Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 161
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 37
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 203
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 37
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,416
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,553
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 55

Used UN1 box on ebay
Posted by: ChrisS - 15 May 2007, 17:05 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Print this item

Bonds Submersible Lotus Esprit
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 15 May 2007, 14:51 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/12/bond ... ion-block/

Print this item

RED DeLorean spotted in Norwich!
Posted by: Carl Hammond - 15 May 2007, 11:07 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (2)

That's right a RED one! Shock

Going along the A146 heading towards the City. Looked gorgeous and stood out from the crowd, quite impressed that my wife recognised it before me!

Looked exactly like Alistair's old car, with the grey facias. Am I right in thinking he sold that a couple of years ago?

If so, who's the mystery owner???

All the best

Carl

Print this item

Tech seminar, Norfolk.
Posted by: delorean12uk - 15 May 2007, 00:17 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (17)

Hello evrybod,
This Tech seminar in Norfolk is in a couple of weeks, are any members taking any sort of video recording equipement, even if it's just a handy cam to contribute to our U.K. delorean feature for Gettysburg. I want to try to capture the true dedication of the U.K. club member in all their glory. Torettes and I went out last friday night and we went........... well, where we went is not important, but I wish I had taken a video camera then, and submitting that for the Gettysberg video project, although I probably would have had trouble explaining what some of the members were doing. We could have called it 'Deloreans do Dallas'.
Anyway I just thought I would ask and remind you all if you can take some sort of video camera if you don't mind, thank you all, laters J.

Print this item

Why fitting small oil filterw is BAD !!!
Posted by: Daniel Shane - 14 May 2007, 19:43 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (1)

Hi All,

Been looking into oil filters and came across this very well written site called the Oil Bible. On there is a few good reasons why you should not fit an oil filter that is smaller in volume than the standard one and even recommends fitting larger ones.

And I Quote

There's a school of thought which says that enlarging the oil filter on your car is A Good Thing.

Why is this?

The small oil filters fitted to engines these days run with quite a high back pressure, and the bypass valve trips at about 3500rpm. That means that your oil is not being filtered when the engine is spinning faster than 3500rpm. As the oil filter does its job and starts to clog up, that rpm value can be lower.

If you increase the size of the filter, this will raise the rpm at which the bypass valve will switch. With a bigger filter and lower back pressure, for the same rpm (prior to bypass valve operation) less engine power will be lost in the filter. Bigger filter means better filtering and more power at low to mid revs. Clever eh? But there's some things you need to be aware of if you're going to try this approach, all of which are relevant, and none of which I can confirm or deny

Bigger filter = more "dead" space = more oil. Remember you'd need to add more oil to the engine to keep the oil level at the correct mark on the dipstick. This isn't necessarily a bad thing - more oil doing the same job theoretically means less stress on the oil.

Oil may take a little longer to circulate around the engine after startup, as the pump may have to fill up the larger capacity oil filter. With modern filters this ought not to be a problem though because all but the cheapest filters have backflow preventers which keep oil in the filter when the engine is off.

What do you guys think. It looks like if you fit a smaller one then it makes sense that you will increase the pressure and the Bypass valve will open much earlier and so your oil wont be filtered once you engine gets to say 2000 rpm so the oil will almost never be filtered !!!

I have spoken to a few people in the know and they agree with the bigger filter. It makes sense to me. If you ever see the size of the oil filter on my Esprit you will understand why, It's huge !!!

Dan

Print this item

EINSTEIN WARNING
Posted by: Glen & Sam - 13 May 2007, 00:19 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

HI ALL

after all my mad props collecoting some of you are aware that i know have a dog called einstein well just got back from my birthday event with my dear wife to come back to the lounge with all the other dogs toys in bits,setee in bits,sky box un wirerd ,and eny just sitting there with a smile on dogs face Big Grin ( sams face was :twisted: )

be warned beard collies are a great dog for a prop but cost you very much more than a time control unit or a flux

my god i feel old know 8) :lol:

Print this item

Rear Suspension (copied from Cars/Parts wanted thread)
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 11 May 2007, 20:10 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - No Replies

Hi All,

unfortunately the rear springs and shocks that Phill was sent for Sorbet turned out to be incorrect (they were freebies anyway), so we are on the hunt for shocks and springs again.

We dont need/want fancy adjustable jobbies, just plain old stock ones will do.

Can anyone out there help? Ideally, we'd like to get them changed before Eurotec as there's Ed's polybushes to fit at the same time.

Cheers,

Print this item

Rear Shocks & Springs needed
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 11 May 2007, 17:57 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

Hi All,

unfortunately the rear springs and shocks that Phill was sent for Sorbet turned out to be incorrect (they were freebies anyway), so we are on the hunt for shocks and springs again.

We dont need/want fancy adjustable jobbies, just plain old stock ones will do.

Can anyone out there help? Ideally, we'd like to get them changed before Eurotec as there's Ed's polybushes to fit at the same time.

Cheers,

Print this item

Project car on ebay that needs saving!
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 11 May 2007, 13:50 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (8)

Hi all,

anyone feeling brave? http://tinyurl.com/27tyto

Needs lots of work, but at the moment its only a smidge more then the $4500 I paid for Flopsy 5 years ago Smile

With the current £-$ rate, it might be a a cheap project car for someone - but remember it will need a complete interior, front and rear fascias, the doors dont open, the nsf wing is damaged and its not been run for 6 years........

Print this item

Blower/fan motor..............
Posted by: Peter Filsell - 10 May 2007, 21:41 - Forum: 7 - Heating / Air Conditioning - Replies (7)

Evening guys and gals!

Anyone know the part number and uk suppliers for the blower motor??

Hope I have diagnosed correctly, fan works on all speed settings and although sounds louder as it spins faster, I don't get much air out of the vents.

Well I want to feel the benefit if Im gonna get aircon'd up at the Eurotec! Big Grin

Are they fairly easy to fit too??

Print this item