Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEC Classic Car Show 2022, 2022 AGM Notification.
Quote:I've also been thinking about glass display cabinets. I'll keep my eyes peeled and I'm happy to collect and store something until next time. Do we have a budget or am I looking for freebies only? Also, what sort of size?
Yehh, I discussed this with Matt who has a real hoard of DeLorean stuff (as have others) Unfortunately he's in the same moving house boat as me. He would love to display it but it does come down to displaying the items safely and securely. I did look into hiring display cabinets but the cost was bonkers (well over £300 per smallish unit per weekend) He found some glass display ones that were not that expensive from IKEA but what do we do with them at the end? Appreciate your offer but transportation then becomes the issue for them?
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
The IKEA ones were sort of a worst case option as they are cheap - and lockable with a bit of modifying - but not really designed to be taken apart or moved around. I don't really know what the options are. Most of the smallest stuff in the archive is the size of an A4 sheet and the rest quite a lot bigger, which is actually quite a lot of space. The counter-style ones are definitely the best option in terms of being able to display things.

I may have an opportunity to buy these via work at some point before next year's show At the very least I can definitely get the flags/signage re-done and printed at work - at the moment there's about 9 different versions of the club logo on everything and it would really smarten the stand up to get it all unified (additionally it should go on any new merch going forward)

Anyway, good to see people albeit briefly - ideal world my car will be on the stand next year but who knows! At the very least I should be able to help out more.