Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,019
» Latest member: ajohntxaxdz486
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
23 Apr 2024, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 87
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 165
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 26
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,585
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,879
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 414
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 43
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 47

log book
Posted by: tracey steele - 30 Apr 2007, 17:24 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (2)

HI ALL

Now that my car is rhd do i have to change it on the log book,

Print this item

yeah
Posted by: tracey steele - 30 Apr 2007, 15:44 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (9)

Well got me D insured today for £151 with norwich & union ,based on £28 grand and 3000 miles per year not bad ah, just got to get it through its MOT tommorrow,fingers crossed, then tax it and on the road he goes, roll on summer and tec week end, :lol: :lol:

Print this item

New DeLorean?
Posted by: DMZ - 30 Apr 2007, 12:40 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (15)

Has anyone seen this?

[Image: 005462.jpg]

Print this item

Cream Eggs !
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 29 Apr 2007, 21:29 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAkTpceAi6s

now that i knew was true Smile Smile

Print this item

Tracking / Front Antiroll Bar Bushings
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 29 Apr 2007, 19:30 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (10)

Seeing as I have a bit of time to post this tonight Smile , I thought i would share the following pics and info of a 'Tracking Day' and front suspension bushings replacement that me and NickT we had a couple of weeks back. The bushings etc that were replaced are items 19, 20, 22, 23, 24 on the following pic ( including the mountings )

[Image: 510.gif]

Utilizing the following polyurethane bushings and brackets kit

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... y_Code=510

see bottom of list ... K1006DP

We did NickT's car first and the difference in handling was amazing ! The origional lower control arm bushings basically 'fell' out of the lower control arm and on inspection were badly 'cracked' ( 13k car ) ... Mine with 43k were much worse !

The new bushings are a snug fit (diameter wise) whilst the originals are 1/2" smaller and seem to 'rattle' around in the hole.

If your car has not had any new ones ...even new old stock, it would be a good idea to remove the roll bar and inspect these.... its doesnt take too long at all.

I would even go to say this is the biggest improvement ever on my car. It now sticks to the road like 'glue ' The rear alignment on both cars was a real ' eye opener '

[Image: DSC01309640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01302640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01305640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01303640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01307640x480.jpg]

[/img]

Print this item

Dash Binnicle Repair
Posted by: Bandit - 29 Apr 2007, 15:15 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Y ... IM0036.jpg

Just thought I would share this one with you all. My dash was a bit of a mess as you can see. I ended up hanging around for someone who was going to fix it & it did'nt happen, so I thought I would have a go myself.
I cut the bad bits off with a sharp craft knife, then filled it.
Flatted it back, then to get the 'flock' effect, sprayed it with 'Stone Chip'.
To get the final finish & colour I used Acrylic Bumper' spray by 'Loctite' & its pretty bang on for the Grey interiors.
Not sure quite how long it will last but the whole job cost just over seven quid, so its gotta be worth a go.
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Y ... IM0039.jpg
Here's the finished job!
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g15/Y ... IM0037.jpg
And in the dash

Print this item

Rear Fascia Adjustment
Posted by: Paul McKay - 29 Apr 2007, 14:38 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - No Replies

My rear fascia does not sit flush with the rear quarter panel and needs to be moved in closer. It also needs to be raised slightly too.

Any tips on how to do this please?

Print this item

Busiest production month at DMC
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 29 Apr 2007, 12:35 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (4)

Seeing vin 5200 (owned by newcomer Greetz in The Netherlands) made me think time wise how far apart our two cars were built. The factory spec of the two is identical (same bonnet, transmission, Craig radio and digital clock next to the rheostat and coloured interior etc).

[Image: DMCOctober81buildrate.jpg]

October 1981 had 22 working days (if based on a five day week). As per Knut’s chart above found on page 4 of http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/news23.pdf

The above chart shows that 1825 cars were built in that month. This means an average of 83 cars were completed during each working day of this month.

If we base 7.5 working hours per shift (additional time over the shift was spent on lunch/breaks) then just over 11 cars per hour were produced and therefore one car completed every 5-6 minutes. This means that Greetz’s car (vin 5200) was built around 5 hours ahead of mine (vin 5255) which in turn was built around 30-36 minutes before vin 5261 the most famous movie DeLorean of all… the Back To The Future ‘Twin Pines’ mall sequence car.

[Image: backtoit.jpg]

Perhaps Neal Barclay (only former DMC employee actively on the forum?) can confirm that it was a 5 day working week in the factory at this time? Are the hours worked above close to how it really was?

No matter how you look at it, 1825 cars in one month was excellent progress and had this been maintained DMC would have been producing over 20k cars per year...

http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/img/news/n_vinlst.pdf
Knut has been taking updates from owners for the next vin list. See what is currently written about your vin...

Imagine being able to wander the factory watching your own DMC-12 being built...

Print this item

Fuel pump noise
Posted by: Sirolf - 29 Apr 2007, 01:06 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (3)

After reading through other topics, i didn't find something similar.

When cold my fuelpump sounds normal, but after driving a while when the car
is good and warm the pump makes additional noise. More like i doesn't
get enough fuel delivered, but acceleration is always perfect. No matter if
the tank is full or running empty.
So i'm not thinking it's a collapsing pickup hose.

During my clean-up i drained the tank, cleaned it and the baffle.
It had a new tankfilter, fuelpump and boot. Only the pickup hose is still
original, looked like it was in good shape and not soft.

Any ideas?

Greetz Sirolf

Print this item

Bumper Lettering
Posted by: dmcscott2002 - 28 Apr 2007, 16:59 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (6)

Hey people!

Wheres the best plce to buy SS 'DeLorean' lettering for the back bumper?

Cheers!

Print this item