The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
NickT Wrote:[Cheapest mod that can be done with the car is fit a (nice-fitting) de-cat pipe, and fit the MATCHING venturi, fuel distributor, spark distributor, CPR from the Volvo B28E. Also not fit fuel lines that pulse the fuelling, balloon and fall off.

Claire could increase fuel economy now by hanging a couple of buckets underneath the exhaust pipes to catch the fuel dumped out of the back then pour it back into the tank after filtering the carbon out.

I will personally check Claires engine over and perform qualitative fuel pressure tests, CPR tests, fuel injector spray pattern tests, ignition curve tests etc to get it running right.

NickT

ps EVERY car is more economical on a long run.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats really kind of you Nick, I learnt a lot from you at Eurotech last year
and it will be great if you can spare some of your valuable time on my
car **bows down, not worthy**

Top Geeza!!! Big Grin
I think mine could do with a going over too! It looks like I need to get the bigger venturi first though.

Martin, what volvo parts are actualy on mine? Is it eveything exept the venturi?
It's been a few years since Dave and I did DGS but I think it will be just ignition dizzy and metering head. I don't remember how the vacuum system is set up, it could be different. We got to a point where it worked well and Dave decided to leave it (he'd put up with anaemic power since he bought the car and was as happy as larry with the difference at the time).

If you get good fuel economy, decent performance, and you never have trouble starting the engine, I'd advise leaving it alone. That said, I -may- have a large intake venturi on my shelf, I'll need to check. I ran out of 013 distributors some months ago, so can't remember.
If you could have a look that will be great. I'd like to get it set up properly really. Yes it does drive well at the moment, but if I could improve it and save some fuel then its got to be worth it :wink:
Dan if its running well, and not over consuming fuel leave it alone ,mate, get some use out of it,,first,
,it will never be as economical as your old Reliant Kitten :lol:
theres an old moral and it is sometimes very true,
"if it aint broke, dont fix it," :?
I dont wish to mean that in a disrespectfull way to Martin, Im sure he is a very capable guy. :wink:
Don't worry I am using it! I wouldn't change anything about until I service it. I want to change all the oils and flush the coolent and fit a metal header tank to it, and while I'm doing that it would be an opertunity to swap this venturi out for the bigger one to match the other volvo bits my car allready has.
Carefull mate, if you change any more bits for volvo it will end up looking like this,, :lol:
[Image: volvo-concept-8.jpg]
LOL. :lol:
Anyway, back on topic, have you got most of your MOT work under control or on schedule now Allen? Smile
Im just off to Southampton for the weekend and on Monday she is in for the welding and MOT,so keep ya fingers crossed :wink:
Good luck!! Big Grin

Send me photos once the welding is done so I can inspect it to make sure its up to my standards :wink: :twisted:
Hey Dan, you had a chance to have a look at your wiper's yet mate? Nice to know what the outcome of that was...... Smile
God knows what it was. They havn't played up once all week!!
How did the welding go Allen? Was it the retest today, or just the MOT work? Smile
Monday was take car to garage day and leave it there till sorted. So fingers crossed I should be picking it up Friday mot'd :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29