Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 157
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 34
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 194
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 35
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 52
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 255,883
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,433
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 432
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 54

Top Gear - Can anyone help with this one?
Posted by: cgordon - 22 Nov 2006, 18:06 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (13)

Jeremy Clarkson and James May test drove a De Lorean on Top Gear. Does anyone know what series this was in? I am trying to get hold of the footage. Thanks.

Print this item

DeLorean News issue 35
Posted by: Phil Peters - 22 Nov 2006, 13:38 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (36)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the next issue of DeLorean News is coming along nicely and should be ready to proof print soon.

HOWEVER: I am still missing an article/report about the Lotus event from back in the summer. I think it's fair to say that we all had a great time that weekend, so please could one or two of you sum up your memories of the event for us in an article. Here's just a couple of things to jog your memory:

Chris Hawes' exhaust self destructing
Tony's drunken escapades
A herd of DeLoreans convoying around the Norfolk lanes
The fantastic gala dinner and guest speakers
Driving round the Lotus test track and meeting Colin Spooner
Tour of the Lotus factory
David Palmer's RHD DeLorean back on the road especially for the event

As always, the sooner someone can drop me an article on this, the sooner we can get issue 35 finished off and printed Big Grin

Best wishes to everyone,

Print this item

Plutonium DeLorean at Universal
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 21 Nov 2006, 22:57 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

http://www.culttvman.com/shane_johnson_ ... photo.html

[Image: sjohnsondeloreanreal02.jpg]
[Image: sjohnsondeloreanreal03.jpg]
[Image: sjohnsondeloreanreal01.jpg]

The below image from the original BTTF has been brightened to allow a clearer view of the components:-

[Image: PlutoniumBRIGHT.jpg]

More Universal ride info from someone else here:-
http://www.culttvman.com/back_to_the_fu ... rean_.html

I have yet to personally see a BTTF Ride...

Print this item

Epoxy
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 21 Nov 2006, 09:23 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (24)

My chassis is in great shape but there are a couple of areas that I want to tackle/touch up.

[Image: Epoxymatchingcopy.jpg]

Has anyone found a great aftermarket match?

Does Epoxy have to been used or would a suitable Hammerite type product do a good job if layered with multiple coats?

I see no point in colour matching the original Epoxy colour code (i.e. the bits that have not been exposed to sunlight etc) as the mismatch would be obvious. The clever solution is one that is based on the lighter grey finish that has developed over the years.

Any ideas anyone?

Print this item

New alternative to speed cameras
Posted by: ChrisS - 20 Nov 2006, 20:59 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (7)

All in favour say I Big Grin

http://www.speedbandits.dk/

Print this item

Here's another D that wasnt to be...
Posted by: alexadams1 - 20 Nov 2006, 13:57 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (1)

[Image: 229364.jpg]

Print this item

EFi
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 20 Nov 2006, 12:06 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (3)

Having read the recent Gullwing magazine I found that the 3.0 Eagle PRV (similar I guess to the 3L Safrane or A610) was using the following ECU:-

http://www.megasquirt.info/

I wonder how this compares to the ECU interface being looked at with the current DeLorean projects.

Megasquirt learns your optimum setup whilst you drive and also gives you the flexibility of making your own adjustments.

Print this item

Appointment Of Web Editor
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 20 Nov 2006, 11:39 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (11)

Further to the discussions held at the October AGM, I am pleased to announce the appointment of Tristan Carroll as our new 'Website Editor'.

I would like to formally thank Tris for his commitment to this post and the imminent major revamp of the main club website.

Tris can be contacted via private message /email from his 'member listing' under 'TristanC' or click the email link below from the main website

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/contacts/contacts.html

I also wish to thank Tris along with NickT for spending many many hours backing up and relocating this forum to its new 'place' this weekend. Not a simply task as you can imagine, but seamlessly done and now running better than ever before. It is gratefully appreciated for all the late nights and early (3.00am) mornings spent on this.

Thanks again Guys

Print this item

Back to the Future part III
Posted by: alexadams1 - 20 Nov 2006, 08:53 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (13)

I bought a BTTF III model a couple of days ago, the one with the stuff on the hood and the red/silver wheels. the wheels are proportionate to the original DMC, but on the movie they are the same size, front and rear.

The front wheel arches are smaller than the rear though, would this mean that the movie wouldnt be able to turn left or right as good as a standard D'?

Print this item

FORUM TRANSFER 18 NOV 2006 14:30 - 19:00
Posted by: NickT - 18 Nov 2006, 14:05 - Forum: Forum Updates and Advice - Replies (1)

To all,

With the recent downtime of the current ISP it has been decided that the harmonisation between the current forum hosting and the www.deloreans.co.uk will be rapidly brought forward (, as noted in the AGM at the NEC)

The transfer will be done this afternoon from 14:30 and should be active before 19:00 if all the export/ reimport SQL data transfer goes to hand.

The majority of the work has been done in conjunction with myself and Tristan last night and this morning to minimise disruption with this hopefully seamless transfer.

The new forum will work in the same way as before.

ALL data will be transferred which is why this forum will be locked/ closed down during this short interim.

Once the forum is back up please let us know if something has been missed using the Forum Error Reporting Forum or email me at

NickT@ukdmc.co.uk (this email will be active for 2 weeks after this post has been posted)

Please be constructive in your errors giving as much detail as possible.

Once this is up and working we would be grateful if you could update any links in your favourites or personal web sites to reflect this change.

Thank-you in advance for being patient.

NickT.

Print this item