Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping times issues
Has any of you guys imported your own delorean ????
my car was collected from the dealer on 28th April I still have not received any shipping information I have asked many times and I am kept being told I will forward shipping details on however it never happens cars been in their possession for nearly 3 weeks ??

RJJ freight and shipping recommended by Chris N

Simon
I have indeed but it's so long ago that 1. I can't really remember, and 2. The process may well have changed.

I used Transglobal Auto Logistics to help with a private sale. It was sight unseen ( wouldn't be brave enough to do that now!!).

I think they emailed upon collection ( the vendor phoned me anyway). Then IIRC next email was from the US port upon receipt before the ship sailed ( bill of lading or something).

Can the vendor help chase for you?
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
(15 May 2021, 21:07)Rich Hanlon Wrote: I have indeed but it's so long ago that 1. I can't really remember, and 2. The process may well have changed.

I used Transglobal Auto Logistics to help with a private sale. It was sight unseen ( wouldn't be brave enough to do that now!!).

I think they emailed upon collection ( the vendor phoned me anyway). Then IIRC next email was from the US port upon receipt before the ship sailed ( bill of lading or something).

Can the vendor help chase for you?

The car is in their warehouse waiting to be shipped I just think it’s along time to have no schedule 
They told me car arrives in the UK 30th of may however no shipping schedule surely you would need a schedule to know ETA in uk
Guess so... Mine was delayed endlessly. I guess they have to wait until they have a set number of cars going to the same port of departure before they put a transporter on? I have no idea how it works.

Someone with more recent experience than me will be along in a minute - put it this way, the first photos of my car in the UK are 6x4" prints, not digital images!!  Smile
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Does seem like a long time without info of departure, etc.

You should eventually get the name of the ship, ETA, etc to follow the journey on the shipping websites.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
(17 May 2021, 15:21)Stuart Rees Wrote: Does seem like a long time without info of departure, etc.

You should eventually get the name of the ship, ETA, etc to follow the journey on the shipping websites.

going to give them rest of this week and that be over 3 weeks since they collected the car hopefully have some information by then
Hi All
thought i would let you know, i am shipping a car and having issues.
first problem was collection. Shippers stated they cannot take booking until car is paid for...not the best idea.

so i paid the seller then that anxious wait after seeing the money go out your account...and when collected as at least then you know the car exists....

so i waited week after week. they tried open trailer, then covered trailer. i got alternative quote, and said the alternative had to collect car within days.

Anyway, finally car was collected so a sigh of relief....but now its just sat at port waiting.

i send them an email occasionally and they are short to say the least....but its a load of my cash sitting there...if the interior is stripped out, then would likely not be covered, and then its proving damage.
we all now even the spare is now worth £500, as are many Delorean parts...

so i am still waiting, about 5 weeks now from first instruction to ship.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
its 19yrs nearly since I bought 'Flopsy' from the US as a non runner, I used TGAL as they were
the main one that people used back then and gave great service.
I seem to recall that my car was picked up from San Diego and sent to the dock in Los Angeles,
which was around late July 2002, then because it was going in a container with 2 other cars, they
had to wait for the container to be full before it could be loaded. My car came over (via the Panama
Canal) on the Hapag Lloyd Singapore Express, which left LA in August 2002, and I picked the car up
from Tilbury Docks on 17 October. The ship actually docked at Thamesport, but the container was
moved to Tilbury for 'devanning'.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie