The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: CUSTOM DELOREAN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
No offense, but that plate thats been welded is terrible!! I could do a much better job than that and I'm not a professional.

NickT

Dodgy Motor Wrote:Thanks for that Nik, spoke to Dave H just now,, all sorted , ill post him the dosh tomoz. its the single wire sensor,
the emmison was only over on the CO 5.2% so it is probaby just that the sensor wire is broken,
and yes it is the rack at both sides, I already spoke to Stu Rees and he has used Driveshaft UK, Ill take the rack off tomorrow and give them a bell to come and pick it up,
Ill check on the brake, the previous owner had just fitted a new cable so maybe something just needs tweeking,
but all in all not to bad really,
And for all you pic lovers.. Ill take some tomorrow when its on the ramps
...or should I be more dedicated and do it now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,errrm NO :lol:

Does your fuel computer work?
There is a bleed off valve (frequency valve) with a white electrical connector in the fuel return line. This should buss when the car is running.
If it isn't then this would explain why the engine is running rich.
Usual case is incorrect relay fitted in module 12:

http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/ ... ences.html

Look at this pdf document:

http://support.in-car-stuff.com/files/P ... 0Sheet.pdf

You can use P Type or F Type as long as it is wired as 2A.
The usual switching is 1C.
The wiring of the relay is usualy a diagram on the side of the relay.

When you buy a relay ensure that pins 85 and 86 are opposite each other. If they are next to each other then this is for/ off a GM derived car.

Good luck,

NickT
Dan are you bragging again :lol:
Thanks for that Nik ill check it, where abouts is the valve located in the line?
I didn't mean to sound like I was bragging :oops: I didn't mean it like that. I was just surprised someone has done such a poor job on a car like that.
Yeah, the least they could have done was to patch it up with bubblegum first! LOL

I owe you that one Allen for my replica of Osama BenLaden

LOL
Dan I was just ribbing you :lol:
As to Mr Benladen,,, :lol: "bubblegum" indeed :? you just got food on the brain all the time mate :lol: But hey your doing well bud to stick with it, :wink:
Just read something thats shattered my world Sad
Regulation states 70% of visible light must pass through the drivers windows including any other substrate fitted to the glass. Many people misunderstand the regulation and presume that 70% allows a 30% tint - It doesn't! Glass does not let in 100% of light. Clear glass only allows approximately 86% of light to pass & the slight tint of standard manufactured glass varies from the 70% maximum limit up to approx 80% of light passing through, thus any film being applied to these windows will drop the light transmissions to below the regulation limit.

The tint has to go Cry

NickT

Dodgy Motor Wrote:Dan are you bragging again :lol:
Thanks for that Nik ill check it, where abouts is the valve located in the line?

Near the coil cover bolted to the rocker cover.

Just to make it clear, Module 12 should have the relay as 2A

Good Luck

NickT
Yeah Allen, the babylon made me take my sunstrip off after pulling me over one fine evening. It was either that or have my car impounded. I couldn't get all the sunstrip off on the side of the road, but when the officer was satisfied that it was torn beyond reasonable repair, he let me on my way with..... you guessed it..... a £40 fine

The law is cruel......
Its also illegal to have no front plate and an american plate on the back but my car still has it :lol:

Talking of police that reminds me, I got pulled over the other night for towing a car with a tow rope on the M11. Apparently its illegal to use a tow rope on the motorway 8) 'I didn't know officer' At least I didn't get a fine, but the 'helpful officer' made us leave the car in a park+ride carpark which had a sign saying 'no overnight parking' :roll: and come back for it in the morning and tow it back down the back roads Shock which was far more dangerous than going on the motorway for a couple of junctions.
Yes Dan it is Ilegal unless it is in the interests of road users safety,that is to say emergency and just off the carriage way or to the hatd shoulder, A solid bar is ok, as long as you have an "on tow " plate on the back of the towed vehicle, and the rear lights work. i.e. trailer board,
but Ben is right, with the stuff I have on the windows they will put a prohibition order on it, not just a warning and a slap on the wrists,so it has to go
Just thought id update, spent a few hours yesterday fixing my stone guard
Before
[Image: DSC00704.jpg]
AFTER
[Image: DSC00747.jpg]
It is now powder coated silver,,bling at the front too now :lol:
And if you are REALLY bored have a look at it on youtube
WARNING you must be really bored to want to do that :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnbokMliow
Dan1986 Wrote:My car has no cat, so I assume theres no O2 sensor? Or is it just screwed into the cat bypass pipe?

I really need to get my car up on ramps and have a look underneath...

DGS, Claire's Flopsy and my ex #1458 were the three cars Dave and I tested our stage 1 mods on. None of these cars has a functioning lambda system as a result. You have a lambda sensor, but it's only performing the function of plugging up the hole.
Can you tell me a bit more about the stage 1 conversion on my car please?

Cheers.
B28E Ignition distributor, fuel metering head and intake venturi, although yours never had the latter because it worked just fine with the standard one.

Timing is set up differently, as is the vacuum system.

NickT

Bypass thermo vac switch - not required with B28E stuff on.

Inlet manifold to new 2" long vac pipe to T piece.
Move Distributor solenoid from thermo vac switch to this T piece.
Connect other side of T piece to B28E CPR.

Volvo B28E specs:

10 degrees BTDC vac pipe disconnected at distributor.

Emissions 2% CO at idle (+/- 0.5)

Enjoy 8)

Nick.

Ensure that the B28E Venturi is used to the matching fuel distributor as this will alter the fuel curve causing v rich mixture.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29