Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,019
» Latest member: ajohntxaxdz486
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
Yesterday, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 161
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 23
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,226
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,716
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 409
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 39
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 44

Right Hand Drive DeLorean recently sold
Posted by: Jonny Jones - 17 Feb 2007, 22:23 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (2)

Hi everybody. Talking to a girl I know on MSN tonight and she said her Mum, who owned a RHD DeLorean, recently sold it for around £20k. Just posting to see if anybody knows anything about it, the new owner or anything? I asked her where her Mum lived and she simply said 'somewhere up North' - so yeah, anybody know anything? Apparently her Mum sold it as the kids in her area were beating the car's panels - how harsh, sounds like its the kids that needed a hiding! :x

Also, apparently the person who bought it, their surname is something like Renoyld? - Maybe Reynold?

EDIT - Apparently the guy who bought it was looking for a 'crap' car to do up and sell on for a profit... who buys a 20k DeLorean and considers it a 'crap' car?! Shock

Print this item

Clutch Slave Cylinder for sale
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 16 Feb 2007, 22:37 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

Hi All,

if anyone needs a clutch slave cylinder, I have one new in box that I bought for Flopsy but ended up not needing.

It owes me £63, and I can either post it out at cost or it can be collected from me at home or a meet up. Reply on here or PM me if you are interested Smile

[Image: slave.jpg]

If no one wants it, I'll probably stick it on ebay... (although it will be sods law that as soon as I sell it I'll need one :roll: )

Cheers,

Print this item

Fuel Pipe
Posted by: Bandit - 14 Feb 2007, 15:47 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (4)

Can anyone give me some advise on the fuel pipe. Mine is in very poor condition at the back, in fact as soon as I messed with it pin holes appeared, so I,m gonna swap it.
It looks as though it runs along the chassis, but it goes out of sight because of the underbody, has anyone removed one, before I start rippin' the thing to bits.

Print this item

Drive Belts
Posted by: Paul McKay - 14 Feb 2007, 09:16 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (1)

Hi all,

My a/c drive belt is fraying so i better replace it, might as well replace the alternator one too. Can i pick these up from local suppliers? Does anyone know of a cross reference part number?

Thanks

Print this item

The only tool you will ever need in your D's glove box
Posted by: Outatime - 14 Feb 2007, 03:51 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbOZL8sIpT8

That's.... if only it fits in the glove box.... :lol:

Print this item

M6 toll road speed trap
Posted by: JohnC - 13 Feb 2007, 17:47 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

I came up the M6 toll road last night (Monday, >9pm), i was fortunate that I had slowed to go into the services, however the police had setup a speed trap on the services bridge. 0.5m north were 3 patrol cars with a queue of motorists on the hard shoulder.

john chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

Print this item

Bring back the daily digest
Posted by: JohnC - 13 Feb 2007, 17:39 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (1)

I may be in the minority but I got a great deal of benefit from the Yahoo daily digest e-mail.

Nearly all non-work related web addresses are unreachable from the office, i used to look forward to getting my daily dose of UK DMC updates.

Is there anyway to generate something similar?

john chapelhow
DOC 19 : 'Boeing' #0737

Print this item

DeLorean News issue 36
Posted by: Phil Peters - 13 Feb 2007, 14:03 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (19)

Hi everyone,

DeLorean News issue 36 is coming along nicely and we've already had some excellent efforts in designing a chav DeLorean picture. I'll keep the picture a surprise, but one effort so far comprises of:

1) Wheels from a Lamborghini Gallardo
2) Front spoiler from a Lotus Esprit
3) Headlights from my own BMW 3-Series Coupe
4) Foglights drawn on by hand
5) Private number plate created in Microsoft Paint
6) Bonnet scoop from a Subaru Impreza (also used for roof scoop)
7) Wing vents from a Lotus Elise
8 ) Rear spoiler from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII
9) Neon washer jets, door sill, and underlighting drawn on by hand
10) Brand stickers on front wing taken from relevant websites

:!: :!:

Anyone else got one to send in?!

Print this item

North star, porsche tiptronic
Posted by: deloreand - 12 Feb 2007, 23:15 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

I have for sale a new cadillac north star engine with a porsche tip tronic (993)
Incl a ready subframe. The customer for how I built this set up, like to stop with the project.
The engine and gearbox are bold on with a custom made plate, and the subframe is ready to.
For more info you can call
Ed Uding
www.deloreaneurope.com

[Image: dsc00411bj4.jpg]

Print this item

Stiff gear shift
Posted by: Rottbott - 12 Feb 2007, 21:07 - Forum: 4 - Transmission - Manual & Automatic - Replies (8)

I was driving along the other day, shifted to 4th and noticed the stick was unusually stiff to move into gear. Coming to a roundabout I went through third and second, by which time it was really really stiff and I had to force it into second. At that point I didn't dare shift any more in case it locked up entirely so I drove home in second (those long gear ratios have their uses) and turned it off.

Forced it into neutral and it turns out that it goes ok into 1/3/5, but is really stiff to get into 2/4 and doesn't feel like it has 'locked in' to the slot properly.

I'm hoping it's just a linkage thing, not the synchro or something in the box itself. If it's relevant I did have the pivot bolt in the linkage snap a while ago leaving me with only third, but replacing it sorted that and actually made it feel much nicer and more precise than it did before.

Help!

Print this item