The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
so.... "all other things being equal, the stainless chassis seems stiffer" would be fair?

I reckon that's a Good Thing Big Grin
Yep, another positive for going the stainless steel route. The only issue is the slight increase in weight and of course the $9,950 chassis price (plus shipping).

http://www.pearce-design.com/products.html

http://www.pearce-design.com/PFPricing.html
shows $9,950 for the frame. (probably around £5k plus shipping?)
Now thats interesting,,thats bolt on by the look of it. cant see it listed seperately though
[Image: DSCN9364.jpg]
Yes, they are designed to be replacable. Presumably they've never sold one seperately because nobody has crashed one yet.
mmm. I did email them to ask, and NO they do not supply it on its own,moral of the tale, if you buy one of these chassis,,and you have a front end prang,,buy a whole new chassis???
Are you sure he didn't mean that the front end wn't fit the original chassis?

Surely if someone prangs a stainless chassis he would send a new front piece to enable replacement...

If not, we know of someone who could help don't we :wink:
It was more curiosity than a request.. Smile
but below is the emial reply,

Hello Allen,

We do not sell the front crumple section separately. You would need to contact
www.delorean.com for a replacement steel crumple tube.

Happy motoring.
I went to get the car today but he was so busy and mine was right at the back of the garage and he had cars infront, Ill get it monday. no rush, I did pinch the vents from the engine cover and the strips that hold them on, gave me somethng to do,
vents before
[Image: DSC00764.jpg]
vents after powder coating
[Image: DSC00773.jpg]
Strips before .well one of them anyway, all much the same
[Image: DSC00770.jpg]
And after coating, they look blue but are black, they are picking up the colour of my sweater
[Image: DSC00776.jpg]
Good work there Allen.... Smile
Thanks Ben,I hope you took advantage of this grand weather and got out in the car today 8)
Not today unfortunately, as it's swimming day, and had to take Kel to have her nails done for valentines day! :roll:

Anyway, I'm fitting my new battery tomorrow, and then i'll pop out to see our mate in Ross On Wye, and try to persuade him to keep the car!

Weather is meant to be the same tomorrow, so way to go!
Looking good that Allen.

I took advantage of the weather and got mine out and done 140 miles today Big Grin
Dan1986 Wrote:Looking good that Allen.

I took advantage of the weather and got mine out and done 140 miles today Big Grin

You Cannibal!

Only 50 miles at a time is acceptable!!

Hope you enjoyed it, my turn tomorrow!
Yeah its great Big Grin I wonder how many people are at home downloading photos of me.... :roll:
Speaking of pics and things Dan,,dont see any vids of your car on your youtube yet :wink: hint hint

Had an email from the previous owner ,he checks this forum to see the progress on the car,,HI JOHN :wink:
he reminded me he tried a synthetic oil last time he changed the oil and he has been told it will probably leak pass the seals,,so that might be my oil leak, Ill try changing the oil and filter for standard oil and give it a few dozen miles see if the leak has stopped,,hope thats all it is Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29