Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,021
» Latest member: Simon2468
» Forum threads: 6,375
» Forum posts: 57,141

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Goodyear eagle 2 tyres - ...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: welldoneade
16 May 2024, 10:07
» Replies: 0
» Views: 28
DOC National Annual Weeke...
Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
14 May 2024, 16:32
» Views: 31
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 191
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Views: 48
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 64
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 257
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 66
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 72
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 258,588
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 25,176

Melted fuse holder
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 17 Aug 2006, 21:34 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (24)

When i first got my car that fateful day 2 years ago Cry , i noticed the fuse for the fuel pump had been replaced by one of those external ones, and it had got rather hot. Last night when i went out i could smell a burning smell and it was coming from the same fuse. I replaced it and it seems to be ok again. Is this a common problem or do i own the only self igniting De :?
cheers all Tony TT

Print this item

DAVES ADDRESS FOR AIR CONN
Posted by: dmcdj - 17 Aug 2006, 17:21 - Forum: 7 - Heating / Air Conditioning - No Replies

IT WAS UNDER MY SEAT IN THE CAR DOH!!!!!

DAVE MATHEWS
HIS COMAPNY IS POLACAP
MOBILE NO 07810200680
62 CASTLE ROAD
WALSALL WOOD
ALDRIDGE

Big Grin Big Grin

Print this item

Engine Oil recommendations
Posted by: Emagine - 16 Aug 2006, 20:47 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (10)

Evening all. Its probably been discussed before but I thought if I bring it up on the new forum it'll be a permenant reocrd.

I'm going to get my hands dirty soon and do some work on the car including an oil change. What do other people recommend I use oil wise? And how much does a Delorean take?

Print this item

300bhp PRV
Posted by: stunned_monkey - 14 Aug 2006, 00:18 - Forum: 1 - Engine - No Replies

Hi All

I've been debating about posting this to the DeLorean forum because I guess there're a few out there who've "heard it all before" but here goes...

Through the time and experimentation that went in on the twin turbo DeLorean, I got to learn a particular aftermarket ECU that is known in the Renault Alpine community over here. It's particular ability to read a stock Renault 66/3 flywheel makes it the obvious choice to run a Renault EFI engine (like the TT DeLorean). Not long after getting the DeLorean running, I was approached by an Alpine owner who's had a tough time getting someone to set up his engine. It's probably the most well known Alpine GTA in the country, and here's why...

Three years ago, the owner decided to pension off the original 2458cc turbo engine and invest in a brand new 3 litre lump direct from Renault. To this end, he bought a Hartge tuned Renault Safrane BiTurbo crate engine. What arrived was the short block, and with the addition of an A610 intake manifold, all his original GTA stuff bolted right up. He also invested nearly £1000 in a custom made T38 Turbo - T3 turbine, T4 compressor. The intercooler was jacketed and water piped to a pre-rad at the front. And then got stuck wien it came to the ECU. That's when I got the call.

Last week with a very basic map based on the TT DeLorean. we were able to take the car out on the road for the first time. The GTA has the same weight, the same clutch and the same ratios until 4th (4th and 5th are fractionally taller) as the DeLorean. Wow! I came back from the first run thinking "If we can get any DeLorean to go like that, it'll blow your socks off!". A few days later we got to the rolling road for a proper mapping session. It was running only 8psi of boost and generating 160hp at the wheels. Easy to forget how utterly torquey these 3 litre engines are!!!

After a few hours of work, a blown turbo pipe and serious trouble getting the car to stop spinning its wheels (275/45-17 racing slicks no less), we were running off the top of the scale at 240hp at the wheels at 5000rpm at 15psi of boost. The rest had to be done on the road and some 20% was gained in the 5000-6000 rpm. The Renault boys reckon on 60hp loss in the transmission, so we were already over the 300 barrier on the rollers. 20% on top of that??? AND only at a bar of boost?

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2452.JPG
http://www.delorean.co.uk/DSCN2453.JPG
http://www.alpinerenaultrestoration.co. ... mepage.jpg

What can I say? Out on the road, I was in my element.... I've driven Marc's Nissan engined DeLorean and I'm sorry to say mate that it wouldn't have a prayer against this GTA. The owner also has an R32 Skyline modified for 400hp, and even he said the GTA felt faster. The PRV was tuned for torque and the way it pulls through the gears is more than enough to implant a surgical smile on your face.

I've got two of these engines on the shelf just waiting for the money to be put into installing one in a DeLorean. Nearly there!

Martin

Print this item

new discs
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 11 Aug 2006, 22:32 - Forum: 6 - Brakes / Wheels / Tyres - Replies (10)

Hi all, has any one got a set of front discs or know where i can get a pair, mine are warped to death. i did post on the other forum but cant find suppliers
cheers Tony TT

Print this item

cam shafts
Posted by: delorean12uk - 10 Aug 2006, 22:15 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (6)

does anyone know if the Volvo 260 prv has the same cam shafts as the delorean?? I have managed to aquire a set of volvo 260 cylinder heads and what i would like to do is refurb them and get the camshafts modified to performance cams, if someone could advise me because if I can I would like to keep the original delorean heads intact so i can just put these refurbished ones ( when i get round to doing them) straight on. many thanks, jason.

Print this item

Front speakers now out (along with dashboard)
Posted by: Chris Williams - 10 Aug 2006, 16:44 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (1)

If any one wants the front origional craig speakers that I have just removed, along with the dashboard, please speak up, otherwise they go in the bin Shock (dashboard not included) just pay the P&P

Chris

Ps; A big thanks for the advice on dash removal, was not as bad as I expected Smile

Print this item

DeLorean News issue 34
Posted by: Phil Peters - 09 Aug 2006, 16:51 - Forum: Latest DOC News - Replies (4)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the next issue of DeLorean News is being proof printed as I write this and should be with you very soon now! Big Grin

Issue 34 is jam-packed with loads of news and updates as well as some cracking articles from our club members (you know who you are :wink: )

If you recently sent in a story and find that it hasn't made it into the mag this time round, don't worry, it WILL be featured in the next issue. We just had so much urgent news to print that a couple of the stories have been held back till the nest issue which, I am pleased to say, is already being worked on!

Best wishes to everyone,

Print this item

starter motor
Posted by: dmcdj - 08 Aug 2006, 22:20 - Forum: 3 - Electrical - Replies (12)

Hi there!

I've spoke to a few people today about starter motors. Are they hard to take out? as mine have gone a bit Pete Tonge Cry And guess what? I've done a marty headbutt on the wheel, and the third time it started!

I still need some advice if any knows about it.

Give us a ring, as i have lost most club members phone numbers. If you know me then please send me your mobile or contact details. You will have read the thread about my phone going under a truck, and the mrs not talking to me for a while!!!
Big Grin

Print this item

Outer Door Seal Adhesive
Posted by: bozzzydmc - 03 Aug 2006, 14:47 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (12)

Hi All

Has anyone got a good product for sticking new outer door seals on? Also for getting the old crud off ....Ive heard of it in the past but cant remember what it was called
( Tiger seal seems a little extreme Smile )

Print this item