Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door solanoid
Puting door`s back together today but haveing problem, both doors will lock, but the left hand door won`t unlock any suggestions
cheers
tracey
vin 6484
Try having a look on here.

http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/strag...inding.htm

Or it might be that a pin in the lock has fallen out of place, all the pins are held in place by the lock itself. They have small springs on them and can easily 'bounce' off.

Try taking out the lock itself and making sure that there is nothing missing, you'll know if there is.
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
tracey steele Wrote:Puting door`s back together today but haveing problem, both doors will lock, but the left hand door won`t unlock any suggestions
cheers
tracey
vin 6484

Hi Tracey

Do you mean it wont unlock when the central locking is all rigged up?

Have you tried manually locking it with the locking module disconnected ?, will it lock / unlock ok now ? if it will it sounds like the solenoid / electrical 'wiper' arm is either not set up correctly or the solenoid windings are faulty in that direction .
Hi tracy, if all fails i think Chris Nickolson has some.
cheers tony TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
chances are it will be the solenoid wiring

you can check the wiring out by using a multimeter on the central locking plug. there are 4 red/slate cables. these go to the 4 windings (2 solenoids lock & unlock). connect a multimeter set to ohms between the black pin (earth) and then to each of these. the readings should be within 5% of each other. if one is very low then one of the windings has gone short.

it could also be the central locking module not activating the unlock side of the relay. the wiper acts like a toggle switch and both doors should be shut to fully lock/ unlock the door.

but

you can check the wiper by just removing the door pull down handle and peeking up near the door key

you can spray wd40 on it using the red tube to get closer.

good luck.
like too thank you for all the hint`s and suggestions ,gonna have another go at it today so i`ll let you know how it goes
cheers
tracey
vin 6484
Quote:Puting door`s back together today but haveing problem, both doors will lock, but the left hand door won`t unlock any suggestions

Did you get it fixed?
Alexander Adams
Hull, East Yorkshire
DOC member - 389
Reg of first D experience - HEC 6T
not yet still working on it,gonna have a go tommorrow as i started to lose my rag and my tools went flying out of the work shop, i`ll get their in the end i hope
cheers for asking
tracey
vin 6484 (marti)
rhd