The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:James, have you got any more of these? My window ones are as new, but I would like a fog light and heated rear window one if you have them available........ Ben

Woohoo I have found 1 fog light and de-mister sticker, I also have the little door lock ones too.

Yours for £2 send your address and I can pop them in the post tommorrow

James
Cry Cry Cry
Well she failed..not to badly but badly enough,
the chassis has holes in 3 places.
.the steerig rack is no good,
emmisions suck, oxy sensor wire is broken off in the sensor.
hand brake inop n/s/r ,
oh yeah and if that dont cap it all the sun strip is to low down the screen 8) looks like Ill have to wear shades after all :lol:
only thing I need help with finding is the oxy sensor, I can see them on US sites but it will take to long to get here, 10 days till retest and counting :?
Like you said Allen, not that bad..... 2 weeks, and it'll be sorted right? :wink:

You are a brave man converting to RHD though.... :oops:
Not as brave as you...ive seen your diet sheet :lol:
LOL. Thats enough about my diet!

Most stuff i've ordered from Delorean Motor Company has arrived the same week. I'd defo give them a try if you can't locate one in the UK.

The steering rack you can have re-furbed

The handbrake should be easy enough to sort......

Holed and corroded? Well, Plate it, and plate it good......... Smile
oxy sensor dave howarth has them, give him a ring TT
Whats the difference between the oxygen sensor and lambda probe?

Sorry about the mot mate Cry Didn't you notice play in the rack when you were driving it?

Just realized you've subscribed to my you-tube account :wink: I'll now have to upload some decent vids of my delorean and some of my other vehicles.

NickT

Dodgy Motor Wrote:Cry Cry Cry
.the steerig rack is no good,
emmisions suck, oxy sensor wire is broken off in the sensor.
hand brake inop n/s/r ,
oh yeah and if that dont cap it all the sun strip is to low down the screen 8) looks like Ill have to wear shades after all :lol:
only thing I need help with finding is the oxy sensor, I can see them on US sites but it will take to long to get here, 10 days till retest and counting :?

Post the emission results and I may be able to help.
MOT limits for 1982 car is up to 4.5% CO and 1200ppm HC with no visible smoke regardless if it has a CAT or not.

Replacement oxygen sensor is Bosch or universal single wire zirconian 0-1v 18mm spark plug thread. You can get one from Dave Howarth as he has loads or you can get one from here:

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_O21WIRE.html

I use the 4 wire one as it has a pre-heater so it is hot and fully working when the lambda switch disengages. This gets rid of the idle oscillations the car can have when the switch disengages and the original o2 sensor isn't hot enough so idles up and down slow at 1Hz.

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_O24WIRE.html

See what RichH said in
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1004
or buy a new one from a dealer.

Are you sure it is the rack or the bush at the bottom of the steering column.

Hand brake could be that the cable has fallen off from the bottom of the hand brake level. This and/ or the cable needs tightening up and is done with the wheel off in front of you.

Good luck.

NickT.

ps No good to you as I am up here but I have just had a couple of hours play with my new welder Smile
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Cry Cry Cry
?

that's too bad Sad

whatr are you doing about the holes in the chassis? Shock

pics!
Thanks for that Nik, spoke to Dave H just now,, all sorted , ill post him the dosh tomoz. its the single wire sensor,
the emmison was only over on the CO 5.2% so it is probaby just that the sensor wire is broken,
and yes it is the rack at both sides, I already spoke to Stu Rees and he has used Driveshaft UK, Ill take the rack off tomorrow and give them a bell to come and pick it up,
Ill check on the brake, the previous owner had just fitted a new cable so maybe something just needs tweeking,
but all in all not to bad really,
And for all you pic lovers.. Ill take some tomorrow when its on the ramps
...or should I be more dedicated and do it now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,errrm NO :lol:
Dan, yeah I did notice play but due to the sh*te weather latley and a narrow garage ive not had much chance to look at it, today at the MOT garage was the first time I took a proper look underneath and apart from the 3 holes it looks ok, at least there are no suspension issues or brake pipes or any of the normal crap you seem to replace on your average Ford every 2 years :lol:
And yeah get those youtube vids up mate..lets see ya shiney now toy properly 8)
and there is no difference in an oxy sensor and a lamda sensor, I just hate Latin :lol:
Alis volat propiis 8)
Ben please take my avtar as a joke.. :wink:
My car has no cat, so I assume theres no O2 sensor? Or is it just screwed into the cat bypass pipe?

I really need to get my car up on ramps and have a look underneath...

bozzzydmc

Dan1986 Wrote:My car has no cat, so I assume theres no O2 sensor? Or is it just screwed into the cat bypass pipe?

I really need to get my car up on ramps and have a look underneath...

[Image: 1-5-0.gif]

It should still be there , its screwed into the drivers side of the front pipe part number 12 on here , near to where the cat was
Pics as promised but not on the ramps. raining again :x
not a huge hole but hey ho
[Image: DSC00733.jpg]
he will remove this plate and make the 2 sides look the same
[Image: DSC00734.jpg]
This one is hard to see but its just behind the fuel filter and just infront of the rear cross member
[Image: DSC00737.jpg]
thats the worst one
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29