Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,017
» Latest member: EleanoreFa
» Forum threads: 6,371
» Forum posts: 57,135

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: PEDelorean
Yesterday, 13:58
» Replies: 2
» Views: 20
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 139
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 24
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 252,790
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,500
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 404
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 37
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 42
Car Show, Swansea. 2nd Ju...
Forum: Wales
15 Mar 2024, 17:59
» Views: 49

Fuel Tank Plate
Posted by: Pilot25dmc - 15 Apr 2007, 23:20 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (2)

Hi all

Going to take the close-out plate that holds the fuel tank off the car tomorrow to get all the rust off it and paint it.

I have only about 5 bolts holding it on and was wondering if I take it off will the fuel tank fall on my head??? Big Grin

I have about half a tank of fuel left.

Print this item

Power Window Regulators.
Posted by: Barson - 15 Apr 2007, 14:11 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (26)

ey up.

While I'm currently awaiting parts to get my engine sorted, I've briefly turned my attention to other areas of the car that need to be looked at.

Power Window Regulators:

The driver's side motor runs (back and forth - so I know there's current on both circuits), but it's not moving the arm. I think the arm (slidey thing) is bust.

The passenger's side motor doesn't run at all. I've tested the wires from the switch to the two motor connectors and I'm getting continuity. I tested each of the two connectors against ground, but found no continuity, so I think the motor's bust.

There have been several improvements made to the Delorean window regulators over the years and many of the main vendors stock 'improved' versions of them.

My question to you guys is:

Are all of these new and improved window regulators on sale today the same thing? And which vendor should I go with?

Hervey's is the least expensive (that i can find) if you exclude delivery and potential import duty.

thanks for your help once again Smile Smile

Barzo.

Print this item

SS front license plate holder
Posted by: Outatime - 14 Apr 2007, 22:43 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

I have a used SS front license plate holder for sale... if interested, please PM me.

Many Thanks,
John :wink:

Print this item

Sandwich plate-Block, gasket query
Posted by: Chris Williams - 14 Apr 2007, 18:28 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (2)

Hi.
Is there a gasket fitted between the sandwich plate and block? I know there is one between the sandwich plate and sump but not sure about the other. If so would any one have the part number please?
Thanks in advance. Smile
Chris

Print this item

Pilot 20
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 13 Apr 2007, 09:38 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (22)

PJ Grady (Europe) are please to announce the purchase of 'Pilot 20' - from Sascha Skucek in the US.

The car is one of the earliest known DeLoreans still in the community - and has specific historical value, being one of the few handbuilt DeLoreans assembled by Lotus for US testing purposes.

More details to follow....

Darren

Print this item

LAMBDA COUNTER
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 12 Apr 2007, 22:25 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (5)

Hi all i was just thinking about my lambda counter because i am coming up to around 29k do i need to reset it or ignore it as i may be getting rid of sensor Cheers TONY TT

Print this item

Engine with a gentle stutter?
Posted by: matclarke - 12 Apr 2007, 13:07 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (2)

Hi all....

Frenchy had a stage one upgrade fairly recently with the, now gone, DMC ltd, and ever since has a small stutter, that never seems to go away...

She has a confirmed fuel accumulator problem that's not life threatening yet....

Fuel accumulator prob. gotten worse?
Engine Timing never quite right after upgrade?

Help!

Many thanks...
Mat Clarke
#100 - DOC
#3866 - Frenchy

Print this item

engine servo
Posted by: johnomac - 11 Apr 2007, 16:15 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (6)

I found my engine servo (on the left side of the engine) disconnected at the throttle spool, why would someone disconnect it or could it have dislodged itself? And what will it being disconnected cause?

Print this item

Louvre refurb
Posted by: johnomac - 11 Apr 2007, 15:58 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (2)

Managed to fix all the cracks, which im pretty pleased about, just need filler and gelcoat (i think) what kinds should i use and does anyone know where i can get them??

Print this item

Why do YOU like the DeLorean so much?
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 10 Apr 2007, 16:38 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

All,

I'm doing a bit of a study...and I'm keen to hear your thoughts.
I've met a lot of DeLorean owners and enthusiasts - and I'm trying to gauge exactly what it is that first attracted peoples interest to the car.

For many, it seems that the BTTF films were a BIG influence - and lots of owners have wanted a Delorean ever since they first saw the movies.

For others (myself included), it's about the history and the idea of building something from a dream - and managing to develop such a stylish car with a limitted budget and a short timescale.

Others discard all of this and just like the look of the car and 'the doors that go up'!

For most people - you could probably tick all options - but please pick the one that is most appropriate for you.

Thanks!

Darren

Print this item