Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 139
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 31
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 185
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 33
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 254,910
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,286
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 430
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 50

found a importing a delorean help site
Posted by: MikeH - 24 Jul 2007, 17:00 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (6)

It may well be old news but ive just stumbled across this from the ireland d owners club forum...

http://www.mydmc.co.uk/importing/index.html

Print this item

Free Prepurchase Advice, etc
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 24 Jul 2007, 13:41 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (12)

All,

Just a quick reminder that PJ Grady (Europe) offer free prepurchase assessments and advice - and we'll happily help advise on shipping, fair purchase prices, etc.
We do this as a service to the DeLorean community - and there's no obligation to buy anything from us - or pay us a dime.

The reason I'm posting this is because I've just been speaking to another victim of a misadvertised import - which will take megabucks to get right!
The previous owner neglected to mention a few key facts about the car - and the new owner rushed in without looking thinking it was a steal.

A quick email to us would have revealed the cars history - as it was previously serviced/condemned at PJ Grady in New York!

Best regards

Darren

Print this item

Opinions wanted...
Posted by: alexadams1 - 24 Jul 2007, 12:10 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (2)

I found this D' for sale here:

http://www.deloreanservice.be/delorean_c...homepage=1

Is it a bit expensive?

Quote:13-7-2006
DeLorean ’82 For Sale, Excellent condition!!!!!

DeLorean ’81 For Sale, Excellent condition,
Available for sale as of now, great opportunity!!!!!!

DeLorean VIN#05141, Oct.’81, Model "82, Grey Interior, 5 Speed manual, 48.000
Miles, Hood with grooves no flap,
roadtax free since june 2006, partial history available (from 3rd
Dutch Owner),Imported from Miami, Florida, USA, MOT (APK) passed untill july 2007, Full Options ( Lock Zilla, Fan Zilla, certified alarm system ).

Price: Upon Request
For Information feel free to contact one of our Representative’s at our Service Center

Print this item

he's got the right hump
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 23 Jul 2007, 19:54 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (10)

he really has got the ump
TT

Print this item

Windscreen washer
Posted by: dmcscott2002 - 23 Jul 2007, 18:16 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (1)

Hey all

Not sure if i mentioned before but my windscreen washer never worked. Got it working after a fight with the screws on the cover (ended up working the entire sockets out cause they refused to screw out - was expected). Got the thing up and runniong after cleaning out the mud layer that had built up :roll: , drilled a few more drainage holes and hey presto all WAS good. Come into the garage this morning to find a puddle underneith. Can only guess its the seal around the pump and the bottle. I wouldnt mind, but it takes so long just to get that bloody cover off! :evil: . At least its in working order now, no rush with the seal i guess... Anyone attempting this, bare in mind the screws are stupidly awkward to get out, so maybe buy a punch bag to take the frustration out as you go along Smile

Print this item

Stainless Steel Coolant Bottles
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 23 Jul 2007, 13:16 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (16)

All,

A customer asked me about getting a new coolant bottle - and we got into a discussion about plastic versus stainless steel.
He was under the impression that stainless coolant tanks are 'bad news'. This isn't strictly true….and here's why…

The logic behind the idea that stainless is bad is that the flow of coolant circulating through the system creates an effective 'battery'. As the coolant flows across various different types of metal (the aluminium alloy in the block, the stainless bottle, etc), it begins to pick up electrons and starts to develop an increased positive charge. It's argued that this increase in charge can eventually start to cause corrosion from within.

This is technically true - and can be proven by taking a multimeter and testing the volts in the coolant - a voltage reading of a few tenths of a volt is normal - but anything much over a volt is a good signal that it's time to change your coolant!

In truth, the stainless coolant bottle doesn't dramatically increase the voltage over time - and if you follow the factory recommended 2 year coolant draindown interval - this will never materialise as a problem.

Incidentally - we don't sell stainless coolant bottles - not because of voltage - but because they're too time consuming to make and pressure test!

Happy driving.

Darren
(Chief Scientist)

Print this item

Warning - Idiot doing the rounds of car forums
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 22 Jul 2007, 20:55 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

Hi All,

I've just been reading the VODC (Vauxhall) forum that I'm a member of as I've not been on there for a day or two, and we have a new 'member'.

His 'name' is "Greenboy" and he is basically replying to and creating posts that are inflamatory and insulting and he seems to feel that he is on some sort of quest to ban car driving and make us all use pushbikes (even though he owns and drives a Smart Car - is that an oxymoron?) If he's trying to get the 'green message' across, he's got a funny way of doing it!

If he tries to sign up on here (Bozzy/NickT), then please ban him immediately - unless we all fancy some sport of course! lol Club member "skippyroo" has had me in fits of laughter with some of his responses to him.

Here is just one of the threads with him in, but if you read the VODC forum, he's responded to just about every thread on there.

http://www.vodc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=176

Enjoy! (or maybe not!)

Print this item

DIY Black/White wide side stripes
Posted by: Outatime - 22 Jul 2007, 05:03 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

Just spent 2 hours sweating in the hot weather.... But I rather like the outcome!

I have chosen to have black stripe, but instead of the usual "bare SS" look, I went for white. Gives the same feeling as white lettering on tyres... rather American?

All for under 20 quid 8)

Before:

[Image: stripe1.jpg]

After:

[Image: stripe2.jpg]

Print this item

Cat removal
Posted by: willinot - 22 Jul 2007, 01:07 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (1)

I am wanting to fit the by pass pipe and before getting started I was looking for any possible advice or tips.

I had a quick look today and cat figure out how to get to the bolts to loosen the CAT.

Is there a knack to it or another case of grow an extra few fingers and grin and bear it.

Cheers.

Print this item

wallpapers
Posted by: tracey steele - 20 Jul 2007, 21:52 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

just click on wallpapers at the bottom of the page

http://www.dmccalifornia.com/

Print this item