Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 160
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 36
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 195
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 36
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 52
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,065
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,445
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 432
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 54

If you want a hoverboard visit here:-
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 26 Mar 2007, 06:33 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

I came across this through a recent DML message

http://www.goldenarmor.com/bttf.htm

Print this item

testing the thermo time switch
Posted by: johnomac - 25 Mar 2007, 17:08 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - No Replies

How do i test this? i saw on the dmc newsgroup a tech page on it saying i should jump the female connector (blue wire) to ground while starting and if the engine starts i need to replace, but bith wires going in are blue, so i dont understand which i should jump?

Print this item

cooling bottle
Posted by: johnomac - 25 Mar 2007, 17:05 - Forum: 7 - Heating / Air Conditioning - Replies (2)

Had the d started today and saw steam coming from under the louvre, found it coming fom a bottle on the left that looks like a blimp. I stupidly took the cap off using a towel an green stuff gushed EVERYWHERE, and the cap probably pinged into another street. Im thinking that rather than a coolant problem it was probably normal and the seal on the cap needed replaced, anyway does anyone know where i can get a new cap and what type of green stuff i should use?
Also is it possible to send my radiator somewhere for a refurb?

Print this item

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Posted by: NickT - 25 Mar 2007, 10:38 - Forum: Parts Suppliers - No Replies

This section is for posting parts suppliers/ reconditioners adresses/ web site links that are De Lorean friendly.

Please only include businesses that you have dealt with personally.

Any questions just ask,

Thanks in advance,

NickT.

Print this item

The end of the BTTF ride!!!
Posted by: mikesumner - 24 Mar 2007, 22:17 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (12)

Greetings all,

I'm currently sat in an internet cafe in Florida because I've just heard something that can't wait until I get back home.

Basically I was in the car earlier today and heard on the news that the Back To The Future ride at Universal Studios will "take its final trip through time on the 30th of March" (this coming Friday).

I know there were some stories about this last year but no confirmed date was mentioned as far as I know, and although I was one of the people that wrote to various figures in the hope of saving the ride, it seems that after 16 years it will finally close.

I am in no doubt that something technologically more advanced will replace it, but the atmopshere and spirit of the BTTF ride will never be revived with merely technology.

I'm sure I speak for all those of us that were fortunate enough over the years to have been on this ride that it will indeed be the end of an era once it's gone.

Even as recently as last year when I was in the theme park the ride was still generating considerable queues, but apparently popularity is worth next to nothing in a country that thinks anything older than a decade is ancient.

This is a sad loss to the DeLorean community and should be mourned as such.

Print this item

Battery Light
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 24 Mar 2007, 20:34 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (4)

Hiya,

could it just be the alternator belt wants tightening up a bit?

Be darned unlucky if you're alternator has gone on top of the other niggles you've had Sad

Print this item

freaky relay wiring
Posted by: johnomac - 24 Mar 2007, 17:57 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (10)

Found some freaky wiring on my new delorean, theres a 6 pin relay unplugged and the socket for it has a wire bridging 2 of the terminals, should i put the relay back in? There is also a plug unplugged and in its socket (in the relay compartment middle relay socket nearest the engine), another wire bridging the gaps. i also found a switch in the tray on the binnacle and i have no idea what it does or where it goes, thanks in advance for help!

Print this item

DOC History - by Chris Parnham (YouTube video)
Posted by: Jonny Jones - 23 Mar 2007, 19:07 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (6)

I filmed this at the NEC back in 2006, never did anything with it but im doing my portfolio website at the moment and thought it was definately worth putting it up online!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQu2YKH9Ts8

Enjoy! - Sadly the sound is about 2 or 3 frames behind Chris's mouth, thats YouTube for you!

Print this item

1981 DeLorean Documentary (53 minutes)
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 23 Mar 2007, 15:22 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (14)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... q=delorean

This documentary was made before the plant opened, and after the plant began producing cars. Very interesting reality footage of the day to day operations of John Z. DeLorean. Filmed during the late 70's leading up to production initial production in 1981.

This documentary includes John DeLorean, Mike Kimberly, Dick Brown, Colin Chapman, Mike Loasby, Barrie Wills.

See the Telus carriers in operation
Crash tests
Original prototype as well as pre-production cars.
Market research with the public looking over the pre-production car
Listen to the Belfast radio advert for available job roles
A test car running the test track at Lotus
Board meetings (Volvo attempting to throw a spanner into the works with PRV tooling costs) plus the infamous strop by Loasby bounding out to get drawings
Production in house - including what appears to be one of the black chassis cars being hoisted in the air
Discussions over fascia colour comparisons (see the sample pieces)
Geneva show 1981 (interview with Jackie Stewart)
The 4-door saloon is mentioned and expected to be ready at the end of 1983
See the first production cars being loaded onto the ship bound for America
The factory test track in Sept 1981 looks so different to all the trees and shrubbery seen at the Eurofest events.

Enjoy!

Print this item

Questions after fitting SS Exhaust, please advise, thanks!
Posted by: Outatime - 23 Mar 2007, 02:39 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (12)

Dear All,

Finally got my Stainless-Exhaust fitted. Loving it to bits, especially when over 2300rpm!

11 Studs came out fine, one broke, but decided to leave it as is, as that particular flange is held with 3 studs which should be more than enough.

Pic 1 (below)
[Image: 001.jpg]
Pic 2 (below)
[Image: 002.jpg]
Pic 3 (below)
[Image: 003.jpg]
Pic 4 (below)
[Image: 004.jpg]
Pic 5 (below)
[Image: 005.jpg]
Pic 6 (below)
[Image: 006.jpg]
Pic 7 (below)
[Image: 007.jpg]
Pic 8 (below)
[Image: 008.jpg]

Questions:

1. On the alternator side (pic 5), the manifold is now very close to some wiring which used to be far away with the stock exhaust. Can anyone recommend any ways of protecting them from melting? I assume it will be wrapping it with some special type of tapes?

2. When removing the old pipe that goes behind the engine, the hub (pic 6) was removed to allow the pipe to exit. A few drips of grease escaped from the boot, and the six bolts were only screwed in by hand as tight as possible without actually torquing it to a specific torque. Will I need to regrease the boot, and does anyone know the torque spec of those six bolts?

3. When I test drive after the change, I went over a speed hump and I heard a metal cling sound... and found this on the floor (pic 7 and 8.). Can anyone tell me what is this part?? Where did it came out of?? Or is it just something on the floor originally and doesn't belong to the D?

4. Now with the manifold, there is no heat stove. What shall I do with the original pipe that goes from the stove to the intake pipe? Do I just remove it and block the hole on the intake pipe???

Many Thanks for answering my questions!!

Print this item