Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
Yesterday, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 120
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
Yesterday, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 27
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 173
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 27
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 42
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 254,054
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,024
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 419
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 47

New from Belgium
Posted by: Andy - 02 Nov 2006, 15:25 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (11)

Hallo everybody

I thought I would just introduce myself to the forum. I'm new here, but I have had a DeLorean for about 5 years now ...

Anyway, I'm Verbrugghe Andy and I'm from Belgium. I've been to Eurofest last may, so maybe some of you guys know who I am (I drove one of the 4 Belgian DeLoreans out there ...). I remember talking to some of you guys, but unfortunatly, I can't remember any names. Normally, I recognise people by the cars they drive, but in this case, it isn't that simple ... :wink:
I've been a DeLoreanfreak ever since I saw Back to the Future the first time in the eighties and wondered what car Marty was driving / flying. I've loved it ever since, but never thought the day would come that I would actually own one myself (since there not that many around, let alone one for sale here in Belgium). But since november 2001, I'm the proud owner of VIN#04610 (oct '81). It's one with a manual gearbox and a grey interior, the 2 things that had to be there when I was searching for my car. If it's up to me, I'm never going to sell it again ...
I think I was actually one of the first guys who buyed a DeLorean in Belgium for 'driving' it (instead of 'an investment'). But since then, DeLoreanitis has spread very fast over here. So fast in fact, that since the beginning of 2006 there is now an official DeLorean Club Belgium (with allready 22 members ! - not all of them drive a DeLorean). With that, there is also a new DeLorean Service Center, located in Bruges. We try to come together as much as possible at meetings and our Belgian record stands (at the moment) at 10 DeLoreans at one meeting. A milestone for a small country as Belgium ! We're aiming to break that number next summer ...

Anyway, I just thought I'de introduce myself to the group !

Regards from Belgium

Verbrugghe Andy
VIN#04610
www.deloreanservice.be

PS. Since I don't have any 'digital' pictures I'll put one here that was taken of me and my car last summer at a meeting in France. You can always recognise mine, since it's the only Belgian DeLorean with the banner on the front windscreen (http://www.retourverslefutur.net ).

[Image: dsc00284va3.jpg]

Print this item

Parts cross reference
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 01 Nov 2006, 17:21 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (10)

Hi all. Good to see you all at the NEC on Sunday. Nice to see old faces And put some faces to names.
Anyway just had a thought. Don't say it, "not a very big one then" or "careful strap yourselves down we could be in for a bumpy ride" I've heard em all before. Anyhow, just had an idea about the forum. We have the sections set out like in the manual, well could we have another one for cross referenced parts. I have photo copied one that was in the Febuary 2002 edition of the DoC news and i keep it in the van with me just in case i go past a scrappy and need a bit for my car. It don't half save some time when your looking for say an interior light. It means i dont have to go looking through all the cars. I just go to a Renalt Fuago because thats what it says on my list. I have just put a second hand horn on Elly this afternoon and that came off a ford fiesta. £2 it cost me and i know i could get one from Grady's or from martin for about 8 quid but i'd have to wait for that to come in the post. And i like going to the scrap yard anyway, list in hand. So is there any chance we could have somewhere on the forum which everyone can add to when they find a part. Or could we do something in the mag, say once a year. Be easier if it was on the forum though. Anyway like i said just an idea. What do you all think.
Ps. Tom. Thanks for you hospitality on Monday night. Was good to talk deloreans for a few hours. Many Rgds.

Print this item

Like new car braking
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 30 Oct 2006, 18:17 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (15)

The most recent DeLorean I have driven other than mine was Dan Shane's (now sold) and this showed how when set up correctly you can have a brake pedal that is as responsive as a modern car.

My car brakes very well but I have around an inch of travel before anything happens. After that the communication from the brakes to your foot is spot on from a responsiveness point of view.

This is my current setup:-
- I have Ed Uding's vented disc's and Kevlar pads on the front (the rears are stock)
- DMC Ltd re-manufactured front Callipers (silver finish opposed to the now defunct Cadmium finish still showing on the website) cured the brake judder that had gradually appeared over recent months.
- DMC Ltd Stainless brake hoses. Stainless versions are supposed to cure the swelling as per the OEM's although I have never experienced any swelling from the OEM's they were 25 years old and would affect my braking performance at some point so I felt it would be worth while to update whilst the system was re-bled from the previous weeks fitting of new callipers. So far I can feel no difference, but sometimes until you replace something you cannot tell if the old part was still spot on or not.

The Brake Master Cylinder and servo have not been changed in my near 5 years of ownership (could be original). I am guessing that the rod from the Brake Master cylinder to the brake pedal could do with adjustment. Otherwise apart from changing the two afore mentioned parts I am fresh out of ideas (and cash).
The system is completely air-free and the BMC is not leaking. I have good continuous travel to the carpet and when sat at rest the brake pedal is flush with the clutch pedal.
To recap, although braking is spot on I am looking for instantaneous braking when I first depress the pedal not after it has travelled an inch... I guess this can be described as spongy. As these cars have no ABS, that extra 1" delay time could cost me when it matters most...

Print this item

Battery Conditioner
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 28 Oct 2006, 17:03 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (4)

Hi folks

I bought a battery conditioner at the NEC on Friday and wired it all up last night. I noticed in the instructions that when you wire it to the car you connect the red+ lead to the battery and connect the black- lead to the chassie... How am I supposed to do that?? Why cant you connect the red to red and the black to black?

I wired it up anyway with both leads connected to the battery and it seems to be working ok BUT in connecting both leads to the battery have I done something wrong?

I think that with the battery IN the car you need to have the black- lead on the chassie to stop any electrical equipment being damaged, is this correct? In the instructions it says that with the battery OUT of the car you can connect both leads.

Print this item

How can I get handbrake cables in the UK quickly??
Posted by: Mark Slater - 26 Oct 2006, 16:44 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (5)

Does anyone know where I can get hold of both the left and right handbrake cables in the UK quickly? does anybody stock them? Any help much appreciated.

Print this item

Starter Solenoid Mod - Early vins (pre VIN 2548)
Posted by: Barson - 25 Oct 2006, 18:33 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (10)

Hello

Have any of you tried this mod that's been posted on DMC news:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/starterfix.html

If so, did you see any good results?

cheers
Dave. :lol:

Print this item

Door Lock Solenoids - Re-winding.
Posted by: Barson - 24 Oct 2006, 08:30 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (2)

Hello

I took the opportunity, whilst I had my door panels off, to remove my locking solenoids with a view to re-winding them.

Does anybody know of a UK supplier of 20 gauge magnet wire? :lol:

thanks in advance!
Dave.

Print this item

Parking Test
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 23 Oct 2006, 21:41 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (22)

http://www.107.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot.swf

...passes the time i suppose Smile

Print this item

delorean twin turbo development
Posted by: steve.s - 22 Oct 2006, 01:46 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (15)

hi all

just thought i'd post this as it was a while ago, and mike have a bit of interest for someone.

i was doing some research a few months ago, and spoke to an ex employee at lotus, who was manager of the powertrain section in 79-80 or so.

now he claimed that lotus in the UK were asked to develope a twin turbo engine for the D. he definately said John D demanded the twin and not single, and this ran along side the legend developement.

whether this is true or not i don't know and if an engine was built.

he certainly knew details of the lotus scrapyard where the test cars were destroyed, and i have spoken to them and no parts remain.

i asked if they had kept/buried any black bodies (which would have been very early perhaps rough finish) but everything was destroyed...sacrelidge

i also know of someone who worked at the company who developed the speedo pod, but unfortunately as with a lot of UK car industries this has gone bust and the drawings lost. i am trying to trace if anything remains.

just thought i'd share this.

Regards

Steve
doc 370
vin 1621

Print this item

re part number for inlet grill under windscreen?
Posted by: steve.s - 22 Oct 2006, 01:10 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

hi all

have spent days trying to get this off.

3 screws had rusted heads and have had to drill them out. they then tuck under the front wings slightly.

so lots of drilling, undid the top bolts on the front wings, pulling etc. and mine now has melted where the screws were and snapped in two places.

i have searched but can't seem to find a part number to see if available.

does anyone know the part number? and also the small spacers under the screws.

so now after weeks!!!, i have all surrounds off ready to remove the screen.

now just wondering whether to touch the A post inside trim.

thanx for any help

Steve

Print this item