The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
:wink: I'm sure. And at least he knows its gone to a good home. I never imagined it was that famous over there!
What a great story! Its always great when there are stories to go with car sales, very much like Phil Peter's sale of his car before getting the RHD.
It was Front page :lol: must have been a dull week.. Tongue
Its ironic you say that Jonny, I was going to buy Phils car,the LHD I mean, but the house sale didnt go through till after he sold it. so I went for this one instead :oops:
Which one was Phill's car? That must have been before I was looking.
It was vin 4400
I cant find any of the add pics now, I think they must have been removed
http://www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk/fo ... edf5092957
UPDATE:
today I received...wait for it...another bill :twisted:
for any one interested the car was about 11k, shipping 1k taxes and fees 2.6k
And Im told I may not get it this year Cry
The docks close this weekend and bling is still in its container. :oops:
Ho Hum
I had fun and games with customs today too. Remember that bling gearknob and gatechange I bought 2 weeks ago for $312 USD? Well they aint arrived yet because its being held at the fedex customs department until Ive paid the £35 duty. And I aint paid a bean in duty for anything i've had from the states in the past...... The credit card had another unnecessary transaction to release it......
I'm glad I bought my apple iphone from this country now!
That sounds steap :?
I was just telling my sons friend the other day about taxes :evil:
e.g. buying fuel .
I want to buy deisel,
my £1 has paid paye tax so now its 80p , the 80p worth of fuel about 64p tax, so for my pound I get 26p worth of fuel, Cry ..suks dont it :oops:
Dan1986 Wrote:Which one was Phill's car? That must have been before I was looking.

Hi Dan,

My old car was VIN# 4400. Here are a couple of shots of the new owner taking back home to Belfast this summer:

[Image: handover.jpg]

[Image: driveoff.jpg]

The link below tells the brief story of why I sold the car. The full story would probably fill a small book!

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtop...sc&start=0
WOOOOO HOOOO its cleared customs. Ill be picking it up on Friday,
its to late to sort out MOT and plates but hey I can still stick a borbal or 2 on it :lol:
BRILLIANT!!! Your going to have the biggest grin on your face when you drive off in it!! How far is it from the port to your house?
264 miles :?
Good luck Friday then mate! i'll be on my works christmas do, so i'll be thinking of you! Oh, and theres me thinking that tax bill was for my stuff off DMOCH.....I was wrong. It was for stuff i've already had last week, and that took some working out! LOL

Get the tinsel out Alllen!
Thanks for posting that pic Phil, that is a very nice D :wink:
So Ben if the bill is for previous stuff,,does that mean your going to get another one for the stuff you are waiting for Cry Bummer
Ive decided Im driving it back on Friday, How far does one go on a tank of petty?? is it more than 264 miles?lol
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29