The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: VIN#6126 Chassis restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start em young Richard....
Got my pics back... [emoji16][attachment=939]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

.[attachment=940]

Lovely Rich, makes you not want to put it back together doesn't it..
And.....

She's down!!

Yep, that's 12:45am.[attachment=941][Image: e57884ce576811be300ae5455bb914f8.jpg]

well done indeed Richard!   Smile
Fantastic work Rich, hang onto those blocks and wood, we'll need to borrow them soon (lockdown permitting) Smile
[attachment=949]

[attachment=948]

[attachment=950]

Been  a while folks..
 Lots of fiddly bits done which are time consuming but not really post worthy.
However the recent main news is stripped, repainted and refitted fascias. Best they've ever been. Tried s new PVC based paint system which came recommended for flexible applications.

Steering column assembly was one of the most difficult bits to date. Lots of plumbing and wring. Thought I had lost the lambda sensor but it turned up just as I was about to order a new one.
Driveshafts also evaded detection for a few days but they materialised in a box in the shed disguised as painting and decorating gear!

I have cut the new rear fascia paint with compound, need to do the front and wax both of them.

Managed to refit one of said driveshafts today too between the non vehicular jobs I was officially supposed to be doing.
Looks fantastic! Not much more to do now.

Loving the centrally heated garage as well !
Thanks - and good spot! 

Rad was second hand for £10 and I ran a couple of pipes through the wall from the house. It's at the end of the run though so it only gets warmish, sadly.
13th March 2020

[attachment=960]

14th March 2021:

[attachment=961]

And today she starts and runs for the first time since 2016 . 

One year and one day since picking the chassis up.

Happy chappy here. Honestly thought this day would never come.
Fantastic! Well done Richard. Been great watching its progress
Thank you Ian! Yes it was quite a moment have it run for a short time.

The family marked my landmark moment with complete indifference.   Dodgy

Only ran for a few secs as the water system isn't finished yet but the exhaust formerly of yours sounded fine. Much better and less crusty than what it replaced!

Getting the last outstanding clips today to finish off the water system, then can have a longer run. Probably Friday.
Belated congratulations Richard.......how can anyone not be moved ....when you get a car running after years of standing...or after major repairs.. Smile its a wonderful, unforgettable moment......for most of us.
Looking good Rich. Just goes to show typically how long one can expect to take their car off the road for a chassis off job if it's to be done properly. I'm interested to learn myself about the best new modern approach to bumper repainting. My bumpers are awful, and really pull down the whole appearance of the car. I'm hoping to get them repainted/refinished at some point over the next few years....if you can enlighten my to what you have learned.
thats brilliant Rich, so pleased to see this one nearly back on the road after so long.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16