Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 161
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 37
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 202
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 37
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,389
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,543
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 55

Gumball Cancelled
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 04 May 2007, 01:41 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (3)

Looks like a couple of guys have been a wee bit naughty......

Two British men have been arrested after a fatal hit and run accident during the Gumball Rally. An elderly driver was killed and his wife critically injured after their vehicle was hit by a car taking part in the event.
The Britons have been named as Nicholas Morley, 30, and 32-year-old Matthew McConvile. They were driving a Porsche 911 (997 turbo) They are being held in the town of Struga, about 125 miles southwest of the Macedonian capital Skopje. Police say they were detained at border crossing with Albania.
A spokesman said: "Two British citizens left the scene of accident. "Shortly afterward, border authorities found them in another (car) ... at the Qafasan border crossing. "They were arrested on charges of endangering traffic and abandoning an accident victim." The police spokesman said the offences carry a maximum one-year prison sentence.

http://www.gumball3000.com/features/new ... tinue-2007

[Image: PICT0126.jpg]

Print this item

Cable sizes
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 03 May 2007, 21:51 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (5)

Hi all. can anyone tell me the sizes of cable i will need to extend the wires from my fuse box please.

Print this item

Danny Devito DMC documentary promo
Posted by: ChrisS - 03 May 2007, 16:07 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (1)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McfrSrpjBjA

Not seen this one before, its a promo for the 1981 film by D A Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus. Enjoy Smile

Print this item

Fuel pressure testing
Posted by: Sirolf - 02 May 2007, 21:52 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (5)

Hi guys

On another D i'm working has the problem to accelerate very badly.
Feels like a incorrect fuel pressure, no vacuumleak cause the idle is a steady 800.

I hooked a gauge in the fuel line going to the CPR. What pressure exist here?
I'm reading nothing... Frowner
Think the Fuel Distributor is shot..

Thanks...
Greets Floris

Print this item

Removing Engine/Gearbox (and installing) Tips/advise/help!!!
Posted by: Chris Williams - 02 May 2007, 08:54 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (3)

Hi, Now I have obtained a better higher power engine I plan on installing it (duh) And was looking for an idiots guide to removing the engine gearbox unit/reinstalling it. As in best sequence/possible pit falls/ etc etc. Ie; how does the clutch slave come out? Is there a procedure for this written anywhere that I can refer to? (the whole removal procedure) Any one fancy helping out for a few beers/curry. What parts should I have in, Clearly have got all the gaskets that I think I need, new exaust manifold studs are in the new engine, Anything else that springs to mind???
Anyway sorry for the long question but I dont want to get it out and then be stuck awaiting parts :oops:
Cheers
Chris

Print this item

Indicators
Posted by: Thunderchild - 01 May 2007, 17:43 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (2)

Last time i took the my car out for a spin i was shocked by how inconsiderately those around me seemed to be driving, only to find when i got home that my indicators had packed up!

The indicators themselves do nothing whereas the hazzard lights will flash once then stop.

Does anyone have any expirience of this or any ideas where i should start looking?

Print this item

Rad fan switch
Posted by: tracey steele - 01 May 2007, 15:48 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (41)

can any one tell me where the switch is for controling the radiator fan as my fan didi`t come on and my D overheated at the MOT station so they could`t test my emissions, so yes they had to fail it very sad indead Cry

Print this item

Flux Capacitor
Posted by: NEM351S - 01 May 2007, 13:58 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (30)

Hello chaps.

My car is entered into the 2007 Beaujolais run (charity event).

Coincidently, the theme for fancy dress is "Heros Throughout History" so we are going to be Doc and Marty.

I know a few of you run "flux capacitors" which are not permenantly attached to the car.

Where do you get these from?

Print this item

RHD car on Pistonheads
Posted by: ChrisS - 01 May 2007, 11:10 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (20)

I wondered what happened to PSO 69W, according to the DVLA its not been taxed since Dave H sold it Shock

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/158812.htm

The vehicle details for PSO 69W are:

Date of Liability : 01 05 2002
Date of First Registration : 15 04 1991
Year of Manufacture : 1981
Cylinder Capacity (cc) : 2800CC
CO2 Emissions : Not Available
Fuel Type : Petrol
Export Marker : Not Applicable
Vehicle Status : Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour : SILVER

Print this item

Letter from Universal
Posted by: mikesumner - 30 Apr 2007, 21:52 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (13)

Evening all,

when it was first announced that Universal Studios were going to shut the "Back To The Future" ride I wrote a letter to their main office in Hollywood to express my feelings about such a move.

Obviously I didn't expect this to do any good but I wanted to get it all off my chest.

You can imagine then how amazed I was to come home today and find a letter from the USA stamped with the Universal logo.

Inside it explained how the decision to close the ride hadn't been taken lightly and how it was necessary in order to make improvements to the attractions etc, etc, etc, etc.

The main thing is that the letter was hand signed by some executive in Orlando so I'm left thinking that either I was one of very few to bother actually writing to them to express my displeasure, or they've gone to the considerable trouble of writing back to everyone that complained.

Phil, if you want a scan of the letter for inclusion in the club mag or anything like that just let me know and I'll Email it to you.

Print this item