Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When importing your DMC, did you view it in person?
Best of luck saving mate, its gonna take me best part of a few years I recon! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do 'freelance', designer?.. something similar haha? Big Grin
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Jonny Jones Wrote:Best of luck saving mate, its gonna take me best part of a few years I recon! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do 'freelance', designer?.. something similar haha? Big Grin

I'm from Belfast and I came to London in 2000, when I got here I got a job straight away and was in that job until earlier this year - nearly 7 years, I was designing and artworking DVD packaging for the major movie companies, also posters and publication advertising.

I left them this year and have set up a ltd company, i'm freelancing myself in the city on a long term contract for a company - designing and artworking ads for people like Orange and Renault.

I also have a studio at home where I publish a local publiaction, this is also a new contract - so thing are going ok at the moment, just very very very busy Cry

My small website can be found here:

http://www.paulmclarnon.com

good luck with the business venture, hope it all works out for you - sounds like its going ok so far! Smile

I'm sure, that there is some 'tax thingy' where you can claim some sort of tax benefit for using a classic car...... cant remember the exact details, but I remember something a couple of years ago about people buying old Jags and stuff instead of having a new company Beemer or Mondeo because they would pay less tax on it.

Could be worth investigating further Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:good luck with the business venture, hope it all works out for you - sounds like its going ok so far! Smile

I'm sure, that there is some 'tax thingy' where you can claim some sort of tax benefit for using a classic car...... cant remember the exact details, but I remember something a couple of years ago about people buying old Jags and stuff instead of having a new company Beemer or Mondeo because they would pay less tax on it.

Could be worth investigating further Smile

Thank you for the words of support, i've got a pic of a D12 right infront of me at my home studio on the wall as motivation Smile I also night put up a themometer type graphic to represent how close I am to my target and update it every so often Big Grin

I think if I say i'm using the car for promotional purposes for my comapny (ie stickers on the vehicle etc) that I can do something with the tax (i'll need to talk to my accountant) Smile

My goal is £15,000 as a total figure including the import etc, hopefully this should be enough to buy and import a good/decent example, i'm also willing to spend money on storage and upkeeps and updates etc.

Fingers crossed, just glad i'm now using the DOC's forum, you guys and gals seem like a friendly and very helpful bunch Smile
Paul

Welcome to the Delorean Family, Because that what it is!

And you dont have to be a owner to join the club

Just the love for the car and it's history.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
neal Wrote:Paul

Welcome to the Delorean Family, Because that what it is!

And you dont have to be a owner to join the club

Just the love for the car and it's history.

Ever since seeing the car in the Ulster folk and Transport museum at an early age i've wanted one, one of my friends dad's also worked in the factory many moons ago. I visited detroit for 2 months when i was 17 (1997) on a cross-comunity trip from Belfast, we stayed in dorms at a collage and alot of the students had internships at the big motor companies - one guy worked for GM and drove a DMC12, he had one in his garden for parts and one on the road.

He took me for a drive in that car, which just reinforced my desire to own one.

Now i'm in a better position than i've ever been in to stat putting the capital aside to purchase one, it'll be a long hard graft but worthwhile I think Smile

What part of Belfast are you in? Smile
I lived in Antrim town at the time I worked at Delorean. now I live in North Belfast.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

neal Wrote:I lived in Antrim town at the time I worked at Delorean. now I live in North Belfast.

North Befast? you don't mind me asking where abouts? Smile
Have to pm you, on that one.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

I imported my delorean without see it by myself Smile

The car was on dmcnews, i contacted the owner and asked him a lot of other photos, then arranged the deal and a shipment company brang the car to me... and i was lucky the car was like in the photos Tongue
except needing a new radiator ey?
DOC 527
Vin #10264
well in fact the old radiator was ok, but i broke his plastic during the first coolant change...
Busy busy man indeed! Im sure you'll have the funds in no time at all by the sounds of things!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk