The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: VIN 12306 'Auryn' : RHD rebuild
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Dean's car that is now owned by Stuart Rees's father is the LPG one I believe it was done by
Tinley Tech in East Anglia.

We've been looking into LPG conversions on our De's for some time, but ideally we'd want to replace
the petrol tank with an LPG tank, and have a smaller petrol tank (probably) mounted in the spare wheel
well.

Custom LPG tanks are very hard to source, as they tend to be either cylinder or toroidal tanks, and we've
yet to find a decent sized tank that would fit in the space where the petrol tank currently goes.

Our Avantime V6 runs on LPG, the conversion cost £1500 and it paid for itself in 10,000 miles in fuel savings
- it actually means we can afford to drive the car nowadays, and on a recent trip 'back home' to go to a
funeral, I was getting 33mpg on the motorway, and overall, just shy of 50 litres (just
under £35) lasted me nearly 300 miles. My old Omega was LPG too, but that was worse on fuel then the
Avantime bizarrely, but then again it was only a 2.0 16v Auto, so wasnt really as efficient as a 2.5 V6 version,
which in hindsight, I wish I'd bought instead of the 2.0 version.

Have to say though, I'm really chuffed with my Grand Scenic diesel, love it to bits, and cant wait to take it
on holiday to France later this year Smile
Progress on AURYN has resumed with Chris back from the US. Have decided to go with stock brakes and wheels for now, might upgrade them next year depending on what happens with Welmoed's project etc. Will put on a 50/50 split master cylinder though.

The car is booked in to go to Ed's for engine fitting and tuning on Monday 12th August; I plan to tow her over myself with Chris hitching a lift in the Vehicross (Chris is needed for the first day to do some stainless work). The car should be back by the end of the month. With some final detail work I'm hoping to get AURYN on the road by the end of September.

Apologies about not getting the details together about spare parts yet, some of it is still up in the air. I will post a list of all spares left over from the build next month and eBay them if no-one here wants them.
as a thought, how about volunteering the car for the Club Stand at the NEC in November?
Guinney1971 Wrote:as a thought, how about volunteering the car for the Club Stand at the NEC in November?

I did, I'm the most recent poster in the relevant thread. Smile
yeah, saw that after I'd posted lol, that'll teach me to scroll down the page answering
threads in top to bottom order :oops:
Front fascia is on (not painted yet);

[Image: front-fascia_zps1f3ddc72.jpg]

Made out of fibreglass by Chris Nicholson, so no eyebrows Smile
Is that Chris's own design/build or one of the new DMCH reproduced items?
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:Is that Chris's own design/build or one of the new DMCH reproduced items?
Chris

Chris designed and made it; also the stainless mounting hardware. Seems to fit perfectly with the panels.
Top marks to that man Big Grin probably better than the DMC reproduced ones as they have 'issues' with changing the lights if you need to.
Chris
thats coming on a treat now, how much longer till she's on the road do you think?
Guinney1971 Wrote:thats coming on a treat now, how much longer till she's on the road do you think?

Current hold-up is that Michael Bosworth aka bozzydmc has disappeared. I paid him online for the engine cover and louvres, then he didn't turn up at the agreed collection (or warn me he wouldn't be there). Kept saying he'd get back to me and then went quiet. I said I'd collect from his home if necessary but he hasn't answered email or phone for over two weeks. Does anyone have his postal address or any other way of getting in contact with him?
Starglider Wrote:Made out of fibreglass by Chris Nicholson, so no eyebrows Smile

Anyone not familiar with DeLorean vernacular might wonder why Chris Nicholson has no eyebrows as a result of working with fibreglass! :lol:
Starglider Wrote:
Guinney1971 Wrote:thats coming on a treat now, how much longer till she's on the road do you think?

Current hold-up is that Michael Bosworth aka bozzydmc has disappeared. I paid him online for the engine cover and louvres, then he didn't turn up at the agreed collection (or warn me he wouldn't be there). Kept saying he'd get back to me and then went quiet. I said I'd collect from his home if necessary but he hasn't answered email or phone for over two weeks. Does anyone have his postal address or any other way of getting in contact with him?

that's a bit worrying, apparently he's just sold his BTTF replica, but I don't have any contact info
as he's not been a member for several years.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
stunned_monkey Wrote:
Starglider Wrote:Made out of fibreglass by Chris Nicholson, so no eyebrows Smile

Anyone not familiar with DeLorean vernacular might wonder why Chris Nicholson has no eyebrows as a result of working with fibreglass! :lol:

HA-HA!!!! :lol:

Maybe it's because of the glue?
Another slight hitch; the company that claimed they could fit a towbar to my 4x4 actually can't. They announced on the day it was supposed to be fitted that none were available anywhere. The Audi has been sold now so I have no tow vehicle to get the car over to Ed. Fortunately I had no problem ordering a compatible bar (from a shop in Bristol) but I'll have to fit it DIY. Wiring is straightforward but I should probably get the local garage to safety check it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21