Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 139
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 31
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 185
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 33
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 254,910
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,286
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 430
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 50

Private messages problem
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 11 Jul 2007, 17:52 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (4)

I have now had two messages sent to my external email account (the first was a week or so ago) saying there is/are private messages waiting for me.

My mailbox is around 50-70% yet the two new messages are no where to be seen.

Any ideas of what the problem could be?

I have pasted the notification below:-

Hello Chris Hawes,

You have received a new private message to your account on "http://www.deloreans.co.uk" and you have requested that you be notified on this event. You can view your new message by clicking on the following link:

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/privms ... lder=inbox

Remember that you can always choose not to be notified of new messages by changing the appropriate setting in your profile.

--
emailed from The UK DeLorean Owners Club Initial setup by NickT

Print this item

Whayyy!!! .....Number 1 :)
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 11 Jul 2007, 17:21 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp ... bject=more

Print this item

DeLorean Owners Club UK Top Hit On Google
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 11 Jul 2007, 13:50 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (5)

Thanks to the guys looking after our forum and website we are now no1 on 'google' for people searching for 'DeLorean' in the UK and up to number 4 in the worldwide search!

Cheers to those involved !!

Print this item

Important information about old tyres
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 10 Jul 2007, 19:00 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (2)

Hi All,

I read this in the Rapier Club Mag yesterday, and thought, as some people may still have the original Goodyear NCT's (or other old tyres) on their D's that this information should be passed on:

Stop Press!
After a fatal accident, the FBHVC (Federation of Historic Vehicle Clubs) says check your tyres! And by that, it doesnt mean just checking the tyre pressures and making sure that there is enough tread, but making sure the sidewalls are in good condition and not unduly old.

Her Majesty's Coronor for Manchester has written to FBHVC with details of an accident that took place last year in which the driver of an H registered MG B lost his life when a rear tyre burst on the M56. Evidence shows that that the driver was a skilled mechanic and a careful and experienced driver who was not travelling particularly fast at the time. The car was described by police as being maintained in an excellent condition. The surviving passenger said that just before the accident, the driver had commented that a 'tyre wobble' had developed and he was going to 'drive through it'. The wobble went briefly, but then the tyre burst, causing the car to spin, clip a kerb and flip over.

Subsequent investigation showed that - although hardly used - the tyre was 25 years old. It was one of a set of as-new tyres and wheels purchased at an autojumble the previous year for use for show purposes - at the time of the incident, the car was on its way to a show at Oulton Park.

FBHVC included this note in its newsletter in December 2003:

"The Daily Telegraph recently carried a piece in the 'Honest John' column suggesting that tyre age was to become a testable item in the MoT test. We immediately contacted the Department for Transnsport and were advised that although most tyres already carry dates of manufacture in their side-walls, there are no plans to implement regulations to check such dates at the annual MoT test.

The British Rubber Manufacturers Association suggests that if a tyre is six years old and remains unused it should not be put into service. It also suggests that in ideal conditions, tyres may have a life expectancy of 10 years. Clearly, if DfT did decide to implement tyre date testing, there would be considerable implications for owners of older vehicles and we would certainly be making appropriate representations."

The moral of the story, is not to wait for the government to impose tyre testing on everyone, but to make sure your own tyres are in good condition, never use undated second hand tyres, and never try to drive through a 'tyre wobble'.

Regards,

Print this item

v8 delorean
Posted by: MikeH - 10 Jul 2007, 14:25 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (1)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0140567402

Print this item

De Lorean Dreams!?
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 09 Jul 2007, 21:39 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=956

a couple of pages Smile

Print this item

Speedo problems
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 08 Jul 2007, 17:18 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (5)

Hi all i'm not sure where to post this question. So move it if you want. On my Trip to Le manns a couple of weeks ago, my speedo failed as i was about 15 miles south of Cherbourg. It didn't matter though as i was using my sat nav for the speed in km's anyway. That was the only problem i had on the trip except for trying to drive down the Mullsanne straight on mad friday. Approximately everyone wanted a photo. Swwwweeeeet.
Anyway. I have looked in the manual and the is no imformation on speedo's. Has anyone had any dealings with or fixed or any tips for me as to fixing the thing. When it failed the needle started to sort of bounce up and down the clock for about a mile then it just went down to 0mph. Many thanks in advance.

Print this item

orlando
Posted by: tracey steele - 07 Jul 2007, 16:26 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

Hi all
well i`ve just got back from orlando and a fab holiday it was too Big Grin ,just could`nt help having my pic took with doc brown he was a laugh and a half ,the ride was still there but you can`nt get too it no more ,the shop was nearly empty of bttf gifts which was a shame ,just wish i had made it earlier to ride the bttf ride Cry
[Image: DSC01831.jpg]
GREAT SCOTT
[Image: DSC01824.jpg]

Print this item

Idle Speed Motor.
Posted by: Barson - 07 Jul 2007, 13:19 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (16)

I just need you to confirm my suspicions that my idle motor is bad.

Have a look at this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drlanceangr...boutit.AVI

It's a video of me operating the idle speed micro switch.

The aperture within the idle motor isn't closing. The valve is just twitching.

With it disconnected I can move the valve manually but when connected it just twitches when in fact it's supposed to close the gap solid.

I suspect this'll be causing un-metered air entering into the manifold and possibly causing my backfiring into the intake (amongst other things)?

Hey ho
Dave.

Print this item

DeLorean News Issue 37
Posted by: Phil Peters - 06 Jul 2007, 14:10 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (20)

Hi everybody,

Just a quick message to let you know that DeLorean News Issue 37 went to the printers last week so you can expect it to arrive in the post fairly soon Big Grin

Thanks as usual to all those who contributed stories and articles to this issue.

If you have a few minutes spare one rainy evening (and let's face it, there are plenty of those right now), put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and send something in to me, as we need some more articles for September's issue!

Best wishes,

Print this item