The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Sky 3 - Best Movie Cars, DeLorean in at #2! - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Sky 3 - Best Movie Cars, DeLorean in at #2! (/showthread.php?tid=171)

Pages: 1 2

Sky 3 - Best Movie Cars, DeLorean in at #2! - Jonny Jones - 02 Dec 2006

I filmed this directly from my TV this evening. Sky 3's 'Best Movie Cars' chart.

To be honest I thought it would get number 1, but there we go. And they interviewed an American replica owner! No dis-respect to the American enthusiasts, but seeing as its a British production, I would have thought they'd interview Glen or maybe Chris Parnham! Quintin Wilson also annoyed me with his constant hate for the car throughout the 3min segment. I still find it funny how much people don't know about the car. "You have a real problem with those doors if you park between two cars!":x Essay over haha the link is below - its SKY3NUMBER2.mov.

http://www.trialmedia.co.uk/DMC

The Mustang from 'Bullet' was #1. Shocking! Shock

- Rach J Young - 02 Dec 2006

I saw that too. How could a mustang beat a delorean!!?? I bet you it was fixed by that idiot quentin wilson!! :evil:

- Pilot25dmc - 02 Dec 2006

That was on SKY this time last year, I did a photo shoot with Jason Barlow the host of the show about 3 days after he filmed it. He was amazed with the car and wished he had been able to meet me before he filmed the show so he could try and get me on it. I was also amazed when he said he had no idea there was even a owners club in the UK!!

As regards to the comments by some of the "Celebs" on the show - Did any of them (other than Richard Hammond) look as if they new ANYTHING about cars!! other than what they had been told to say beforehand. You do have to laugh at the quality of the celebrities they get for these things.

- Rach J Young - 02 Dec 2006

What about james may??!! Shock The best top gear presenter! Big Grin

- Pilot25dmc - 02 Dec 2006

was he on it?? Oh yeah he was! Add him to the list then.

- dmcdj - 02 Dec 2006

hi all

well that repilca car is my friend in the states called daniel unfornattly ( dam spelling ) dan is selling this car on ebay las t time he sent me a email is stands at a total $35,000 i broguht most of this stock items off him for mine so i hope he still has an intrst in deloreans after the sale goes thourgh

- Knight - 05 Dec 2006

I wish I could be on one of those shows coz the first words that would come out of my mouth would be "Quintin Wilson if full of crap" lol on all his reviews I find they're all too 'own opinion' based and not based on fact.

I want him to stand close and lean over a delorean so I can knock him out with the door lol I think a few extra 5 turns of the torsion bars should do it...

- dmcdj - 05 Dec 2006

yea me to but o would do it back to the future style

i would pull over to him open the door and make sure hes standing there like biff was on top of his hotel in back to the future part 2 Big Grin

- Rach J Young - 05 Dec 2006

I'd probably just smack him in the face the old fashioned way with the good old knuckles. :twisted: I need to get revenge for what he said!!

- Tourettes Tony - 05 Dec 2006

At the end of the day he has it in for the car, he doesnt understand why people like them, you cant change that so in a few words sod him :lol:

Cheers TT ps and to be honest with a name like Quentin he may have had a rather disturbed upbringing Big Grin

He must have had fun at school!! :lol:

- dmcdj - 05 Dec 2006

well tony and rach you hit the nail o the head he don,t like them but as long as we do thats all that counts i know lets send a partition in to him saying all that the poeple on this list want you to look into the car BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH MATE

Big Grin

I dunno why they employed him on top gear because he obviously knows nothing about cars. I could teach him a few things about decent cars and so could everybody else on the forum!! You should keep your mouth shut if what your going to say is going to upset a whole car club and fans of a car.

- bozzzydmc - 05 Dec 2006

Exactly .... there are many other cars he 'reviewed' and he said a load of bulloxs about those as well. I dont mind anyone pointing out the real faults on a D because they are not perfect but with knowledge all of them can be sorted .

Strong words but ....Yes i hate the man too Smile

- Daniel Shane - 06 Dec 2006

Ask Mary Hooper What she thinks of him Big Grin