Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
23 Apr 2024, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 169
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 26
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 41
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,743
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,943
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 416
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 45
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 47

Suggestion to the forum
Posted by: Outatime - 08 Feb 2007, 23:15 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (3)

The suggestion board is locked... so I am posting here:

Whenever a over sized photo is uploaded on the thread, the width of the thread always auto adjust so to accomodate the width of the photo.

But the bad thing is that the text also follows that width, so reading the thread will become a job of not only scrolling up and down, but also left and right.

Is it possible to modify the scripts so that the text stays the same as the width of the screen, or... can the script be modified so that over sized images will be resized automatically (for displaying on the thread) and opens in a new window for full size if people click on them?

Print this item

Sparkford motor museum Delorean
Posted by: Martyn - 08 Feb 2007, 20:46 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (3)

Just wondering if anyone knows about the Delorean at sparkford motor museum,i.e vin,interior colour,wheel colour,bonnet or any other info.
I'm sure it's a manual.
The interest in this car :?: It was the first Delorean I had ever seen when I was 6,and I'm now 25 Cry and still don't have one :twisted: .
Maybe one day I will have one,and if i become a big rich rock star I will buy this one at what ever cost :lol: :lol:

Print this item

Delorean on uk ebay
Posted by: Martyn - 08 Feb 2007, 18:07 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (9)

Does anyone know about the car for sale on uk ebay.
Vin 7043.Looking at the engine, it looks like it's been sitting for some time.

Print this item

AGLOCO
Posted by: alexadams1 - 07 Feb 2007, 13:45 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (10)

Dear All,

I joined this today after reading many news articles online.
[url]
www.agloco.com/r/BBBV1999[/url]

Visit the above link.

What you is download a toolbar (when it's released) and they pay you to surf the net and read pop-ups and other advertisments. It's completely risk free and it costs nowt...never!

Print this item

RHD conversion
Posted by: johnomac - 06 Feb 2007, 18:12 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (4)

Whats the feasability of converting a delorean to RHD? Is it worth the expense?
Thanks
John

Print this item

Delorean wheel
Posted by: Martyn - 05 Feb 2007, 15:22 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

I have a rear Delorean wheel in silver that has just been reconditioned if anyone is interested.

Print this item

inner a door frame
Posted by: dmcdj - 05 Feb 2007, 09:06 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - No Replies

hi all

as i had a new frame made for herman i had a few more mad two two out of stainless and two out ometal ifany of you need to replace the pannel which gives the hole cemtre roof the strengh then its takes about a weekend to do a compete change and its worth it plus it takes a lot of hassel of your back thinking it going to break and if your doors torson bars need doing you can do both jobs at once but thanks to a x vender and nick t for the advise on the torsan bars herman know locks very nice and also open well cool thanks

Big Grin

Print this item

front fascia spring latch
Posted by: Emagine - 04 Feb 2007, 14:28 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

Morning all again,

Thanks for the kind words on the new interior. I'm dead chuffed with it I must say.

Ok just going through a few other things on the car.

I've noticed my front grill isn't being held on by too many of the spring latches. Before I order them off DMC is there a cross reference part I can use?

http://www.delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewPa ... popup=true

thanks all.... don't want my grill falling off!!!!!

Print this item

Maddie
Posted by: Martyn - 04 Feb 2007, 13:00 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

One word.STUNNING Tongue Tongue 8) 8)

Print this item

VIN #5641 gets new leather
Posted by: Emagine - 04 Feb 2007, 10:25 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (8)

Morning all,

Well I finally got "Maddie" back from the trimmers on monday so I thought I'd post up some pics of the work I've had done.

Bascially he interior was looking a bit tired. My main motivation for getting it done was that the rear quarter panels on both sides had as somepoint had the vinyl cut along the edges and the remaining vinyl had gone very brittle and cracked. This meant that the inner door seals could no longer grip onto them so they kinda hung down. It really bugged me, especially as the rest of the car looked and sounded so great.

Anyways, after getting a few quotes and talking through the job with some local trimmers I decided to go for it. Now the one problem was that none of my local (and very well respected I hasten to add) trimmers said they could do the rear panels without putting stitching around all the curves. They said that as the vinyl was moulded to fit the panel it was possible at manufacture, but doing it all in leather would have to mean stitching.

I really didn't want that. Anyways, after having a chat with Mart one day he told me they had tracked down a rather interesting guy with a lot of Delorean history in Norwich.

So I gave him a call. Nick Fulcher his name was. Well after the first 5mins of conversation it turned out that "he's the man for the job". He was the guy that trimmed the prototype Delorean that went to the Detroit Motor Show. He also designed the seats and a lot of the interior. He was also the guy that trimmed the original Delorean that they then took the moulds off of the create the Vinyl pieces. He also trained up the Irish workforce (which them became CP trim)

I'll leave the rest for an article in the club mag. But here are the before and after pics. I didn't get everything done, just full leather seats, leather quarter panels, gear box tunnel, custom gear stick boot and new carpet in the front luggage boot (no pics of that yet) oh plus new seals from Ed Udling and re-done headliners.

[Image: DSC00624.jpg]
Driving into the workshop for the first time

[Image: IMG_0193.jpg]
Before interior

[Image: IMG_0196.jpg]
Before Headliners

[Image: IMG_0311.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0313.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0316.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0321.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0338.jpg]
Date stamp on head rest

[Image: IMG_0358.jpg]
Seats ready to go in

[Image: IMG_0368.jpg]
Door headliner scribbles on driver side

[Image: IMG_0369.jpg]
Door headliner scribbles on passenger side

[Image: IMG_0381.jpg]
New headliners

[Image: IMG_0413.jpg]
New seats installed

[Image: IMG_0427.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0417.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0418.jpg]
New black and grey gear stick boot

I think it looks amazing, even better in the flesh. The roushing on the gearbox tunnel isn't as extreme as it looks in the photos. I think the flash of the camera picks it out more. Also the colour match from the new leather to the old vinyl isn't too bad either. We did use the original "Bridge of Wier" leather as used by the factory in 1981 and with the original colour code. Nick had a vinyl paint mixed up to colour match the centre elbow rest to the new leather and he said that if I came up in the summer he could re-do the dash and binnacle to get it all back to brand new. I might take him up on that in 6 month.

Nick also showed me a few bits of interesting paper work which I took pics of.

Here are two of them. The first are some inter office memos regarding the design of the seat. It talks about DMC 7 being on testing in Scotland and the fact that the original seat does not provide enough lateral support and so needs a redesign. The next page then shows DMC 7's original seat and the redesign. Look familiar? Smile

[Image: DSC00601trim.jpg]

[Image: DSC00602.jpg]

Print this item