Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
Yesterday, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 120
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
Yesterday, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 27
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 173
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 27
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 42
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 254,042
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,019
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 419
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 47

DeLorean Australia Web Site
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 06 Oct 2006, 14:37 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (14)

Recieved an email from one of our fellow enthusiasts in Australia, why not check their site out :wink:

http://www.zeta.org.au/~lanceh/delorean/

Print this item

Windex
Posted by: alexadams1 - 06 Oct 2006, 10:48 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

Is it true that you can clean a DeLorean with windex, that window cleaner stuff?

Print this item

Luggage comparrtment light - equivalent source found!
Posted by: Rich Hanlon - 05 Oct 2006, 17:48 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - No Replies

For various resaons (well, someone piled into the back of the other half's Micra :-( ), we've ended up with a Daewoo (nay Chevrolet) Matiz as a hire car for a few days.

Anyway, the boot light is a perfect replica for the Delorean boot light, fits the same connections and the same hole with no modifications whatsoever. Visually they are identical.

The only difference is that they take a slightly smaller bulb, but still of the same doiuble-ended type, and the same 10W rating...

Don't know about any other Daewoos/ Chevreolet's, but it could be a useful source route to getting hold of a a spare if you're trying to track one down at any point.

Rich

Print this item

door solanoid
Posted by: tracey steele - 02 Oct 2006, 14:08 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (7)

Puting door`s back together today but haveing problem, both doors will lock, but the left hand door won`t unlock any suggestions
cheers
tracey
vin 6484

Print this item

Getting into the luggage compartment
Posted by: Rottbott - 30 Sep 2006, 19:23 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (9)

Hi all,

I just got my gear shift pivot bolt fixed so I can drive my car again (hooray!), but in the process I discovered that the bonnet release has also broken with no warning, it just moves freely without unlatching. When I first got my car Martin put in a backup wire for when this happened, but unfortunately the problem seems to be with the latch itself rather than a snapped cable because that wire also won't work, and it just pulled straight out without doing anything Sad.

To make it worse I have the flat bonnet with no fuel flap, so I have no way to refuel the car until I can get in there. So my question is, how can I break into my own car's luggage compartment without breaking it? I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem!

Print this item

How is the fuel tank held in place?
Posted by: Craig Churchill - 30 Sep 2006, 18:42 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (2)

Hi

If i remove the big metal triangle coverin the fuel tank will the tank fall on my head?

how is the tank held in?

many thanks

Craig

Print this item

Dash Illumination Problem
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 29 Sep 2006, 23:22 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (5)

Ok here goes

I took my dash apart today to start my new stereo project. Once finished I put everything back together the way it was before (or so i thought)

I have lockzilla and when you lock or unlock the car it flashes all the outside lights and lights up the headlight switch, hazard switch and the instrument cluster/speedo etc. This keeps all these lights on for about 30 seconds and then switches them off. Usualy once I put the key in and turn the headlights on the speedo lights up and the headlight/hazard lights up too. So once I had the dash back together I switched on the headlight switch to test it and it didnt light up nor did it turn on the dash lights - it did turn on the headlights but it ALWAYS turns on the little bulb in the switch and the hazard the funny thing is that it still turns on when I lock or unlock the car, so if it can do it then why cant it do it when I actually press the switch in??

Every other light works including headlights and breaks so why does this not work?? Rheostat WAS working when I took the dash apart but there isnt even any power going to the rheostat as I have tested the wires running to it with a multimeter and tried to connect them both together but this does not work. All the warning lights on the binacle work just not the lights controled by the rheostat. When I first put the headlight switch back in I remember it lighting up when I pressed it on, it was only when I went to reconnect the rheostat that it all stopped working.

Where does the power come from to control the rheostat and light up the dash and the headlight/hazard light as I feel I have blown a fuse or pulled a wire out, but how does it still work with the lockzilla????

IDEAS PLEASE!!!!!
p.s ALL FUSES INTACT IN FUSE BOX (checked them first)

Print this item

oil pressure switch
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 28 Sep 2006, 23:07 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (3)

Can any one tell me the part # of the oil pressure switch, mine has decided to drip all over my nice clean floor :lol:
Love Tony TT

Print this item

Quick Question - your opinions.
Posted by: Barson - 27 Sep 2006, 18:18 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (9)

Hello.

When I was looking over the engine compartment, shortly after I got the car, a mechanic friend and I noticed this:
[Image: IMG_0957marked.jpg]

The two should be joined by a small tube.

Can anybody tell me what difference not having the tube fitted will make to the running of the car?

It's only a little thing, but i thought I'd ask around first before I shell out for a 2" piece of tubing :p

cheers m' dears. :lol:
Barzo

Print this item

When does the new Delorean News arrive
Posted by: ssnjimb - 27 Sep 2006, 11:49 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (2)

Hello

What times of the year does our magazine get published.

James Smile

Print this item