Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
23 Apr 2024, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 114
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 170
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 27
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 41
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,793
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,953
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 417
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 45
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 48

Why do YOU like the DeLorean so much?
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 10 Apr 2007, 16:38 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

All,

I'm doing a bit of a study...and I'm keen to hear your thoughts.
I've met a lot of DeLorean owners and enthusiasts - and I'm trying to gauge exactly what it is that first attracted peoples interest to the car.

For many, it seems that the BTTF films were a BIG influence - and lots of owners have wanted a Delorean ever since they first saw the movies.

For others (myself included), it's about the history and the idea of building something from a dream - and managing to develop such a stylish car with a limitted budget and a short timescale.

Others discard all of this and just like the look of the car and 'the doors that go up'!

For most people - you could probably tick all options - but please pick the one that is most appropriate for you.

Thanks!

Darren

Print this item

Newbie to Forum, but defo no to De's
Posted by: richard - 10 Apr 2007, 16:33 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (6)

Hi all,

There are a few that know me, Martin, Dan, Claire, Chris Williams, Stuart Nicholls, Chris P etc.

We have been going to most of the shows over the past two years and now my car is done, after 2 years of restoring and waiting to drive the damn thing (now 20) I'm on the road.

I will upload some piccys but it looks standard. Re-fitted carpets throughout, painted front and rear bumpers and a quick regrain (nothing like chris Nicks version though), all silicone coolant and vac tubes. Basically lots and lots.

Hope to be going to most of the shows this year, my dad and claire sorted the BTTF event out at Basildon and will defo be going to Knebworth this year in mine, along with Dad.

No doubt I'll be posting more shortly.

Regards

Richard

Print this item

Crank Shafts,
Posted by: Chris Williams - 10 Apr 2007, 16:15 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (3)

I think I probably know the answer to this one, however I shall ask the more enlightened (clever) out there :lol:
Is the crank in an auto engine the same as that attached to a manual gearbox? other than a different flywheel. If so is there a spigot bearing in the crank?
Thanks.
Chris

Print this item

FORUM TRANSFER FROM ukdoc.co.uk TO deloreans.co.uk THIS
Posted by: NickT - 09 Apr 2007, 20:21 - Forum: Forum Updates and Advice - Replies (9)

Hi all,

We've been in the process of transferring our deloreans.co.uk domain to a new hosting site since FASTHOSTS decided to cut us off at the last moment.

We have now transferred the domain and uploaded all of the web files.

I have configured the forum on the deloreans.co.uk but will have to export the data from this current forum and re-import to the new forum. I will do this task sometime this week when I have a chance.

Please note that I will lock the forum to ensure all data is current and not dual entried.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

NickT.

Print this item

FORUM RESTORE BANK HOLIDAY MON 9TH APRIL 2007
Posted by: NickT - 09 Apr 2007, 15:39 - Forum: Forum Updates and Advice - No Replies

Due to a forum crash today I have had to restore the whole forum.

The database is intact so all posts are preserved but your avatars will be as set on 30th Jan 2007.

Please update your avatar as before if you wish.

Regards,

NickT.

Print this item

Struts/TorsionBars
Posted by: dmcscott2002 - 08 Apr 2007, 18:48 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (4)

I just changed my struts in the hope that my passenger side door would open all the way on its own. No luck Sad Really starting to stress me out! I think I ve OD'd on DMC work this week! hehe

Im guessing Torison bar problem?

Print this item

It seems all quiet this week??
Posted by: Outatime - 08 Apr 2007, 11:04 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (11)

Is it just me not logging on for a long time, getting a false feeling.... or is it really that the forum has gone all quiet this week??

Print this item

Back to a happy man after dent disappear :)
Posted by: Outatime - 08 Apr 2007, 06:13 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - No Replies

Some of you guys may know my D got dented by a dumb ass driver few months back... since then, the door trim have been taken off and sitting in the trunk for ages waiting for the dent to be fixed~

After 1 hour of professional "paintless dent removal", the dent is 98% gone and I am back to a happy man! Door trims going back on this few days~ can't wait!

P.S. What I mean by 98% is that there are still some very minor scratches and some very very very small indent to be sanded down when regraining the whole car later on :wink:

[Image: BeforeAfter.jpg]

Print this item

delorean in brentwood, essex
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 07 Apr 2007, 21:21 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (5)

come on own up who was driving in brentwood todayspotted by an eagle eye friend Smile TT

Print this item

Fascia painting
Posted by: johnomac - 06 Apr 2007, 16:09 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

Finally got the front fascia off. What colour matches the original for the top coat?

Print this item