Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 3,020
» Latest member: Kristian34
» Forum threads: 6,372
» Forum posts: 57,137

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Delorean boat - BTTF
Forum: Back To The Future
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
23 Apr 2024, 11:17
» Replies: 3
» Views: 113
DOC CLUB EVENT 2024 - 20...
Forum: Midlands
Last Post: Rich Hanlon
21 Apr 2024, 08:32
» Replies: 0
» Views: 26
Ignoring marker lights la...
Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc
Last Post: Guinney1971
16 Apr 2024, 12:06
» Replies: 7
» Views: 169
Really Retro Show, Staffs...
Forum: Midlands
16 Apr 2024, 11:49
» Views: 26
BTTF DELOREAN HIRE FOR 7T...
Forum: TV/Film Hire and Work Requests
16 Apr 2024, 11:43
» Replies: 1
» Views: 41
DeLorean's For Sale On Eb...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
Last Post: Chris Williams
27 Mar 2024, 20:39
» Replies: 484
» Views: 253,748
VIN No. 1867
Forum: Members Cars
Last Post: theningiachicken
27 Mar 2024, 12:53
» Replies: 142
» Views: 23,943
NOS Front Girling Caliper...
Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted
22 Mar 2024, 20:57
» Replies: 2
» Views: 416
Bath Rotary Festival of M...
Forum: South West
15 Mar 2024, 18:02
» Views: 45
Classic Car Run Croydon, ...
Forum: Southern England
15 Mar 2024, 18:01
» Views: 47

DeLorean Front Upper Strut Bar
Posted by: Outatime - 25 Jan 2007, 00:00 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (2)

Dear all,

The US DeLorean guys have produced a Strut Bar for the D. Pilot 25 has one fitted already, and from what I heard over the states, it's a product that worth all its pennies.

I have fitted Front Upper Strut Braces on my other car, and it does help in keeping the chassis from flexing during cornering, hence reducing understeer... though the ones I bought for my car were selling at a cheaper price due to mass demand :?

It's on sale for USD 150 each and delivery with UPS would cost about USD 60. I am asking here to see if there's any one interested to do a group buy so to save on postage? I know for sure Mike Bosworth would want one (not sure if you bought one already Mike?)

I might not purchase one myself afterall (for that price I could have bought myself a genuine TRD Front Upper Strut Brace for my Yaris!) .... but mainly to show this to you guys in case it wasn't mentioned before. :wink:

Any comments, please do :wink:

[Image: DSC00744.jpg]
[Image: DSC00879.jpg]
[Image: DSC00880.jpg]
[Image: DSC00881.jpg]

Print this item

Water Pump
Posted by: Tourettes Tony - 24 Jan 2007, 18:41 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (3)

Hello all, i have taken off my old water pump due to a leak in one of the hoses and because it has become noisey. So what im after is the part# of the volvo unit and any problems that i will come up against as there are differences.
Also i have the ump at the moment :evil: cos i think that a washer which was on the turbo inlet may have got into the bore Cry so if theres any SAS out there with one of them really small cameras let me know Cry
yours in sadness TT ps i havent been crying really Smile

Print this item

DOC DVD
Posted by: alexadams1 - 24 Jan 2007, 14:10 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (1)

Any idea when a second DOC DVD will be produced?

Print this item

Set of radiator cooling fans.
Posted by: NickT - 22 Jan 2007, 22:14 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (12)

Set of non original radiator cooling fans.
The cage could do with a paint but the fans work.

PM me with any offer.

NickT.

Print this item

Brake Pads for sale.
Posted by: NickT - 22 Jan 2007, 21:27 - Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted - Replies (3)

For sale,

Full set of EBC Standard brake pads front and rear.

Supplier sent me the wrong set, not worth the price or hassle posting them back.

PM me with an offer for full set.

Regards,

NickT.

Print this item

DeLorean is considered as CRAP CARS!!!! WTH!!
Posted by: Outatime - 22 Jan 2007, 20:21 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (9)

Went to Halfords today and had a look at the calendars of cars. There's one that has a theme of CRAP CARS.

I just couldn't believe they have picked DeLorean as one of the 12 crap cars!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

[Image: DAZ814-CrapCars_main07__300x300.jpg]

Here's their explaination on the calendar (March):

Slippery conman John DeLorean always aimed to build something a bit flash. "I want people's eyes to light up when they walk through the showroom", he said, and to do this he gave his ill-fated sports car 'gullwing' dorrs that, if both were open, gave the impression of a bird in flight, and also body panels in unpainted stainless steel. Unfortunately, it turned out to be underpowered, badly-built, unexcitingto drive and - in the face of suddenly spiralling oil prices - very expensive at $25,000. Not only that but the stainless steel panels showed every speck of dust and even fingerprints, while the gullwing doors dripped rainwater on you when they were opened. And to think: all it needed to create this horror was 77 million pounds of British taxpayers' dosh...

I mean.... if the writer thinks 25000 USD is very expensive for a sports car like the DeLorean, and thinks that all other type of doors won't let rain water into the car when opened... He is probably still in kindergarden counting fingers! :twisted:

Below is the list of cars that were selected for the calendar in month order:

Lotus Elite S1
Aston Martin Lagonda
DeLorean DMC-12 :?: :?: :?:
Goggomobil TS300
Princess
VW Porsche 914
Reliant Rialto
Bond Bug
Vauxhall Viva HC
Renault Rodeo
Tatra T613
Triumph Stag

Print this item

Hand Held Mobile Phones in Cars....
Posted by: Guinney1971 - 22 Jan 2007, 19:59 - Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc - Replies (39)

Hi all,

for those of you who havent seen this on the news today, if you are now caught by the Police using a hand held phone (I assume this also applies to CB Radios), its now no longer just a £30 fine, but its now £60 fine and 3 penalty points on your licence.

Whilst I'm sure every one on here is law abiding and uses either hands free kits or pulls over safely to make/receive a call, this info is worth knowing.

Its also worth checking your tyres, as a defective tyre can cost you 3 penalty points on your licence too - just think, 4 defective tyres = bye bye driving licence! Shock

Print this item

Child Seat in a DeLorean
Posted by: Birksie - 21 Jan 2007, 21:46 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (11)

I know this has been done before, as ive seen a photo of it. But does anyone know how to fit a child seat into a deloreans rear shelf (Center)?
If I remember right it was an owner from belgium who had already done this (Possibly Belgium).

Print this item

Headlining material
Posted by: Dan Howarth - 20 Jan 2007, 18:21 - Forum: 8 - Frame / Body / Interior - Replies (8)

Hi all does anyone know where you can buy headlining material from. You know the stuff with the sponge on the back. And please don't anyone say Pj grady's or DmC. Surely you can still buy it or something like it from a upholsterers somewhere and i was wondering if anyone knew of one that was any good. Cheers

Print this item

How to post images on the forum
Posted by: Chris Hawes - 20 Jan 2007, 13:16 - Forum: Forum Updates and Advice - Replies (1)

How to share photos with the group:

Make sure your photo will fit on the screen without people having to scroll around. The easiest way to do this is to use windows explorer to find your photo. It should show the image dimensions (width x height), if the height is more than 500 then resize the image so the height is a maximum of 500. From windows explorer right click on the photo and select open with open with and then Microsoft image composer. From the tools menu select arrange, then amend the scale to have height of 500 and press apply. The select file and ‘save as’ to save the resized image.

You now need to put the photo on the web, if you don’t have your own web site your best bet is to use www.photobucket.com or any photo hosting site where you do not have to be signed in to view other people’s photos (ie not yahoo).

For a guide on how to use photobucket to add your photos to the forum see http://www.jensencv8.com/images/photosmart.pdf

If you are not using photobucket:

Make a note of the web address for the photo (eg http://www.jensencv8.com/images/DSCF7001a.jpg) make sure you include the http:// bit.

You are now ready to add your photo to the forum, go to the members cars section http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17 and click new topic. Enter something suitable in the subject and then press the IMG button (below the subject line). Paste the web address you noted above, and then press the IMG* button (flip / flops between IMG and IMG*).

You will then have something that looks like:

[Image: DSCF7001a.jpg]

You can enter some text about your car below the photo or wherever you want.

Press preview to make sure your photos appears OK and then submit.

Print this item