And Happy Birthday Smile
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Happy bday Chrispy!
Not sure - we're in NY next week for a week, and then I start a new job - maybe around April?
(23 Jan 2019, 14:35)Chris P Wrote: I'm hoping so Stewart, but have not 'seriously' enquired until I have got an MOT in my hands.

It only had the AXI 1699 number on it, whilst at the Factory and for about 2 years in total......but has been MGJ 126Y for the last 36 years!

I'm not 100% sure which number would best on the car!     Any Ideas folks?  Undecided

If it’s possible it has to be AXI..... If not you have your answer!
DavidB

VIN# - Pending
2022 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2019 Tesla Model 3 LRAWD
2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 5hs PHEV

A little update...still working on the brakes, my refurbished Brake servo's and master cylinder arrived yesterday , made a start fitting them, but packing for my holidays is more urgent!  Wink

The brakes have probably been the biggest challenge. "living the outdoor life" as Matt puts it has taken its toll. I've had to replace or restore every single part of the braking system. Still not quite finished, due to holidays intervening, but nearly so.

Getting stuff 'to bits' was the biggest challenge ...you don't just pop a spanner on it and off you go!! Oh no, every single nut bolt and washer was sized up solid. A lengthy and tedious series of.... WD40.... Heat gun....hammers and spanners, etc. has eventually won through. But I wouldn't have liked to tackle the job without a lift......and lots of spare time. One hasty action and you end up with something 'snapped off'. Angry   That hasn't happened, i've been careful, if long-winded. You have to be a bit like a Doctor..... "First do no harm".

Everything that needed to come to bits, has been, and put back together with oil or copper grease etc. Rolleyes

If only the Waxoyl that was used on the top of the engine (30 years ago) had been sprayed underneath the car....this job would have been done months ago. Still...on the final lap now.  More later. Smile

More later...BTW we have a local club member and good chum who is looking for a standard silencer...Can anyone help?

Attached Files Image(s)

Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 

Got a bit of re-plating done, Zinc and yellow.....rough cost at most platers would be about £40-50, but doesn't it make a difference! Big Grin
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Certainly surprisingly cheaper than the equivalent cost for powder-coating which is my recent experience.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
But more importantly Richard.....its as the factory did it!

Not I slavishly want everything to look 'Factory'....but as you say, if it doesn't cost shedloads of money and it looks good why not?

I regularly fit self-bleeders, better exhaust systems, better otterstat pipes, battery isolating switches, upgraded springs, better electrical relays and LED bulbs etc.  These make the car more useable, but most of them 'Joe public' wouldn't spot.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(23 Jun 2019, 07:55)Chris P Wrote: But more importantly Richard.....its as the factory did it!

Indeed, if one is doing them anyway, then they might as well be 'right'.
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
As Sir Henry Royce used to say... "what ever is rightly done, however humble, is noble".

(He used to live about a mile away from my house).

https://www.azquotes.com/author/48176-Henry_Royce  Angel
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
For those of you who like the headlight trims fitted to the AXI cars, I see D go now have them in stock

https://www.deloreango.com/uk/parts/elec...html#&p=10

I like these trims, 

Matt Clarke first reproduced these.....as you know they were only fitted by the factory on two cars....AXI 1697 and AXI 1699. ...and now AXI 1698!    But I suspect they would have been an option later on.

Regards to fixing them, I would go with the screwed one...that how they were done at the factory.  But as you won't have a very thick piece of plastic bumper to screw into, I'd use a weak double sided tape as well.

Remember you will probably have to grind off bits of the back, to make them fit properly...before fitting permanently.

Yes you would have to remove them again, if you need to remove the headlight...but how many times do you need to do that?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
From what I've seen on FB, James Russell-Grant is remaking the headlight trims and then DGo are selling them on.

Sad to see Delores up for sale again ChrisP, she's always been such a special car to you.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Quite correct Claire.

Matt is so busy with his day job they agreed James RG should make them.

The patterns were taken off Nigel's, AXI 1697 ..shortly after we met up at Bletchley Park.

Yes Claire, but I think 20 years ownership is probably enough for AXI 1698.

And I want to put some  miles on MGJ next year.....and get a few more holidays in as well!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
It'll be 17yrs tomorrow that 'Flopsy' has been in my physical ownership, hopefully next year we can make a start on the rebuild.......
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
            A little update folks.....two steps forward, one step back!  

I was a little careless yesterday. Now I've finally bolted on the refurbished Master cylinder, and last servo, all that was needed was to bleed the brakes! .....easy..?

I usually use one of those device's that pressurise the brake fluid with air from your spare wheel.  Not normally a problem......except when you forget that it was pumped to to 50 psi , so I could push the car easily around my garage!  Result?  It blew of the plastic fitting off the top of the master cylinder and sprayed brake fluid all over the place....incuding my recently scrubbed garage floor! Blush

I'll have another go tomorrow!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian