The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: VIN#6126 Chassis restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Seems I was photographed without my knowledge at a recent show. Like this one  unusual shot. Its from Instagram, my cousin sent it me  Smile.

[attachment=1370]
(12 Oct 2022, 16:34)Rich Hanlon Wrote: [ -> ]Seems I was photographed without my knowledge at a recent show. Like this one  unusual shot. Its from Instagram, my cousin sent it me  Smile.

a photo tells 1000 words Rich and this is one of them. definitely a contender for the calendar Big Grin
A lovely photo Richard...
Lovely photo Rich, btw, I think that's my friend Mark's Cavalier Mk2 parked next to.
Ha, I wouldn't be surprised, I did think of you when I ended up next to a Cavalier!!
It's quite a distinctive Mk2 SRi he's got, that's why I thought it might be his.
grat plate...

i wanted the Axi that Chris P had too....though could not justify the spends at present....
[attachment=1371]

AXI 881 could be available to a club member for about £1200....its a nice plate and would look good on lots of cars.
I've had that since about 2015! Random ebay find at the time, it was pictured on a Micra. I wanted an AXI as that was Belfast 1981.
Colour change: decided it was a bit too bronze after all. PVC paint has limited colours but the flexibility was excellent so had some remixed in more of a gunmetal which is closer. Many more coats to add but this is after the first:

[attachment=1401]

Rear, straightened and painted.

[attachment=1403]

[attachment=1402]
Well done yet again Richard.....you always end up doing the stuff I'd planned to do, but never got around to! And with a compact work space.....well done yet again. BTW, I have some a couple of damaged facias that COULD be repaired if anyone is desperate for one.

And at the risk of hijacking your thread Richard .......I happed across a podcast of me rambling on, from years ago....some of our newer members may not have heard my "words or wisdom!".....or the ramblings of an old man...you decide!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/uk...38743?mt=2
Hah, thanks Chris - it's taken me much longer to 'get round to it' that it ought to have. Life eh?!

Once it's all back together I have some minor mid-range hesitancy to investigate, starting with the injectors/ jamjars experiment I think.
If you do need new injectors, I found new genuine Bosch ones, readily available on eBay at a very good price....
All back together again for 2023, hesitancy sorted too (timing had wandered!). Liking the new colour, closer to original.  
[attachment=1418]
They look great, Phill has got Sorbet's front fascia stripped ready for repainting,
just waiting for him to be fit enough after his fall to be able to do it - plus we need
to get some paint - your colour looks spot on, where did you get it from?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16