Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,016
» Latest member: PEDelorean
» Forum threads: 6,371
» Forum posts: 57,133

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: PEDelorean
17 Apr 2024, 18:36
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 134
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 12
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 20
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 252,702
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,465
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 398
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 34
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 38
Car Show, Swansea. 2nd Ju...
Forum: Wales
15 Mar 2024, 17:59
» Views: 45

Quick Response Needed!!
Posted by: TheOriginalMrP - 26 Jul 2007, 18:48 - Forum: 4 - Transmission - Manual & Automatic - Replies (2)

Hi all. I wonder if someone could tell me in brief the rough location on the gearbox oil filler. I have learned it should be filled to the maximum, just wondering roughly where it is. A picture would be great, but not essential as long as its not in a foreign language! Its being topped up in the morning before a trek tomorrow evening, and it would ease the searching a little, though i'm sure its easy when the car is in the air... Thanks in advance.... Smile

Mr.P

Print this item

Factory Photos
Posted by: dmcscott2002 - 26 Jul 2007, 15:56 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (11)

Hi everyone

If anyone has any in factory photos uploaded could they post them on here? Ive just been looking on the net and there isnt that many really, which suprised me. I remember looking a few years back and finding quite a few.
Could maybe create a sort of forum photo achive?

Cheers

Print this item

Emergency Headlight Fix
Posted by: Outatime - 25 Jul 2007, 19:10 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - No Replies

Dear all,

The headlight switch fail on me again refusing to latch properly onto the 2 stages of push.

Now I am waiting for the reproduction headlight switch, which should take another few weeks at least.

My idea now is to get 2 toggle switch and wire them to the harness so I get the switching of the running lights/ main beam.

Here's the pinout of the switch. I highly recommend all of you to prepare 2 short lengths of wire with spade connectors at each ends and leave it in your glove box. If the headlight switch fails, you would at least have lights for your way home.

[Image: emergency_contacts.jpg]

For running lights, connects 3 and 4
For main beam, connects 3 and 5

1 and 2 are just the +ve and -ve for the back light of the switch, not required to connect if you are doing a temporary fix.

Let's hope the reproduction switch arrives soon....

Print this item

ooo KITT car
Posted by: MikeH - 25 Jul 2007, 17:24 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/83-PONTIAC-FIREBI ... dZViewItem

soo tempting, lol

or maybe not. I want me d first

Print this item

Search Engine
Posted by: alexadams1 - 25 Jul 2007, 16:09 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

I have been using this search engine for a while now, it has a much larger database than google.

For all your delorean wants and needs visit:

http://dmoz.org/

Print this item

Owners Delorean Restoration Site
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 25 Jul 2007, 12:55 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (2)

http://www.noroads.com/delorean/3281/?content=20070721

Thought this guys website was good from a personal restoration point of view and this is with a car that doesnt look too bad in the first place Smile

Print this item

PJ Grady - Future/Prospective Owners Tech Session
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 25 Jul 2007, 11:42 - Forum: Vendor Open Days & Information - Replies (53)

PJ Grady (Europe) would like to invite future/prospective DeLorean owners to a dedicated 'tech session' to be held later in 2007.

The event will be free to attend and will look to cover the following:

> History of the car and the companies involved.
> Detailed walkthrough of the car - and how the main systems function.
> Common problems to look out for / Common failure parts.
> The various ways of buying your first car.
> How to import and register a car from overseas.
> Ongoing care for your DeLorean.

The session will cover a day - and is designed to be interactive. It will be a great opportunity for everyone to ask questions of us and to meet with others who are also in the initial stages of buying their first DeLorean.

Depending upon subscription numbers, the session will either be held at our facility in Essex - or alternatively we will look to book a hotel in a central location that is suitable for everyone. Prospective dates for this are likely to be on a weekend in November - but this will be a regular annual event that we hold - so don't worry if you're unable to attend this time around!

If you would like to attend - please email us at sales@pjgrady.co.uk. Joining instructions will be made available once numbers are known.

For all existing owners - separate tech sessions will be arranged shortly…..

Thanks

Darren

Print this item

Coolant hoses not sealing
Posted by: Phil Peters - 24 Jul 2007, 23:04 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (8)

Hi guys,

Has anyone else experienced problems with coolant hoses underneath the car not sealing properly? I've got two hoses which are leaking on VIN# 4400 at the moment and it's really beginning to get on my nerves. They are the ones which run either side of the gearbox (sort of) and connect to the pipes which go up around the engine. Or for those of you who know the underside of a DMC-12 intimately: it's the two hoses which are at a funny angle near the back of the car when you look underneath :wink:

I replaced these 2 pieces of hose about 6 months ago with brand new correct hoses from 'a well known DMC vendor' and I also bought some stainless jubillee clips to finish the job. When I first fitted the hoses I took the car on a test drive, checked the system for leaks and found everything was fine. But whenever I leave the car for a few weeks or longer without driving it, these two hoses leak a small amount of coolant onto the garage floor. It seems to happen regardless of what the outside temperature is so I don't think the hoses are contracting with cold weather or anything like that.

At first I simply tightened the clips a little more but this didn't seem to make any difference and I'm worried that over tightening them is going to damage the actual water pipes themselves.

Tonight I tinkered about with the hoses a bit, jiggled them around to try and make them a better fit and then re-tightened the clips closer to the edge of the hoses to see if it makes any difference.

Anyone got any ideas about what to try if this doesn't work?

(By the way, the only reason I'm overly grumpy about the situation is that tonight was one of those very rare weekday nights when I actually get to go home to Wolverhampton. I'd wanted to take VIN# 4400 for a spin down my favourite stretch of road out towards Shropshire but alas I thought I should deal with this cr@ppy coolant hose problem before driving her anywhere. Cry)

Phil Peters
VIN# 4400 (in the dog house, big time)

Print this item

found a importing a delorean help site
Posted by: MikeH - 24 Jul 2007, 17:00 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (6)

It may well be old news but ive just stumbled across this from the ireland d owners club forum...

http://www.mydmc.co.uk/importing/index.html

Print this item

Free Prepurchase Advice, etc
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 24 Jul 2007, 13:41 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (12)

All,

Just a quick reminder that PJ Grady (Europe) offer free prepurchase assessments and advice - and we'll happily help advise on shipping, fair purchase prices, etc.
We do this as a service to the DeLorean community - and there's no obligation to buy anything from us - or pay us a dime.

The reason I'm posting this is because I've just been speaking to another victim of a misadvertised import - which will take megabucks to get right!
The previous owner neglected to mention a few key facts about the car - and the new owner rushed in without looking thinking it was a steal.

A quick email to us would have revealed the cars history - as it was previously serviced/condemned at PJ Grady in New York!

Best regards

Darren

Print this item