Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking / Front Antiroll Bar Bushings
Seeing as I have a bit of time to post this tonight Smile , I thought i would share the following pics and info of a 'Tracking Day' and front suspension bushings replacement that me and NickT we had a couple of weeks back. The bushings etc that were replaced are items 19, 20, 22, 23, 24 on the following pic ( including the mountings )

[Image: 510.gif]

Utilizing the following polyurethane bushings and brackets kit

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... y_Code=510

see bottom of list ... K1006DP

We did NickT's car first and the difference in handling was amazing ! The origional lower control arm bushings basically 'fell' out of the lower control arm and on inspection were badly 'cracked' ( 13k car ) ... Mine with 43k were much worse !

The new bushings are a snug fit (diameter wise) whilst the originals are 1/2" smaller and seem to 'rattle' around in the hole.

If your car has not had any new ones ...even new old stock, it would be a good idea to remove the roll bar and inspect these.... its doesnt take too long at all.

I would even go to say this is the biggest improvement ever on my car. It now sticks to the road like 'glue ' The rear alignment on both cars was a real ' eye opener '

[Image: DSC01309640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01302640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01305640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01303640x480.jpg]

[Image: DSC01307640x480.jpg]

[/img]
Still can't believe your rear end is now perfectly tracked with 4 shims on one side and none on the other

It was a fun day.

NickT.
Indeed!

That is one hell of a good bit of kit you have there Smile

Its good to be able to spend the time and get the car 'bang on' rather than having to rely on some monkey at a tyre place to 'set it' up in double quick time...Plus the bonus of being able to re shim the rear as necessary.
Looks like you had a really good weekend!

This is what I like so much about these great cars. They last and last (will see me out for sure) and even though I know the handling on mine could be better as I am still on the original shocks, bushings and seals etc it will feel like a new car when I finally get enough time and £££ available. The only improvements currently suspension wise are a set of Chrispy's euro springs (fitted around 4 years ago) at the front and Peter Kutchen's aluminium strut brace to tighten the handling. When funds allow I would like to upgrade all 4x springs and shocks to the set that Ed sells as all 4 shocks allow adjustability where as Eibach only allows adjustability at one end of the car?

It is great to see that these little bushings and seals do have quite an impact on the feel of the car. Ed Uding sells quite a lot of the items that DPNW sells.

Are the new polyurethane bushings that you bought also blue like Ed Uding's?

The blurb for the kit you fitted http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... y_Code=510 says:-

"Benefits from using this kit include more effective action from front sway bar, better performance under hard braking and less deflection of the front suspension during cornering and braking. Also helps to maintain correct front wheel toe-in and caster."

At least this job isn't as heavy on the wallet as others that I have looming:-

A new performance clutch to replace my slipping clutch is next plus overhaul of the gearbox (leaky seals) and new rubbers on the linkages to quiten and soften the gear change...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Hi Chris

No these bushings are in black. The new 'strap' brackets (23, 24) on the front frame come in that electroplated 'gold' colour, we decided to spray these black prior to the weekend to match in with the front end recall kit and antiroll bar etc.

I will take a pic when i get a mo later but it doesnt really look much difference to stock Smile

Nice price too especially with the US dollar being so weak at them mo.

We are both running on 'new' old stock front shocks and ChrisP springs . All the other control arm bushings are in good order.

But as you can see the origional bushings were 'shot' on both cars and really not doing any good whatsoever !

New performance clutch sounds interesting any idea what you are going for ??
As you say Ed U has similar bushings in a blue colour, with his you use the origional front 'strap' brackets

Power Bushing Stablizer
Bushing Stablizer front set made out of top quality polyurethane.

A set of 4

Price: € 35,- Reacties Article Number: PU001

Power front stablizer bushing
Front stablizer bushing made out of top quality polyurethane. This will allow for improved steering. Exclusively made for us.

Price: € 24,-

[Image: P_polyuretan_%20bussen_voor.jpg]

[Image: P_polystabilisatiearm.jpg]

Whos ever you use or even new old stock , its a good idea to at least check the ones you have in.
Why check the ones I already have? They are 26 years old and not 21st century construction?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
copy from email :-

http://delorean.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?t=404
When I mentioned why check the 26 year old ones I meant that they would need changing regardless due to their age and inferior material quality.

Mike, that link was phenominal although my French isn't good enough to tranlate that lot. Anyone know of a good website for translation? :?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Try

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

if you stick the above forum address in the 'Translate a Web page' box ...then pick the 'French to English translation'.... hey presto!!!
LOL, it reads like some of the other translators I have tried. At first it seems just about okay and then goes completely gibberish :lol:
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138