Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flux Capacitor
Hello chaps.

My car is entered into the 2007 Beaujolais run (charity event).

Coincidently, the theme for fancy dress is "Heros Throughout History" so we are going to be Doc and Marty.

I know a few of you run "flux capacitors" which are not permenantly attached to the car.

Where do you get these from?
Its been emotional...
They are on ebay from time to time, look on the American ebay, they appear there more often. But they go for GBP 300 or above, which is something I can't afford :?

Or you could make your own, in which the hardest part would be finding the fibre glass enclosure they used in BTTF films.

I am actually considering making one, and I know where I could get hold of those enclosure in UK.

If anyone is in process of/ planning to making one, shall we do a group buy? As I was told that delivery will be free within UK if order 5 or more in one go.

Put your name on this thread for those who are up for a grey fibreglass enclosure :wink:

P.S. they are about 60-70 quid each.
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
There's a licensed replica of the FC due out soon, actually. The prototype looked quite nice.
Matt Clark Wrote:There's a licensed replica of the FC due out soon, actually. The prototype looked quite nice.

Got any more information on this, or a link? I'm after a FC as well for when I get my car but £300 for the current replicas is a bit pricey. I'd be quite happy making one though if I could get hold of the components.
Simon Brewer,
DOC Member #517
VIN #4748
After making mine , i can see where the cash goes in them , if im honest now if you can get one for £300 its probably worth it especially after John says the proper box is £70.. They are very time consuming to make .

So where did you hear about this officially licenced FC? sounds cool!
I'm a propmaker by "trade" at the min so I follow this stuff closely where I can Smile

Due Sept. 7th

http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/sho ... photo=1069

Looks quite good but then show prototypes always do...
Matt Clark Wrote:I'm a propmaker by "trade" at the min so I follow this stuff closely where I can Smile

Due Sept. 7th

http://photos2.figures.com/gallery2/sho ... photo=1069

Looks quite good but then show prototypes always do...

Hey Matt, the pic link doesn't seems to work?

I guess this link is the same stuff as what you are linking to?
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/t...418026.cfm

Quote:BY: Diamond Select Toys
RELEASE DATE: September
Look for boxed sets based on the second and third BTTF movies this fall, with the first boxed set featuring Marty, Doc, George and Lorraine. Retailer exclusives include Enchantment Under the Sea Marty and Lorraine, and purple-shirt Marty and Biff. Pending Licensor Approval.

Quote:1.21 Jigowatts? Great Scott!

Diamond Select Toys is pleased to announce its signing of the license for Universal’s blockbuster Back to the Future franchise! Under the terms of the license DST will produce a range of collectibles and prop replicas, beginning with a cavalcade of Minimates!

Minimates from this classic property will come to fans in box set form designed to let fans recreate key moments from the epic trilogy. The first set, designed around the 1955 and 1985 eras featured in Back to the Future Part II, includes Minimate versions of Marty McFly, Doc Brown, Lorraine Baines and the romantically-inept George McFly!

Designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, future Back to the Future box sets will follow – each centered around a different time period from the classic trilogy. Full details as well as product images will be released during next week’s American International Toy Fair.

[Image: diamond125.jpg]

But looking at the "prototype" of the flux capacitor... I am rather sure it's one made by a guy called Bruce in USA? Just look at the plastic tubes that reconstructs the vacuum relay that were actually used in the film, and you will know it's Bruce who made it.

I hope I could finally afford a decent flux capacitor prop! Can't wait! :wink:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

hi

i will be importing them next few weeks for the new shop on my site
I'd rather spend £300 on NOS.

NickT.
I'd rather you spent £300 on BOZ.

Smile
....more like £3 on a pint of beer and crisps, if you're lucky !

NickT-ight-northerner.
DMCDJ Wrote:hi

i will be importing them next few weeks for the new shop on my site

You mean the figures or the flux capacitor??
How much are the figures going for? If the price is right, I might as well order from you :wink:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

bozzzydmc Wrote:I'd rather you spent £300 on BOZ.

Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boz

What's BOZ Mike? :?
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

NickT Wrote:I'd rather spend £300 on NOS.

NickT.

NOS burns money too quickly! A push of the switch, and 50 quid is gone in 10 seconds :evil:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Outatime Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:I'd rather you spent £300 on BOZ.

Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boz

What's BOZ Mike? :?

sorry i fear something was lost in 'translation'

'BOZ zy' Smile Smile