Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 161
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 37
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 202
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 37
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,399
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,551
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 55

Gullwing weather strips
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 30 May 2007, 15:42 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (1)

http://delorean.fr/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &start=150

The french owner above has used stainless steel screws instead of pop-rivets. Pop-rivets can leave dimples visible through the top part of the door if done wrong. Is there any disadvantage to using screws providing they are the right. If the rubber fails again in the near future the screws are far easier to remove and re-use if turned without force.

Print this item

Restoration section
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 30 May 2007, 13:03 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (1)

I am not aware of any major restorations on the list so far but most owners work on their cars (or have vendors/others) work on their car.

I have just seen the Presentation section on the French forum:-
http://delorean.fr/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

The above encourages owners to show their car (we could list the vin) and as the car evolves with the owner they can log what they have been doing with photos. Would make a great article for the magazine too each issue to follow different owers with different cars.

So, how about it. We could list:-
vin 5255 Oct 81 grey 5-speed owned by Chris Hawes
would contain pictures of the car, mods and to do list etc.

This will take time, but would grow just like the forum has... what do you all think?

Print this item

Domi from France
Posted by: Domi - 30 May 2007, 09:38 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (32)

Hello all, just want to introduce myself here.
I'm a French owner since 1995 and I was a member of your club, but I received my last issue a few weeks ago.
The forum looks great and full of advices.
Have a great day :wink:

Print this item

Moles...........
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 29 May 2007, 22:18 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (10)

Ok, very OT I know - but this is the OT section afterall! :wink:

Before I do a Jasper Carrott with a 12 bore in the back garden, has anyone got any really good tips for getting rid of Moles? (could be one for you techies out there to get inventive)

I've got one which is working its way across the back garden, and I've shovelled up 7 huge molehills tonight :evil:

I wouldnt mind, but 15 feet away is the hedge which seperates us from the farmer's field!

The only 'humane' suggestion I've had sofar is half burying bottles in the ground as apparantly moles dont like the noise of the wind blowing across them :?

Any suggestions before I start blowing the little b***ard up? :lol:

Print this item

Warm Up Regulator
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 29 May 2007, 14:10 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (3)

Hi Dean

I know this is all starting to sound like a 'stuck record' , but as NickT has pointed out, has your mechanic done a proper fuel pressure test ?, this will confirm if the part is faulty or not. No point of spending hard earned cash on parts you dont need bud .

In no way as detailed as NickT s 'How to' in the back of the last mag but of some use all the same :-

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7u0gn/id4.html

BTW All:-

There will be a fuel pressure test kit available for use at Eurotec. Along with a demonstration session on this.

Print this item

New 4-pots...
Posted by: richard - 29 May 2007, 10:27 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (3)

Hi All,

Just finished plumbing the 4-pot on the front this weekend. Also went tank diving fitting new baffle.

Hope the piccy attached o.k.

4-pots over standard disc. Disc replacment may be needed, but they stop pretty firm now...
[Image: DSC00065.jpg][/img]

Print this item

DeLorean animation
Posted by: DMZ - 28 May 2007, 20:50 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

This is fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdc-MIuunYM

Hopefully I will be learning how to do this next year...

Print this item

Huey Lewis cameo in BTTF
Posted by: Aaron - 28 May 2007, 19:30 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (5)

[Image: cap003.jpg]

Believe it or not, this is Huey Lewis holding a megaphone.

Print this item

Best way to enrich the fuel system
Posted by: Chris Williams - 27 May 2007, 21:12 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (8)

Having fitted the stage two engine I am still awaiting the return of an uprated metering head Etc. How can I slightly enrich the present DeLorean set up to allow smother running? until I have got all the corrrect components. Would it be simply a case of twiddling an adjustment somewhere Shock
Thanks
Chris

Print this item

Ignition timing?
Posted by: Chris Williams - 27 May 2007, 21:09 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (11)

Would someone be good enough to confirm the ignition timing for me please? from memory is it 12% BTDC with ignition advance detached? or am I completly wrong??
Thanks
Chris

Print this item