Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 160
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 37
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 202
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 37
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,388
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,543
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 55

Top car
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 26 May 2007, 15:53 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (2)

We know how popular the cars are still and although the DeLorean isn't always at the top spot it is always a favourite!

[Image: topcars.jpg]

Print this item

hover DeLorean on YouTube
Posted by: Aaron - 26 May 2007, 14:17 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

This vid isn't like the hover cars in BTTF2, but it's worth a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN3BUgX-dYY

Print this item

WANTED - Steering Rack Mounting Brackets
Posted by: Rich H - 26 May 2007, 10:39 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (5)

Well I've just come to torque up the mounting brackets on my nice refurbed steering rack, only to discover that the threads are stripped Sad

So I'm looking for replacements. The part numbers are 110089 and 110088.

I have already sent Ed an enquiry, but if they are already in the UK that would probably be preferable as time is running out for Eurotech!!!

Print this item

NORFOLK
Posted by: AA TONY - 26 May 2007, 10:01 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (1)

HI TONY HARRISON AA PATROL

WILL BE AT EVENT AT NORFOLK , I HAVE A MIX OF SNAP ON TOOLS

WHICH I USED FOR MY BUISNESS WHEN FINISHED IN 2001 .

THEY ARE MY OWN PERSONEL TOOL AND NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AA

IF INTERESTED GLEN WILL BE BRINING SOME DOWN NEXT SATURDAY

THANKS TONY

Print this item

Starter/alternator wiring??????
Posted by: Chris Williams - 25 May 2007, 22:21 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (2)

Hi,
Just got the engine back in. Unfortunatly forgot to make an exact note of what wires came from the starter and alternator (dohh) The small ones i'm OK on its just the larger ones as in:
2 large red wires, 1 looks like it comes from the battery the other from the jump lead post, where do these go and which way round?
3 sets of large brown wires each containing 3 large brown wires, 2 appear to be in one group exiting the loom the other exits furthur down. Where do these go please?
Thanks
Chris

Print this item

Flaws of BTTF movies
Posted by: Outatime - 25 May 2007, 21:19 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (22)

[Image: badshot1.jpg]
[Image: badshot2.jpg]

I know it's sad to watch BTTFs over and over again millions of times weekly, but I used to do that when I was still at secondary school when I had no internet or cars to "play" with.... :roll:

By doing so, I have spotted so many flaws and shots that shows different object placements/ settings... which they aren't meant to be.

BTTF 2 is the one which I have spotted most flaws. When DOC and marty first landed at the future Hill Valley, the shots switch between the real and the fake D (for flying shots).... First, the fake D has poking out wheel nuts, silver centre badge, the doors don't shut, and I remember there are differences between the white tyre lettering too!

Then when they opened the door, passenger side's door mirror is bent to the closed position, but then the next second, it's back in normal position. Also, some shots shows the D have door straps, but some shows no door straps fitted...

Then for the shot when Doc has to chase behind Biff's car in 1955, the shot clearly shows the fake D's rollers. And the welded wheel too! But not sure if I am correct, you could also spot one of Marty's body harness' buckles that kept him "hoovering".

And in all three of the films, there are 2 different versions of the digital speedometer, one with 2 digits but third digit blanked out with black tape, one with 2 digits but first digit blanked out.

Anyway, I know this is a rubbish post, but just wanted to share the above pics which I have found in my hard drive when I was backing up the data. If I find more, I would probably add to the list if you guys don't mind? I am not putting down the films... they are clearly legend and I love all three of them! I am doing this just for a good laugh :wink:

Print this item

Dipstick leakage
Posted by: Reynolds - 25 May 2007, 19:17 - Forum: 4 - Transmission - Manual & Automatic - Replies (16)

Right, i feel like a dipstick for asking, but I have changed the gasket on the auto transmission sump and refilled to 4.5 litres (to max when hot). Lovley jubbly. No leaks. Took her out for a spin, came back and then checked again. She is leaking from the lip of the sump, so I guess I have mucked up the sump fitting (again). Before I took it all apart I noticed it was leaking from below the dipstick area. I had issues a while back where the dipstick tube leaks where it enters the sump. The bolt that holds it tight to the sump is cross threaded so i used an o ring and wedged it back in as good as I could. It worked, but I reckon the 2 transmission gasket changes in 48 hrs has upset it. I am having trouble getting it to seal again, not as easy as it was before. I have drained the sump a little and cleaned the tube and sump area up and aPplied gasket gunk to the o rings and slotted it back in. I will wait til tomorrow and refill and see if it has worked. If it does not, does anyone have any ideas? The o ring is not an exact fit, but IT should be good enough to hold. The lack of bolt retention means it can work its way out. I am hoping the gasket gunk will seal and give me a vibration proof seal taht 'glues' the tube in.

Its such a simple pain that is causing me a headache......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Print this item

Letting in Water
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 25 May 2007, 14:40 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

Sorry to tag onto an older thread....

Dean - although the water is appearing at the rear of the cabin - it's likely getting in at the front and collecting under the T panel.

When you get a chance - have a go at removing the T roof and checking out the area above the windscreen - and immediately behind.
Strong chance that the water is coming through there (in which case some sealant should help).
Also whilst the roof is off - worth checking out the surrounding areas (incl the tray and gullies).

Regards

Darren

Print this item

Fuel accumulator!
Posted by: matclarke - 24 May 2007, 11:18 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (21)

Anyone else had problems getting the fuel accumulator out?

The accumulator is out but hanging by the pipework.
One pipe has flaked away completely leaving the white fabric exposed, the other spilt, so these have to be unscrewed from the fuel system as well.

But will they unscrew after 25 years!? No!
Because of the small space, it's only possible to use stubby 17 and 19mm spanners.....

Am I just a 12 stone weakling?

Now the car can't be moved it's gotta happen here on the driveway!

Thanks for any help!

Mat
DOC 100

Print this item

tick over up and down
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 23 May 2007, 20:09 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (9)

my tickover has started to go up and down even when hot, then it settles down, before i start getting the hump :evil: , is this usually down to vacuum leak? thanks TT Tony

Print this item