Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,373
» Forum posts: 57,139

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 167
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 40
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 212
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 41
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 57
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 256,714
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,603
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 433
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 57

Request for Delorean and owner for the BBC
Posted by: Chris Williams - 02 Aug 2007, 13:25 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - No Replies

I have had this e mail today from the BBC (copied below) unfortunatly I am working up at tees-valley airport at the mo so cant help them. If any owner wants to take it up, please get in touch with them direct.
Chris
----- Original Message -----
To: cwilliams1966@tiscali.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:30 PM
Subject: BBC request

Hi
I am a journalist with BBC World Service, and we're looking for the owner of a Delorean.
The company has announced they're going to start making more of them.
We're hoping to speak to someone who owns one today, Thursday, and obviously see the car. We'll be asking why they're so special and what they're like to drive. If you're free and happy to do this, please let me know at the number below or by email in the next few hours.

Many thanks
Victoria

-----------------------------
Victoria Harrison Neves

World Today
BBC World Service News Programmes
Room 311 South East, Bush House, London WC2B 4PH

tel: 442075572782/73723

Print this item

ITV News De Lorean Spot
Posted by: Jonny Jones - 01 Aug 2007, 23:24 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (10)

Here's a rather quick 'camcorder records from a tv screen' video showing the news spot where Jonathan Wheeler's car was showcased on the news spot centered around the 25 car-per-year re-manufacture proposal that has been made recently.

http://www.jonnyjones.co.uk/ITV - DSPOT_ITV.mov (10.9mb, QuickTime required - http://www.apple.com/uk/quicktime/download)

Cheers!

Print this item

check this out
Posted by: tracey steele - 01 Aug 2007, 22:10 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6925533.stm :wink:

Print this item

Locking mechanism.
Posted by: Barson - 01 Aug 2007, 20:54 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - No Replies

Hello

So im just finishing off putting the door back together when and I came to test the new actuators I bought on the passenger side door lock I came across a problem that I don't think was there previously.

Symptoms:

I have to pull on the handle and turn the key anti clock to open the door. I've isolated the problem to the rear door lock. The front is ok.
The drivers side doesn't do this and the passenger side didn't use to do this, either (I don’t think).

Diagnosis?

I took the lock mechanism out and jabbed around with a screw driver. Nothing looks damaged, but I infact looks as if the lock was designed only to unlock when the handle is pulled simultaneously.
It's not a problem with anything else in the door, because I can replicate the test with the lock in my hands.

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

Anyone have experience in this?

Print this item

Urgent - Delorean Needed for Tonights TV
Posted by: Binny - 01 Aug 2007, 19:12 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

Can any Delorean owners get to the Mail Box, Birmingham tonight for filming for Central News (won't be live, will be pre-recorded for 10pm transmission).

They need someone to pull up, and answer a few questions about the car and the club! So you'll need to be able to get to Birmingham PDQ!

If you can do this, contact Rob White, Central News: 0207 4304349 or 07771 837423 asap.

Cheers
Binny & And

Print this item

Short Wheel Nuts (Cross reference parts)
Posted by: Outatime - 01 Aug 2007, 16:47 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (1)

Dear All,

I remember a while back some of you guys were looking for some "short" wheel nuts that will fit the D.

The standard Honda Civic wheel nuts (not sure if all models are the same though) and some Porsche wheel nuts will fit, and they are the "short" ones that you guys are after.

Hope it helps!

Print this item

rocker cover gaskit
Posted by: hana 5284 - 01 Aug 2007, 14:26 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (4)

Hi all,
dose anyone know where i can bye a set of rocker cover gaskits from???
cheers Tyson (hana 5284)

Print this item

Front shock lower bushing.
Posted by: Barson - 31 Jul 2007, 21:22 - Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering - Replies (1)

Hello

So I was underneath the front of my car last week and noticed that the bushing that sit between the bottom of the shock and the pin that holds it to the lower control arm were disintegrating (both sides). bummer.

it's number 36 on this diagram:

[Image: images510.gif]

code: 109080

If I remove the wheel and undo the bolt/pin that holds the shock to the lower control arm these things will just pop right out, right?

I'm just thinking - are the shocks fully extended when there's no weight pressing on them?

ta!
Barzo.

Print this item

Leather Care Products
Posted by: Barson - 31 Jul 2007, 21:13 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (6)

Any recommendations?

I just need to clean up my interior as I've pretty much ignored it since I got the car. Smile

PS: WD-40 won't do, will it? :p :wink:

Print this item

A little piece of DeLorean history...
Posted by: PJ Grady (Europe) - 31 Jul 2007, 11:40 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (12)

All,

Have a look at the link below - and see if you can tell me what it is...
(Sorry - I didn't have much luck posting the image direct..)

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... T_Tag.html

And it's definatelty NOT Turbo Tony's key ring....

Darren

Print this item