Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,019
» Latest member: ajohntxaxdz486
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
Yesterday, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 161
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 23
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 37
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,226
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,716
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 409
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 39
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 44

Steering Rack Refurbishment
Posted by: Rich H - 22 May 2007, 22:31 - Forum: Parts Suppliers - Replies (16)

Driveshaft UK
Unit 4
Victoria Buildings
Newhall Street
Willenhall
WV13 1LQ
01902 602103

Collected on Monday, refurbed on Tuesday and it was back to me on Wednesday morning. Total cost inc VAT £86 (May 2007)

They have identified the rack as being "a generic Lotus one"

Print this item

crazy delorean prices?
Posted by: MikeH - 22 May 2007, 21:56 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (30)

well just looking over ebay, i think some people just aint using there head when it comes to putting a price on the delorean their selling..

http://motors.search.ebay.com/delorean_ ... samcmZ6001

i want em cheaper so i can afford oneTongue

Print this item

Steering Rack
Posted by: Birksie - 22 May 2007, 19:10 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (16)

Just ordered a new steering rack for my D, as it failed the MOT due to this.
Ive just fitted some new discs and pads to the front, and still I get wobble when braking.
Im now presuming that a dodgy steering rack can cause wobble when braking. Can anyone confirm that? :?

Print this item

DeLorean in The Simpsons
Posted by: DMZ - 22 May 2007, 17:30 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (10)

I'm sure some of you have already seen this, but Troy McClure has DeLorean in the episode 'A fish called Selma'

This is the best clip I can find...its in about 3/4 shots all..conglomerated here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ND1Xu1SlI

Print this item

Martys baseball cap....
Posted by: Reynolds - 22 May 2007, 17:11 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

Hi all, does anyone know where I can get a Marty Mcfly baseball cap as seen in BTTF 2? I used to see them all the time on Ebay and now I actually need one and I can't find one for love nor money (although i havent tried the lovin' offer yet)....

If anyone has any ideas could you let me know please?...... I need one by the 3rd of July as I sais I'd dress up as him (why did I do that?)

Thank you!!!!
Chris

P.S I have just taken the afternoon off to change my transmission filter and it was all going swimmingly until I overtightened a bolt on my sump and it cut the gasket Sad . To make things worse it all looked fine and I didnt realise til I filled it back up and spewed it all back out into the garage :x . I think it may be 'gasket from a tube' tomorrow evening :oops: .......... I should have read the advice on the forum (Which I did....just now) Cry

Print this item

Engine oil... What to use ?
Posted by: tracey steele - 22 May 2007, 13:10 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (14)

gonna give my delorean a service ,which is the best engine oil i could use, their are so many out there now,

Print this item

Strangest coincidence!
Posted by: frostrobo - 22 May 2007, 08:48 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (1)

We went to view a house last night that I'm thinking of moving to and the lady owner was showing us around.

We went into her (huge) garage and my gf said that I wanted to get a classic car. The lady asked what one, so I said "Oh, a DeLorean", not expecting her to know anything about it...

It turns out she used to work with John DeLorean! "Terror of the forty-forth floor" she said, "Ahead of his time, and a great shame that the gull-wings never took off!"

She lives about a quarter mile from my current house, in the same small village! Never expected that to happen...

Print this item

Cutty Sark - Thoughts and reminisces
Posted by: DMZ - 21 May 2007, 21:42 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (11)

Cry Cry Cry

Most of you know what this is all about.

Last year I saw HMS Victory and I will never forget that day. I didn't get to see the Cutty Sark, however, and now it would appear none of us will for a good while. But she will live again. :x Smile

There has been interesting discussion on the BBC Points of View website. I'm afraid I got a little incensed and wrote an essay....I am 'Revelordie' on the POV message board

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbpointsofview ... ad=4175245

Print this item

Running up the cooling system
Posted by: dmckelv12 - 21 May 2007, 19:20 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (19)

Hello all you lovely people.

I have fitted the rad to #16686 and run the system with water and antifreeze. The coolant seems to be getting round the system as all the pipes get quite hot.
I have opened the bleed screw on the thermostat (which has released alot of air/bubbles. I get a steady stream of water coming through the return pipe which goes back to the expansion tank.
As the temperature reaches in between quarter and half way, the fans cut in and cut out after a while.
However, a little while after the fans cut out, the coolant starts to boil up and make alot of funny hissing and popping sounds.
The bleed screw just lets out alot of steam, and the temperature keeps rising.

Anyone got any ideas, cos i'm getting rather stressed :evil:

Cheers Kelv Big Grin

Print this item

MOT Emissions Results
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 21 May 2007, 17:53 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (15)

Hi all,

well, for the first time ever, Flopsy passed her MOT first time today Big Grin Big Grin

I'm 'experimenting' with a fuel additive (I wont say what it is yet, because if I did I'd have to kill you :wink: )

These are the emissions results for her MOT today:

CO Level - (max allowable 4.50%) actual reading 0.25%
HC Level - (max allowable 1200ppm) actual reading 65ppm

The MOT tester was very impressed with how low the emissions were (for an older car) and said apart from 1 of the track rod end boots which will need replacing (and the busted passenger door handle), everything was fine and she passed with flying colours! Big Grin

I'll tax her at the end of this month for the 1st June - see you all in Norfolk!

Print this item