Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean in Cornwall ( Redruth) BTTF
A Van Wrote:Ahhh one of those days..

Well there is a limit, but sometimes you wake up and the limit moves a little higher!

Cheers

Very true.

In fact I went to visit Mike Bosworth today and seeing his car has made me decide to try and take on the job and give it my best over the next week, and if it's still as bad after that I'll have to have a serious think.

I suppose I can't moan too much though because if we didn't have aspirations there'd be nothing to get us out of bed to go to work on a Saturday.

It's a strange old world.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Hi mate

What job is it you are are doing?

Remember many jobs are still 9-5, when you get in and walk into the garage all is forgotten................

Sadly I havent had a 9-5 for over 6 years..........Smile but the financials more that compensates.
I know how you feel Al !

NickT
A Van Wrote:Hi mate

What job is it you are are doing?

Remember many jobs are still 9-5, when you get in and walk into the garage all is forgotten................

Sadly I havent had a 9-5 for over 6 years..........Smile but the financials more that compensates.

Hi Al,

I work for a shipping company in Immingham, and just before Christmas I was promoted to the Import department, which I have since found is immensely stressful.

I haven't had my new salary negotiated yet but it will definitely be more than I was on in my old department, and therein lies my dilemma.

Do I suffer a job that can have long hours and make me depressed 5 or 6 days a week but pays well, or decline the opportunity and go back to how things were a few weeks ago for less money and virtually no stress.

It's a difficult one.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
mike

so your the one to blame when i keep getting stopet at Big Grin customs Big Grin with the back to the future car on the back

it allways happens to me :roll:
mikesumner Wrote:Do I suffer a job that can have long hours and make me depressed 5 or 6 days a week but pays well, or decline the opportunity and go back to how things were a few weeks ago for less money and virtually no stress.

It's a difficult one.

mikesumner Wrote:Do I suffer a job that can have long hours and make me depressed 5 or 6 days a week but pays well, or decline the opportunity and go back to how things were a few weeks ago for less money and virtually no stress.
It's a difficult one.

I had a reasonable well paid sales job, nice company car changed every 6-months, good commision and profit share scheme but it was 8-6 Monday to Saturday.

The job and stress was starting to get me down, so once I got my mortgage sorted and had the DMC in the garage I kissed goodbye to that company and started my own small business whilst working part time. (the mediterranean BBQ Co.) www.medbbq.co.uk

I now work part time for Adnams selling wine in a retail outlet, not great money, but great fun, educational and no stress, 4 days per week, with a few extra pennies from selling DeLorean parts etc...

Not much loose change in my pocket, but all the bills are paid on time and other than the mortgage man i don't owe anyone a penny, I am quite content.

I like the old saying "don't live to work, work to live."
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:

It's a difficult one.

It's a difficult one.

I had a reasonable well paid sales job, nice company car changed every 6-months, good commision and profit share scheme but it was 8-6 Monday to Saturday.

The job and stress was starting to get me down, so once I got my mortgage sorted and had the DMC in the garage I kissed goodbye to that company and started my own small business whilst working part time. (the mediterranean BBQ Co.) www.medbbq.co.uk

I now work part time for Adnams selling wine in a retail outlet, not great money, but great fun, educational and no stress, 4 days per week, with a few extra pennies from selling DeLorean parts etc...

Not much loose change in my pocket, but all the bills are paid on time and other than the mortgage man i don't owe anyone a penny, I am quite content.

I like the old saying "don't live to work, work to live."

I agree with every single word of what you've said there.

If I could follow even a fraction of the path that you have I would be content too.

I've decided to tolerate the new job to the end of the week (while trying to make a few of my own changes along the way to improve things), and if at the end of the week it's still just as stressful and depressing then I'll have to have a long think.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
Looks like the press working overtime again on the so called 'original' DeLorean, and 'used in the filming' spiel...http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/forum-ar...ic_id=9181