Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean in Cornwall ( Redruth) BTTF
hi

link not working :?:
Hi Glen

Sorry I did put in the text at the top that he had taken the site down now.

It was just easier to copy his original post!

Cheers
The most obvious thing that points it out to me as being a fake is that as far as I know in all the films you cannot see the exhaust tail pipes because they were deliberately obscured for the filming, yet with this car you clearly can.

Add to that the incorrect bonnet and a few details on the time circuitry not looking quite right and it's definitely a fake.

I think either the guy is lying about how much was paid for this to make it sound more credible or if he really did pay that for it then he's a mug.

Having said that it's a better copy than most as I Emailed that Speakman chap a while ago to point out that the car he'd been touting as from the films wasn't, and he didn't seem to believe me. All I would say is that Mr. Speakman's car hasn't even had the rear quarter windows removed and anyone that knows their BTTF cars knows that there are no windows in the rear of the car. Schoolboy stuff really but you can't tell some folk.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Yes, this isn't the film car (s). It's quite obvious.

There's been discussion about this on DMCtalk. I spoke to a chap who restored the cars after the third film. Can't find the thread or the PMs.

sigh

Will update you if I find anything.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
I went to see it.....

Mmmm.. IMHO the chassis isnt very good, if that car was roadgoing it would need to be sorted... I'll see how well my pics came out and maybe post them up.

I did manage to get quite close as the rope barrier was down one side, although I has some strange looks whilst I peered underneath.

Needless to say we now all know it isnt a Universal car.

As for Lord Speakmans car, well... it has side stripes and had a black interior....and if my memory serves me correctly the pop singer he bought it from is non other than Martin Fillery who is definitely not a pop singer and who a few people on this forum have heard of in the past.

When he finally had that car for sale, I had a friend who wanted it, after speaking with him, then getting the truth about the car and him from a couple of different people, I advised my friend to wait, and he did..

Then I told him about the Explodaview car, and he went and bought it.

Hello Mike S...longtime
I think for a bargain BTTF car - and one actually used in one of the films then the one sold at Bonhams in L.A would have been the best bet. Sold for $35k in 2005. see below........

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi ... leNo=13278

In doing some recent research on movie cars for sale, it seems that we can buy the real thing for less! The men in black police car, solely used in the film is currently up for sale at £4k in Chicago. Crazy!
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
$35,000? nuts.

sorry to be a geek, but the only time the car had wheels (and tyres) it had the white walls. the lot details talk of retractable wheels

ahh well. could have been from the second film? maybe
- Dave Smith

From the Barris Collection ?

If thats the 'Barris' im thinking off then it probably didnt go anywhere near the film set ...
yeah:

"This car was approved by the Universal Publicity Department for exhibition usage"

makes me think former ride/publicity car.
- Dave Smith

That whole listing is a mess - the car didn't fly in the 3rd film, and a 1/5th (ish) scale model was used for all the flying FX sequences. The only "real" car that "flew" was a fibreglass car that was hoisted up by crane for a practical shot with actors. The fibreglass car was trash, just panels bolted to a skeleton, and was almost falling apart in the film.

I wonder what the $35k got them...
Hello Mike S...longtime[/quote]

Hi Alistair. It has indeed been a long time; too long.

I hope you're well.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
hi

i will back mark on that one about the flying ones speaking to a friend who works there that story matches that but this year at the nec we might evan see one fly ......
Big Grin
Still going Mike....!!

Good to see your still around.

Are you any closer to getting a De Lorean?
A Van Wrote:Still going Mike....!!

Good to see your still around.

Are you any closer to getting a De Lorean?

Ha ha. Yeah I'm still here mate. Same old same old.

I've just been promoted at work so I thought I might be finally within reach of realising my dream, but after the day I've had today I'm now in two minds about whether it's worth it for the money.

There isn't much I wouldn't do to own a DeLorean, but everyone has a limit don't they I suppose.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Ahhh one of those days..

Well there is a limit, but sometimes you wake up and the limit moves a little higher!

Cheers