Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,017
» Latest member: EleanoreFa
» Forum threads: 6,371
» Forum posts: 57,135

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: PEDelorean
9 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 20
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 139
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 24
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 252,779
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,498
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 404
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 36
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 42
Car Show, Swansea. 2nd Ju...
Forum: Wales
15 Mar 2024, 17:59
» Views: 49

Helicoil - knackered thread on engine block.
Posted by: Barson - 12 Feb 2007, 14:08 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (7)

What's the difference between an M8 1MM and M8 1.25MM helicoil thread?

Don't say size :oops: :lol: !

Is it the width of the coil piece, i.e. the difference between the external diameter and internal diameter?

for what reason would there be two different size, is it just dependant on application?

cheers me dears
:wink:
Dave.

Print this item

Buying info.... find out who Top Gear Stig is....
Posted by: Outatime - 12 Feb 2007, 09:48 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (7)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0080020192

:wink:

Print this item

A couple of videos
Posted by: Emagine - 11 Feb 2007, 21:07 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (10)

Just a couple of videos that might be of interest.

Well today I thought I'd have a quick play with my new toy. Got it just before christmas but I haven't really had the time to mess about with it.
Anyway..... its quite interesting to see just how much the suspension moves about, even on the smoothest of roads. Oh and the mic was in the engine bay, tapped to the rear windscreen. I think I need to find a better place for it so there is less engine and more exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mM8pQ7jyk0

The second is a music video that featured my car. It was shot about 4 months ago now. Maddie only makes a brief cameo.... but its a pretty moody video. I quite like it..... not overly sure on the tune though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7qkPrZHZuI

Print this item

Buried Wooler Hodec cars
Posted by: Martyn - 11 Feb 2007, 19:35 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (3)

Has anyone heard the myth of the buried Wooler Hodec cars in Westfield,East Sussex.
A chap that I used to work with in Hastings told me this rummer.
He said that a chap brought a big piece of land to have a private runway for his own use,but couldn't get planning permission to do this,so the chap with the land and his mate brought these Deloreans and buried them in containers deep under ground.
I was just having a look under Deloreans in the press section of are web site and saw an article titled "Wooler Hodec mystery solved".
Is there any truth to these "Myths".
Maybe a question for the club Historian.

Print this item

Washer Pump
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 11 Feb 2007, 12:22 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (3)

Hi All,

both Sorbet and Flopsy need new washer pumps, but I cant remember what they X-Ref to in Halfords, etc.

Can anyone advise?

Might buy a few of them, Flopsy's fails every year!

Cheers,

Print this item

don't you just hate that!
Posted by: steve.s - 11 Feb 2007, 02:36 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

braved the cold in the garage, fitted my new door handle...and now the door does not latch atall!!!.

push shut, springs up again. do i need to adjust the cable (if you can) as maybe the cable is 'pulled' so the latch thinks the door needs to open?

luckily i left that old knackered gas strut on so the door droops down (to help me change the window regulator)

lubricated the mechanism, but no good. left to try another day.

i still can't quite sus out the interior door handle removal, the bolts look a sod to get to as well as the horizontal screws.

Print this item

N/S/F wing repair
Posted by: Martyn - 10 Feb 2007, 22:33 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (10)

Can anyone help.I'm repairing a n/s/f wing,I've managed to get it back into shape but I need a bastard file and a blending in pad.If anyone can recommend either one it would be greatly appreciated.

Print this item

Membership Price Increase from 1st March 2007
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 09 Feb 2007, 12:43 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (16)

Hi All

After reviewing the situation with regards to renewals / new membership fees and costs associated with producing the 4 DOC magazines each year, flyers, membership cards, car stickers and other expenses etc it is regretable to inform you that the annual membership fee will rise on the 1 March 2007 to £25 for UK based members. I am informed that the current membership fee of £20 was set in 1998 when the magazine etc was nothing like on the scale it is now, although the club has managed to keep the cost the same for all this time, to maintain this 'quality' an increase is necessary. Especially now we have increased costs in hosting this forum and soon to be revamped website. Please be aware that there is also a £1 fee to cover paypal charges should you wish to pay this way.

I will be sending out reminders to all who's membership has expired regarding this increase.

We thank you for your continuing support and if you have any questions please fire away Smile

Print this item

epic movie
Posted by: craigrid - 09 Feb 2007, 10:07 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (1)

just been to see epic movie...anyone else seen it?....spot george mcfly! :wink:

Print this item

Suggestion to the forum
Posted by: Outatime - 08 Feb 2007, 23:15 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (3)

The suggestion board is locked... so I am posting here:

Whenever a over sized photo is uploaded on the thread, the width of the thread always auto adjust so to accomodate the width of the photo.

But the bad thing is that the text also follows that width, so reading the thread will become a job of not only scrolling up and down, but also left and right.

Is it possible to modify the scripts so that the text stays the same as the width of the screen, or... can the script be modified so that over sized images will be resized automatically (for displaying on the thread) and opens in a new window for full size if people click on them?

Print this item