Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,021
» Latest member: Simon2468
» Forum threads: 6,375
» Forum posts: 57,141

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Goodyear eagle 2 tyres - ...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: welldoneade
16 May 2024, 10:07
» Replies: 0
» Views: 25
DOC National Annual Weeke...
Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
14 May 2024, 16:32
» Views: 30
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 189
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Views: 48
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 63
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 254
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 65
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 71
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 258,489
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 25,141

EIG 1288 Reduced. Late Build DMC.
Posted by: A Van - 14 Aug 2007, 10:10 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

Hi Dean

Did your car sell in the end?

Cheers

Al

Print this item

is Mr Uding off on Hols?
Posted by: Barson - 12 Aug 2007, 12:14 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (12)

anyone tried DMCEurope lately? I'm not getting any reply from him Sad

Usually he's quick. Smile

Print this item

Another Gull Wing
Posted by: arranj - 11 Aug 2007, 17:45 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (1)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0140922936 - looks quite interesting!

Print this item

VIN# 4400 up for sale
Posted by: Phil Peters - 10 Aug 2007, 09:10 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (61)

Hello everyone,

I have put a deposit down on a rather special DeLorean, but sadly that means my current car VIN# 4400 must go to a new home.

I am advertising the car to club members before offering it to Joe Public. The car is quite well known within the club (the previous owner was a club member too) and as many of you know, I am something of an obsessive perfectionist when it comes to looking after the car! There is too much detail to list here but the basics are:

VIN# 4400
October 1981 build
Grey interior
Manual transmission
Bonnet with pleats but no gas flap
26k miles (approx)
Pirelli tyres (which have done approx 1500 miles)
Fully sorted
Remote central locking and door opening kit fitted
Long MOT
6 months tax
£17,500

I will put some photos of the car at http://www.advertfactory.co.uk/vin4400 shortly. In the meantime any interested parties can get in touch via e-mail or phone me on 07760 214546

Print this item

DMC ON TV
Posted by: Rich Hanlon - 09 Aug 2007, 13:28 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (1)

Not the new series of Life on Mars set in the 80's? Please let it be!!!

Print this item

Flood damaged cars coming onto used market
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 07 Aug 2007, 21:57 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (4)

Hi all,

this might be of interest to anyone thinking of buying a used car (a normal one, not a D). It was emailed to us today, shortly after we were offered (through the trade) a 2007 Mercedes C220CDi Avantgarde Estate (worth over £20K) for £11750......the description went on to say it was flood damaged....

*snip*

GROUP USED CARS: FLOOD DAMAGE WARNING

URGENT INFORMATION REGARDING FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLES

We have already had many flood damaged cars offered to us in part-exchange and countless more will follow. Damage varies from partial submersion through to complete engine destruction caused by hydraulic locks breathing in water.

Insurance companies are usually categorising claims as CAT B on HPI's VCAR register, i.e. for scrap and dismantling only. There is a real concern over health and safety due to contaminated water and lasting, and potentially dangerous, damage to the complex electronic microprocessors controlling all the safety systems on the car, so they cannot be safely put back on the road.

BEWARE! Many third-party insured vehicles will NEVER appear on the HPI register and so flood damage can only be spotted through thorough appraisals - very risky with internet valuations?

Look out for:-

obvious damp, especially condensation in the instrument cluster
silt and/or sand remaining in rubber trims and finishers
silt and/or sand remaining in areas which can contain water such as door pockets, glove box, ashtray, spare wheel well etc.
water damaged service book or handbook pack
warning lights illuminating at random; or those that do not go out with the engine running
engine oil contamination, or engine oil level suspiciously high
silt in the engine bay
engine rough running indicating internal damage
gritty sounding brakes on road test
My advice is to appraise carefully, test drive every time, and NEVER rely on HPI. In the past flood damaged cars have circulated the marketplace for months and unwary dealerships have been caught with unsaleable stock. In the event you do purchase one of these vehicles it should be offered at auction with full declaration on the vehicle details form as "SERIOUS FLOOD DAMAGE - VEHICLE SOLD FOR PARTS ONLY"
*snip*

Regards,

Print this item

>>>BACK TO 1981....>>>>
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 07 Aug 2007, 11:02 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (52)

[Image: DSC01490DesktopResolution.jpg]

[Image: th_MOV01480.jpg]

Print this item

has anyone had a screen fitted?
Posted by: steve.s - 07 Aug 2007, 02:18 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (8)

hi

i just wondered, i need mine fitted and normally the fitter uses a knife (or cheeswire) to cut the old 'glue' and then a knife to scrape the old glue off.

is this ok, and is there any chance of damage to the fibreglass?

just can't see him doing it without cutting into?

and is it best to fit, the put the top rail and side finishers back on, while the new glue is tacky (upto a couple of hours?)

and then best to not open the doors (to stop body flex)

any tips?
i want to do my door post finishers but will not really have time as need to get the new screen in. can these be done later if need be?, they are not too bad, but can see a bit of the lining through the glass. Thought i could slide a dark plastic strip or something to cover this.

i think dmuk use to paint the edge of the screen?

thanx for any advice

that mot draws closer

Print this item

DGS 803X in Classics Monthly
Posted by: NEM351S - 06 Aug 2007, 17:19 - Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD - Replies (4)

Hi there. At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, there is a multi page article on my car in Classics Monthly this month. Its on page 42 if you are thumbing in Smith's ;-)

WHSmith appears to be the main stockists of the magazine.

Kind regards and hope you are all well.

Jonathan

Print this item

Overwhealming (Sorry, don't know how to spell it)
Posted by: alexadams1 - 06 Aug 2007, 14:33 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

It seems to me that people are getting to overwhelmed by the closing of the BTTF Ride, are we not forgetting why we were first intrigued by the car?

I have to admit that I too was first taken under its spell while watching BTTF, however this is not the reason I love the car.

I love it for it's history, and for how it looks and feels.

Print this item