The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Just wondering, whats underneath all the covering? Is it just stock grey underneath or was it all removed first?
Nothing is under it Dan, the grey had all been removed before it was changed.
Merry Xmas,,Fellow Delorean owner :lol:
Have a good one mate :wink:
Well I hope you all had a merry xmas,
Ive only really just had a proper chance to play with my new toy, and I must say ITS GREAT Big Grin
Ive fitted the new lights, Thanks to Dave Howarth for them, a bit tricky but straight forward enough, Ive "rewired the tail lights for "fog" lights but I just cant decide where to locate the switch, I didnt really want to start hacking into the interior just yet so if any one has any ideas where they located their switch please let me know,
the thing I love most about the car is the look of the engine. a few bolt heads have signs of rust but its fresh , probably the sea air from the crossing, I will be taking them all out and replacing them with stainless anyway,the ones you can see that is,
[Image: DSC00702.jpg]
and one more pic, just cos it looks so dam good 8)
[Image: 30-12-2007174525.jpg]
That engine bay looks brilliant. The whole thing looks excelent actually! although in my opinion the wheels don't quite suit it.

My car has the fog light switch next to the window switches, one of the blanks has been changed for a fog light switch which looks stock.
I just pull off my dummy switch next to the window switch which reveals an illuminated switch below. I have only needed to use it a few times in six years, but glad it was there for when it was needed...
Ok thanks guys, Ill do the same.
I know what you mean about the wheels but they look better in real life than on a pic, dunno why that is, I like them, and the previous owner said he fitted them because they are like the turbine wheels but twisted,
And I see what he means, Ill get the "old " wheels chromed and some new boots on them, then have a play, and maybe sell the looser Smile
I picked up my delorean this evening Big Grin Brilliant!! Big Grin Anyway, here is a pic of the fog light switch I was talking about:

[Image: fog.jpg]
Thats great news mate, Im pleased for you, 8)
when do you intend to use it ?
Tomorow Big Grin
hey, where'd you get the decal for it, mate? Smile
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26fvi%3D1

Visit this link for a whole sheet of decals for our worn out ones... I have these, and they are a 99% match. In fact my plan is this, as I already have a factory rocker switch from DMC Houston and a new blank......

Take all the switches out
Remove all the decals with white spirit
Paint them with factory grey paint
Put new decals on them all
Have the power windows on ouside edges
Have the blank in the middle with an alarm flashing LED and a FOG tell tale light, with their relative emblem decals next to them
Fog light and Rear Demister switches go in either gap that is left with new decals
Find a way to stop them all popping out!

Ben
SO HOW MANY SWITCHES ARE THERE, I ONLY HAVE THE 2 WINDOW SWITCHES AND MY HALFORDS FOG LIGHT SWITCH Cry
There should be 2 blanks, 2 rockers for the window, and 1 on/off switch for the demister. One of my blanks has a hole hacked in it for an illuminated rocker which looks ok, but not outstanding, the other blank has a flashing blue LED in it. Seeing as the new switch ive bought (Which is identical to the others) has no tell tale light in it, and I don't want to get involved with doing away with the lambda light as a tell tale for the fog light, I thought's i'd just put a decal on the new switch, and have a tell tale light mounted in the new blank along with the alarm led with their corresponding decals printed neatly beside them.....

All getting very confusing isnt it.... LOL :?
No im keeping up so far :lol:
To be honest the lay out of the switches is wrong, I mean from a drivers point of view, the window switches should be on the doors, so when you change gear your window doesnt come down :?
and the door lock button should be in the centre and ,where the demist button is and then demist and fog either side, just makes more sense to me :?
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...%26fvi%3D1

Visit this link for a whole sheet of decals for our worn out ones... I have these, and they are a 99% match. In fact my plan is this, as I already have a factory rocker switch from DMC Houston and a new blank......

Take all the switches out
Remove all the decals with white spirit
Paint them with factory grey paint
Put new decals on them all
Have the power windows on ouside edges
Have the blank in the middle with an alarm flashing LED and a FOG tell tale light, with their relative emblem decals next to them
Fog light and Rear Demister switches go in either gap that is left with new decals
Find a way to stop them all popping out!

Ben

yipee - thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29