Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,021
» Latest member: Simon2468
» Forum threads: 6,374
» Forum posts: 57,140

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
DOC National Annual Weeke...
Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
10 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 179
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Views: 41
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 54
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 247
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 52
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 67
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 257,671
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,946
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 448

Glove compartment, Help req please
Posted by: Chris Williams - 16 Sep 2006, 16:39 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (2)

I am just in the process of putting all my dash/binnacle/come to that most of the interior back in :roll:
Anyway I have got to the glove box and for the life of me cannot remember or work out how the catch goes. not on the lid but on the inside of the glove box.
Would somebody be good enough to take a picture of theres and post it please to jog my memory. Thanks
Chris

Print this item

WANTED - Jack compartment cover
Posted by: Craig Churchill - 14 Sep 2006, 21:19 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

Hi All

I am after a jack compartment cover with the clips that secure it to the body

My car did not have one when i imported it

does anyone have one for sale

many thanks

Craig

Print this item

Rad Fans
Posted by: Birksie - 13 Sep 2006, 21:48 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (4)

I know this has been brought up on the odd occasion, but I need to find out what my specific problem is.
I ventured out yesterday, on what is usually a short trip (7 miles). When I get to the multi-story carpark of the Hilton I kindly asked a closeby work contractor to press the button on the ticket machine so I could get in the car park. He says "Yeah, no problem mate. Nice car by the way, is there supposed to be steam bellowing out of the back!!!!!" Arrrrgggh. I backed my car up and turned the engine off, and looking at my temp gauge, noticed it was running at the top of the red!!!!!

The young chap kindly gave let me top my system up, after waiting 30 mins for it to cool down. I struggled to start her back up, but once running, has been fine since, except for the fact I have no fans kicking in!

Today, I checked all the fuses in my fusebox, and all were fine. I then removed the connector from the otterstat and shorted out the pins to see if the fans kicked in, and they didnt!!! So...Im now stuck, as I know very little about the wiring system for the rad fans.

Can anyone tell me if there's any other fuses, or indeed (Id imagine) a relay of some sort that is vuneralble to failure? Or should there be something else I can check?

Print this item

fuse board
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 12 Sep 2006, 20:58 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (5)

Hi. Just looked for a blown fuse that makes my full beam not work. It is ok. I did notice however that fuse number 2 the engine control 20 amp fuse had melted in the holder but not blown. What does this fuse do and what is engine control as there are 2 engine control fuses. The car refused to start and there was no sound coming from the fuel pump. Sorry to be a pain but my misses has packed my manuels and my disks with the manuals on also as we are trying to move house

Print this item

Donnington 9th/10th Sept 2006 now on DOC website gallery
Posted by: TristanC - 12 Sep 2006, 18:50 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I've just updated our club website gallery with the pics of Donnington from last weekend:

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/car ... other.html

There is some movie footage from inside Bozzy's as he teared up the track, but I still need to cut it together.

I'll post another update once this is done.

cheers

Tris

Print this item

Head lights help please
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 11 Sep 2006, 21:01 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (2)

Hi guys. Can anyone help me with my headlights please. When my lights are on and i go to full beam only my side lights work and dip beam goes out. I'm guessing this is an MOT failier :roll: Any sugestions greatfully received.

Print this item

Tricky gear change
Posted by: frostrobo - 10 Sep 2006, 21:45 - Forum: 4 - Transmission - Manual & Automatic - Replies (4)

Hello,

I got to go out and drive a Delorean again yesterday, one that I am interested in buying. Its in very good condition, inside and out.

However, I found that changing down into second gear was very tricky - even the owner had trouble. Working up through the gears is no problem at all (nice and smooth), but going from 4th or 5th into 2nd was difficult, as the gear did not consistantly engage.

Is this a common problem on a DeLorean, and is it fixable? Or is it a quirk of the car and something that I just need to get used too? Maybe I'm too used to using modern gearboxes - do I need to double de-clutch going down?

I'd like to know as aside from that issue, the car is in superb shape and I'm hoping that it can be mine shortly!

Cheers,

Simon

Print this item

Fuse box replacement
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 09 Sep 2006, 22:27 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (18)

My fuse box is becoming more than a little twichy and I am looking to install a more long term fix than just another OEM item.

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-pa ... lock-3.jpg

The above could be interesting. I remember the Maddie DeLorean has an unusual solution by using aerospace technology, is the owner of this car/Dan Willis' first DeLorean (or someone who knows of it) on the list who can comment more on this approach.

Inline fuses have the advantage of a single replacement for each socket which is an easy solution rather than the whole block being tarnished, although inlines could get messy and surely take up more space.

Any suggestions?

Print this item

Ground In Relay Box
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 08 Sep 2006, 19:16 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (8)

Hi all

Bought myself a fancy Alpine powered bass box and need a ground location for it. Before I blow something up can anyone tell me a good location for a ground in the Relay box??

I have to wire the 12v connection straight to the battery and will be using the wire under the gear stick for the switched 12v but cant seem to remember where there is a ground wire around there.

Any help most appreciated.

Print this item

white LED festoon bulbs
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 08 Sep 2006, 16:54 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (6)

I recently fitted a new switch (same as the glove box type) in the engine bay as my alarm system needs it and I am extremely anxious to upgrade the festoon bulb to an LED type due to the many reports of this being a potential fire hazard if left as is.

I am also tempted to convert the other 3 festoon bulbs in the car to LED too (1x luggage compartment, 2x interior).

Does anyone know of a source they can recommend before I revert to a random supplier and unknown quality of goods...

Thanks in advance

Print this item