Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,021
» Latest member: Simon2468
» Forum threads: 6,374
» Forum posts: 57,140

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
DOC National Annual Weeke...
Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
Yesterday, 16:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 179
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Views: 41
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 55
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 247
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 54
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 67
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 257,739
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,953
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 449

When does the new Delorean News arrive
Posted by: ssnjimb - 27 Sep 2006, 11:49 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (2)

Hello

What times of the year does our magazine get published.

James Smile

Print this item

Radio Wiring Harness
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 27 Sep 2006, 00:22 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (5)

Hi all

Planning a hidden ICE install in the car and need an old radio harness off the back of a Craig radio...

If anyone has an old Craig radio that is beyond repair can you let me know as I would like to cut the harness off the back for my project.

Simply I am going to fit a stereo behind the drivers seat in the cubby hole and still leave my woking Craig in the dash still hooked up to power so that the clock still works. With the cut off harness from an old Craig I dont have to cut into the original wiring.

Print this item

Hazard and headlamp switches
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 26 Sep 2006, 20:38 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - No Replies

The functionality of both switches is good. Fuse is good and so are the bulbs, but the hazard switch rarely illuminates.

The headlamp switch always lit up reliably and then I took out the bulb, installed the correct LED replacement, no light. Placed back the original bulb and it no longer works. The bulb filament is still intact though.

Is it just dodgy contacts within the switches for where the bulbs gain a contact?

Thanks in advance

Print this item

interior light dimming circuit
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 26 Sep 2006, 20:30 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (20)

I have seen other cars with this problem, so it can't be that unusual. The interior lights (one near the rear view mirror and the other mounted above the middle of the rear parcel shelf) have three tiltable settings:- OFF/ON WHEN DOORS OPEN/ALWAYS ON/

The 'OFF' or continous 'ON' work fine. The problem is the 'ON WHEN DOORS OPEN' setting on my car they stay off. The white relay:-

[Image: 100817.jpg]

when plugged it does nothing. I guess it could be faulty, is there an easy test?

What else could cause this?

Cheers

Print this item

Where can i buy frame paint/epoxy and what are the codes?
Posted by: Craig Churchill - 26 Sep 2006, 19:22 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

I am looking for some chassis/frame paint/epoxy - any sugesstions?

many thanks

Craig

Print this item

Short running
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 26 Sep 2006, 19:11 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (3)

If a DeLorean is started from cold, reversed out of the garage and then immediately driven back in and the engine shut off on nearly a daily basis would this do the car any harm?

This is purely for moving the car out of the way to get at other stuff in the garage...

Print this item

Seat Removal
Posted by: Barson - 25 Sep 2006, 15:45 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (2)

Hello. 8)

I need your help.

To cut a long story short, I need to re-attach the handbrake cable nipples to the handbrake handle mechanism. To do this I need to remove my driver's side seat. (LHD) to get proper access to the handbrake.

Can anybody give us some quick advice on the best way to do this? I've located, underneath the rear of the seat, two square nuts that i believe are holding the seat to the rails (is this right?). Are there any other nuts holding the seat down? and is there anything else i need to look at first before I do this? :? :oops: :lol:

I'm being quite cheap and cheaky in asking this, because im in the midst of purchasing a set of manuals, which would probably tell me all I need to know...

thanks!
Barson.

Print this item

Cat Bypass - rubbish fit, poor engineering.
Posted by: NickT - 25 Sep 2006, 12:40 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (5)

Mike and I have had another car playing day yesterday and so I thought it was time to fit my cat bypass pipe i bought 3 years ago.

With my car over my pit and my air tools at the ready the exhaust was off in 30 minutes ! I had a look in the cat and it had broken up slightly but still flowed OK and was spot on for the emissions for the MOT (0.02% CO)

Brilliant , or so I thought..... :roll:

When I came to fit the cat bypass pipe the fit was abysmall. We had to spend an hour chopping filing grinding etc. just for it to fit. :evil:

I hope that the quality of these have vastly improved because the one I bought was very very poor.

Just warning everyone else who thinks this is going to be a mornings work.

NickT.

Print this item

Funny noises when cornering
Posted by: dmckelv12 - 21 Sep 2006, 22:38 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (44)

I have recently noticed that when i corner into a right hand bend sort of sharpish, i hear a bang as though something has hit the inside wall of the luggage compartment (which is empty).
Anyone experienced this or may know what this is?????
Cheers Smile

Print this item

Cooling fans not working
Posted by: tom inman - 21 Sep 2006, 19:55 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (7)

I'm having over heating problems as the cooling fans aren't kicking in when the engine gets up to temperature. The temperature sender unit is new. Wondered if it's a relay problem or is there another switch that turns the fans on. The fan fail switch isn't lighting but that might just be the bulb.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ps would like to know how to get onto the locked How To's part of the forum.

Cheers
Tom
DOC372

Print this item