The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Luke's BTTF Car Based In Leeds, West Yorks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Guinney1971 Wrote:great pics Luke, I loved watching Catchphrase back in the day Smile

Cheers Claire Smile I didn't want to hassle/beg any of the celebs and force them in the car unlike some, but he was loving it!

I used to love watching that show with family, absolute classic!
lukebrynycz Wrote:I used to love watching that show with family, absolute classic!

yeah, especially when the partial reveal would show Mr Chips' hand moving in a
'certain' way like in this classic episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtM0-ZFwiNo
Guinney1971 Wrote:
lukebrynycz Wrote:I used to love watching that show with family, absolute classic!

yeah, especially when the partial reveal would show Mr Chips' hand moving in a
'certain' way like in this classic episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtM0-ZFwiNo

Lmao! When I saw that snake and Roy's reaction, I was in histerics! I asked him about that actually. He said it was so hard to keep composed. Smile
I bet it was, I can remember watching that with my mum and dad, and we were all
in fits of laughter, jeez that must have been over 20yrs ago now!
Someone who recorded some footage for me was kind enough to supply me the unedited 1080p recordings, so thought I'd use my lunch times wisely whilst the rain's here :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjwffYqnmdM[/youtube]
It was recently brought to my attention that I made front cover of classic car weekly, and part of me was happy, but part of me was quite disgusted..

On the whole, it was good entertainment from my exaggerated eBay advertisement after my original one. I thought it would be quite funny to put a ridiculous figure on it, and see what happens. The part I'm extremely naffed off about, was their quotation marks with things that I just simply wouldn't have said, EVER. They quoted me saying that it cost more than 250k to build, which severely wound me up.

Those that know me personally (quite a few of you now! Smile ) would naturally realise this was a typical case of a magazine hyping things for their own gain, but those that don't, I can assure you that those quotes were completely incorrect. I emailed their support email, to which I never received a response. If it wasn't a kind hearted feature, I would have taken it further that's for sure.. :x

Just thought I'd clarify that, as a few people will of course read that mag. Brian mentioned it to me, so thought it best I clear it up.
Quote:Just thought I'd clarify that, as a few people will of course read that mag.
cant say I had seen it myself, but will lookout for it now!
Quote:The part I'm extremely naffed off about, was their quotation marks with things that I just simply wouldn't have said, EVER.
All part and parcel of magazines/tv etc I'm afraid...I wouldn't worry about it people who are in the know, will realise it's magazine hype.
Chris
I havent seen it either, but then again the only magazine I buy now is Alphablocks, oh the joys of a
4yr old lol

I got my fingers burnt with 'Real People' magazine who did a feature with me and the car when I was heavily
pregnant with Kezia, they took everything I said out of context, and wrote some trashy feature using language
that anyone who knows me, knows I would never have said of phrased in such a way.

Cringeworthy aint the word....................
Wich issue would this be? I can't find it on the website ...
I'll make a scan of the article if you like, for those who are interested in seeing it.
Feel free to do that Mike Smile I was going to post your quick scan of it you sent over on FB, but didn't know if it linked to a personal image host etc.
Guinney1971 Wrote:I havent seen it either, but then again the only magazine I buy now is Alphablocks, oh the joys of a
4yr old lol

I got my fingers burnt with 'Real People' magazine who did a feature with me and the car when I was heavily
pregnant with Kezia, they took everything I said out of context, and wrote some trashy feature using language
that anyone who knows me, knows I would never have said of phrased in such a way.

Cringeworthy aint the word....................

It's annoying ain't it. We can't complain too much though, we get a little attention and they get a good article. I guess it's just normal these days for them to big things up a bit. I just wanted to fully clarify that not one of those comments was mine. I hate talking about money, if people ask how much it's worth as their first question, I say £2k then just politely move on.
lukebrynycz Wrote:Feel free to do that Mike Smile I was going to post your quick scan of it you sent over on FB, but didn't know if it linked to a personal image host etc.
I'll bring it into work next week and make a proper scan of it.
MikeWard Wrote:
lukebrynycz Wrote:Feel free to do that Mike Smile I was going to post your quick scan of it you sent over on FB, but didn't know if it linked to a personal image host etc.
I'll bring it into work next week and make a proper scan of it.

8)
This was emailed to me a couple of weeks ago from classic cars for sale.co.uk

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/new ... tt1=&att2=

I guess this sparked the topic...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Delorean-Time ... 7675.l2557
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20