Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,021
» Latest member: Simon2468
» Forum threads: 6,374
» Forum posts: 57,140

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
DOC National Annual Weeke...
Forum: DOC National Events, Car shows, AGM's and others
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
Yesterday, 16:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Chris Williams
28 Apr 2024, 09:47
» Replies: 4
» Views: 179
Lytham Hall’s Autumn Clas...
Forum: Northern England
28 Apr 2024, 09:44
» Views: 41
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Views: 57
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 248
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 57
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 67
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 257,794
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 24,961
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 449

Delorean in music vid
Posted by: MikeH - 26 Dec 2006, 12:42 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

Just flicking through music channels and i never noticed b4 that theres a delorean in mobys - we are all made of stars video Shock

Print this item

Window moters
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 24 Dec 2006, 18:33 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (3)

Hi all Just looked at Delorean europe site and he has some window moters for 30 bucks each. Is that right. Am i reading it correctly. If so why are they so expensive everywhere else. Also does anyone know where i can buy a scotch birght pad from or what ever it is you can use to tart up stainles because when i smoke i go sit in the garage and i thought it might be something i could do for the 5 minutes or so. After a month i might have done the whole car.

Print this item

Front Wheel Bearing
Posted by: NickT - 24 Dec 2006, 16:35 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - No Replies

I have a front wheel bearing for sale. Brand new in box.

I didn't need it as when I examined the hub it was wonky. I bought a new one from Ed Uding with the bearing already pressed in.

Offers or swap for something.

Regards,

NickT.

Print this item

Is this true?
Posted by: Rach J Young - 23 Dec 2006, 16:50 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (8)

My friend was told by her dad that the car for back to the future was modified for the film at Madley in herefordshire is this true? And does anybody know anymore about it? :?: Big Grin

Print this item

heat sheild
Posted by: dmcdj - 22 Dec 2006, 22:09 - Forum: 1 - Engine - Replies (7)

hi all

after looking in the engine bay tonight and having a prod around i found out i think why herman has not been flying to good as when i start it it took for ever to start well, found a cooket wire coming off the risitior tonight so i put a new spade connecotor on and also had words with Mr N T and changed the battery and started first time ( brum brum ) then had a go at tighting up the belt this has been a little saw project as i have gone though 2 belts this year me and sam think it seems to getting warm as i don,t have the shield between the esghust and the belt.
does anyone think the heat would make it looseer over a long time if so what would anyone recommend to repalce it with ..... :?:

Print this item

Fuel injector, bosch part number
Posted by: Chris Williams - 22 Dec 2006, 19:35 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (6)

Does any one have the correct Bosch part number for the injectors please? Thanks
Chris

Print this item

BTTF 1 Original Motion Picture Score
Posted by: Emagine - 22 Dec 2006, 18:05 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (6)

Hi All,

Ok bit of a trivia question really. A friend of mine bought me the "Back to the Future" Original Motion Picture Score for Christmas.

He told me it is extremely rare, apparently only 500 were printed for promotional use. As he works in the music industry I kinda believe him.

I've done a quick google search and found that they never released the original films score but that a bootleg version was floating about from "Delorean Records"

My CD is from "Universal City Studio's"
courtesy of "Universal Studios Publishing Rights"
Manufactured by "Movie Music Records"
And has a different track listing from the bootleg version.

Has anyone else got any information that would be useful? Could it be true that this is quite a rare find?

Cheers.... and Merry Christmas to one and all!

Print this item

Understanding engineers :)
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 22 Dec 2006, 11:17 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - No Replies

My boss emailed me this today - thought I'd share it with you all Big Grin

Subject: Understanding engineers

Engineers - Take One

Two engineering students were walking across a university campus when one said, "Where did you get such a great bike?"

The second engineer replied, "Well, I was walking along yesterday, minding my own business, when a beautiful woman rode up on this bike, threw it to the ground, took off all her clothes and said, "Take what you want." The second engineer nodded approvingly and said, "Good choice; the clothes probably wouldn't have fitted you anyway."

Understanding Engineers - Take Two

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Understanding Engineers - Take Three

A priest, a doctor, and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers. The engineer fumed, "What's with those blokes? We must have been waiting for fifteen minutes!"
The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such inept golf!"
The priest said, "Here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him."
He said, "Hello, George! what's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?"
The greens keeper replied, "Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters.
They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime." The group fell silent for a moment.
The priest said, "That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight."
The doctor said, "Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them."
The engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

Understanding Engineers - Take Four

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil engineers?
Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers build targets.

Understanding Engineers - Take Five

The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that?"

Understanding Engineers - Take Six

Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Understanding Engineers - Take Seven

An engineer was crossing a road one day, when a frog called out to him and said," If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket. The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a Princess, I'll stay with you for one week and do ANYTHING you want."
Again, the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, and that I'll stay with you for one week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?" The engineer said, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

Merry Christmas everyone! Big Grin

Print this item

CPR bodge
Posted by: Rottbott - 21 Dec 2006, 02:06 - Forum: 2 - Emission / Fuel Systems - Replies (19)

My car starts up really badly in the cold at the moment (so much that it flattens the battery without starting here in Lancaster), and I'm pretty sure it's due to the CPR which has been causing problems for a while. Right now it's Christmas and I won't be able to get any new parts delivered for a while, but I have a lot of driving around to do, which means I need to make the dratted thing start, so...

Martin told me a while ago there's some sort of bodge you can do to make the engine start properly despite a dodgy CPR, but I can't remember the details. Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Print this item

Service Unavailable
Posted by: Rach J Young - 21 Dec 2006, 00:24 - Forum: Forum Errors or Suggestions - Please Report Here - Replies (2)

Is it only me that kept on getting this messege come up when trying to open the page? "Service Unavailable".

Print this item