Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,019
» Latest member: ajohntxaxdz486
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 45
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 159
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 23
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,139
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,688
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 408
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 39
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 44

back to the future ride
Posted by: tracey steele - 17 Nov 2006, 09:49 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

I thought the bttf ride was closed for good,I had my mate thats just come back from america yesterday, and he said the ride was still up and running and that it looked like the ride has been refurbished, ummmm, a bit confused has any body else heard of it being done up.

cheers
tracey
vin
rhd :? :? :?

Print this item

forum is twitchy
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 15 Nov 2006, 16:23 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (7)

The forum is not loading properly/at all. Other webpages are fine. In the last few minutes it has recovered. It has been wrong for most of today.

Print this item

Larger stock wheels
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 15 Nov 2006, 10:04 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (2)

For the owners that would like to maintain the stock look and update the wheel profile to 21st Century or just to accomodate larger brake assemblies see what you think of these:-

Clearly done on Photoshop. The front wheel is too big but the rear is well proportioned:-
http://www.dmctalk.com/attachment.php?a ... 1138526995

This one was modified from a DMCH proposed wheel apparently:-
[Image: BigStock.jpg]

[Image: ModifiedBig.jpg]
The above allows the brake assemlies to be more visible. Looks like a Genereal Lee wheel.

I like the stock looking wheel. If DMCH were to make a larger alloy, they would surely sell more of the stock look than any other design.

Print this item

Watch out for the bus lane in manchester
Posted by: ChrisS - 15 Nov 2006, 03:42 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (6)

This gave me a little chuckle Big Grin

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/flv ... ue&fs=true

Print this item

Standar manual transmission with V8?
Posted by: Knight - 14 Nov 2006, 14:05 - Forum: 4 - Transmission - Manual & Automatic - Replies (5)

I'm worried that the standard delorean transmission isn't strong enough to cope with a 350 small block V8 what do you think?

Print this item

Door Lights
Posted by: Paul McKay - 14 Nov 2006, 10:55 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (6)

Hi all,

I purchased my Delorean at the start of last year, and as the door lighting would run down the battery, i disconnected the wires from the switches.

I have since replaced the bulbs with leds, but no matter how i connect the wires back to the switches the lights wont work. I have checked the fuse which is fine and tried various ways of connecting the wires back to the switches to no success.

What am i doing wrong?

Can someone also please be kind enough to look at their Delorean, and confirm which wires go where. 4 on driver door and 2 on passenger door.

Thank you.

Print this item

Info about the PRV
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 14 Nov 2006, 10:43 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (4)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRV_engine

http://www.renaultbiler.no/pdf/prv-v6Technical_Info.pdf

Print this item

SIGNATURES
Posted by: Birksie - 13 Nov 2006, 21:55 - Forum: Forum Updates and Advice - No Replies

A quick reminder to all club members. Please make sure you have your real name, DOC number and location in your signature. Vin numbers too (If you want)

Thankyou ! Bing Bong ! That is all.

Print this item

lord mayor show london
Posted by: dmcdj - 13 Nov 2006, 18:26 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

hi all

went down to london for the weekend just gone had a well godd time doing the lord mayor show had great fun with my other film car friends just though i would send the club a link if any one likes other cars

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45277743@N00/

Big Grin

Print this item

aircon hose shredded...
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 12 Nov 2006, 22:26 - Forum: 7 - Heating / Air Conditioning - Replies (4)

I drove a 200 mile trip yesterday and noticed that the steering felt like it was tugging on something whilst on the return leg. :?

I raised the car onto axle stands this afternoon and was pleased to find the cause but also realised how serious it could have been if the aircon hose had ruptured. :oops: It is item 18 part number 100748 as seen at the below link.
http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=83

It is surely no co-incidence that the installation of my stainless steel brake hoses that were fitted only the other week or so ago could have potentially disturbed and finished off what must have been a weak rubber sleeve that holds the aircon pipe in place. As the rubber sleeve split it dropped the aircon hose thus placing it so that the threaded end of the bolt that links the upper steering shaft to the steering column end caught on the hose with each turn of the steering.

The offending bolt:-
http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPa ... popup=true
source page :- http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPage.asp?PageID=68

The first image shows how the rotation of the bolt has shredded the rubber sheath revealing the layer below. Fortunately the pipe is still intact and there has been no leak. I have never seen a cross reference of this pipe but curious to know how much material there is separating the refrigerant from the outside world...

[Image: view2.jpg]

The following two images show what I believe to be the torn rubber sleeve hanging below the aircon hose. I have hoisted the coolant hose up out of the way so that you can see the damage on the hose and how in the lower position it was being shredded.

[Image: viewofeverything.jpg]
[Image: view3.jpg]

I have circled the offending bolt in the following image, but the camera has not focussed on the damaged material.

[Image: view4.jpg]

I was going to find a suitable rubber compound to repair the protective part of the pipe. I have moved it around gently to do the photos and determine the extent of the damage. It has not leaked.
Can anyone clarify how much pipe there is between the gas and me?

Even if it had leaked how can you easily replace this pipe? It is tucked between the pontoon and the chassis. The metal ends would surely mean that you cannot simply lubricate the pipe to aid pulling it out. Would this really mean a chassis/pontoon separation or John Hervey's twin piece version?

I haven't found the replacement supportive sleeve in the manual yet, but would anyone be able to send me a photo illustrating the correct mounting/support of the aircon pipe?

Unless someone has a better suggestion I was going to repair the pipe and then re-mount it.

Thanks in advance?

Print this item