The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
NEC Classic Car Show 2022, 2022 AGM Notification. - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: NEC Classic Car Show 2022, 2022 AGM Notification. (/showthread.php?tid=6313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

NEC Classic Car Show 2022, 2022 AGM Notification. - Chris Williams - 29 Jun 2022

Hi All
It's that time of year that I'm on the cadge for volunteers for exhibiting cars at the indoor NEC classic cars how in November, There's already a post in the members section and in the last club mag for discount tickets. But as ever I really need cars and people who would be happy to supply a car (or parts of) for display. We are always fortunate to be swamped with visitors who love to admire our cars and it's actually a really good (if long) weekend.
Feel free to contact me off line via PM or email if you prefer not to respond publicly.
The 2022 AGM will also be held on Sunday at 3.15 this will be an abridged version of our AGM due to lack of interest. Feel free to come along or put your ideas/suggestions forward to me.
Thanks in advance
Chris

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - samp5679 - 29 Jun 2022

(29 Jun 2022, 20:32)Chris Williams Wrote: Hi All
It's that time of year that I'm on the cadge for volunteers for exhibiting cars at the indoor NEC classic cars how in November, There's already a post in the members section and in the last club mag for discount tickets. But as ever I really need cars and people who would be happy to supply a car (or parts of) for display. We are always fortunate to be swamped with visitors who love to admire our cars and it's actually a really good (if long) weekend.
Feel free to contact me off line via PM or email if you prefer not to respond publicly.
Thanks in advance
Chris

I would be interested in displaying my car 1983 Year vin 16195

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Rich Hanlon - 30 Jun 2022

Hi Chris, happy to volunteer myself and the car again. Rich

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Rissy - 30 Jun 2022

Oooh, with the fact my car is running, and it wont have to be SORNd in November, I too could be tempted to fill a gap if required. Bearing in mind that my bumpers are a bit shabby. My alloys could do with some attention too, but not awful. I wouldn't like to let the marque owners down by showing up in something less than show condition if people would get upset though.

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - theningiachicken - 30 Jun 2022

(29 Jun 2022, 20:32)Chris Williams Wrote: Hi All
Thanks in advance
Chris

count me in with 5222  Big Grin should be very presentable as a newly finished restoration, currently working on a scrap book of the restoration too just in case.

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Guinney1971 - 30 Jun 2022

I think it will be nice to have some different cars this year of varying conditions, and Williams
would be a great example of a newly restored car.

Maybe in a few years, #2292 will be finished and able to attend showing off her new V8 engine.....

My1989 Cavalier is going on the Cavalier & Chevette Club Stand this year, so hopefully
we'll be close enough that I can share my time between the two stands.

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Chris Williams - 01 Jul 2022

Quote:I think it will be nice to have some different cars this year of varying conditions, and Williams

would be a great example of a newly restored car.
Totally agree, but we are dependent on what/who volunteers. It is a major commitment (and personal expense) I would really like a BTTF car if anyone want's to volunteer. We haven't had one for a while.
Chris

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Matt Clark - 06 Jul 2022

A reminder that I have a museum's worth of stuff that tell the whole story of the company arguably better than a third or fourth car would, if some display cabinets could be arranged...

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Chris Williams - 06 Jul 2022

Quote:A reminder that I have a museum's worth of stuff that tell the whole story of the company arguably better than a third or fourth car would, if some display cabinets could be arranged...
Good shout, the cabinets would be the issue. I know we can rent them from the on-site companies. I will make some enquiries.
Chris

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Chris P - 08 Jul 2022

[attachment=1334]All being well my car should be in the auction ..... so another one on site.

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Matt Clark - 12 Jul 2022

(06 Jul 2022, 19:49)Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:A reminder that I have a museum's worth of stuff that tell the whole story of the company arguably better than a third or fourth car would, if some display cabinets could be arranged...
Good shout, the cabinets would be the issue. I know we can rent them from the on-site companies. I will make some enquiries.
Chris

Amazing - give me a call if you need anything from me. I will see if I can get some mannequins to put a couple of uniforms on if that helps

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Chris Williams - 12 Jul 2022

Quote:Amazing - give me a call if you need anything from me. I will see if I can get some mannequins to put a couple of uniforms on if that helps
As soon as the portal is opened by the NEC I will have a look at what's available on site and liaise with you about it.
Chris

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - lordivanhoe - 20 Jul 2022

(08 Jul 2022, 13:47)Chris P Wrote: All being well my car should be in the auction ..... so another one on site.

Hey Chris, slightly off-topic, I notice your car has some sort of filler pieces on the outside of the headlights (just went to check on mine, as I thought I hadn't seen 'em before!) - can you tell us anything about those (ie: where you got 'em?)?
Cheers!
Ivan..

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - Chris P - 20 Jul 2022

Hi Ivan,

AXI 1699 and AXI 1697 were the only two cars that were fitted with them by the factory,  but I retro-fitted AXI 1698.

They were to have been fitted to all cars later on .....but JZD and the FBI bu**ered that job up...along with everything else.

[attachment=1338]

I understand a club member has a few... Big Grin

[attachment=1339]

AXI 1697....

RE: NEC Classic Car Show 2022 - lordivanhoe - 20 Jul 2022

(20 Jul 2022, 11:00)Chris P Wrote: Hi Ivan,

AXI 1699 and AXI 1697 were the only two cars that were fitted with them by the factory,  but I retro-fitted AXI 1698.

They were to have been fitted to all cars later on .....but JZD and the FBI bu**ered that job up...along with everything else.

I understand a club member has a few... Big Grin

AXI 1697....
Lol!  Fascinating!  Is that an original drawing, and how did you get hold of that!?!?  Amazing!  
Now.. do you think that that club member would perhaps be interested in potentially selling a pair to a fellow club member..?
:-D