Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little piece of DeLorean history...
All,

Have a look at the link below - and see if you can tell me what it is...
(Sorry - I didn't have much luck posting the image direct..)

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... T_Tag.html

And it's definatelty NOT Turbo Tony's key ring....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Is it Turbo Tonys first chocolate digestive??.....

Frankly I have no idea... it looks like a tag of some type, off a pilot car??
Close....it came with a Pilot car - but not 'off' a pilot car....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
tt = test track?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Well done!

This is a token used by the test drivers on the Dunmurry test track - as they were trialling the pilot cars.
To avoid the possibility of accidents - each car was only allowed on the track if they had possession of said token. As one car left the track, the token was passed to the next car so they could go on.

This came from Sascha along with Pilot 20.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
woo hoo!
DOC 527
Vin #10264
What does he win ??? Wink
How about a lovely PJ Grady keyring - assembled by yours truly?
(I have about 100 of them...so I won't miss one!)

All you need now is the key to go on the ring - and the Delorean that goes on the key!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
ooo sweetSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:All you need now is the key to go on the ring - and the Delorean that goes on the key!

Darren

Sounds a bit like a Kit car car that ..... Smile
hi Darren

would this have been Dunmurry, or the US track..as was not pilot 20 (along with the other two sent to the us for trial.

incidentally, i assume pilot 20 never had a uk plate.

i wanted the other pilot (with the one plexiglass door), but has gone to another buyer....

also did pilot 20 have production doors added?, and possibly a passenger seat, i think it was missing on the other pilot (auto)

i still might take you up on the offer of sorting my car, and definately need tabs etc.

could do with an early passenger carpet, as rust....!! has eaten ,my runner and damaged the carpet.

regards
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hello Steve,

In response...

Pilot 20 was at Dunmurry - the car was built at Lotus, shipped to Dunmurry and then ultimately onto the US along with 2 other pilot cars - and some production VINs (including John Chapelhows VIN737).

I had originally struck a deal with Sascha to buy both Piot 20 and 21 - but getting an untitled car shipped was going to be too much effort - and he had a buyer waiting (Ken Koncelik) - so it made sense to step away and focus on 20.
At the same time, Rob Grady gave us the option to buy Legend twin turbo VIN530 - so Chris N took that on.

Pilot 20 did have production doors fitted - the originals were most likely mild steel inners (like on 21). If we decide to be truly original - we have one mild steel door (from Pilot 16) - and we know where the other one is.

The seat thing - Pilot 20 has both seats - when Olsen closed, Pilots 19, 20 and 21 were all sold to the same person - and my guess is that they parted out 21 in order to get 20 into a useable condition. I don't see why anyone would explicitly leave a seat out of a car. Pilot 20s are both original.

We'll know a lot more when we actually start working on Pilot 20 - it's somewhere on the Atlantic at the moment. We'll certainly keep everyone upto date with this one - and people are very welcome to visit us to see it once it's here.

In terms of your car - no problem - we can help you out with all of those things we discussed...just let me know.

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
hi Darren

yes i want that Pilot 21...i wonder if ken want to sell??!! :roll:

as it does need the odd bit of resto!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370