Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean
I've been watching this guys youtube channel recently, look what he's just bought... oh and he is a DeLorean fan.
Check out his other videos, including one where he compares a DeLorean and a Bricklin.

DOC 116
VIN 6237
Ooo, nice find.

I’ll watch those this evening Smile
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Its a pity the bloke can't drive a manual....or should I say stick-shift!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it
(23 Dec 2018, 07:50)little_daz Wrote: I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it

I think that known as the 83 side stripe....I had one on my 83 car. But can't find a photo of it unfortunately.....cant find anything of my computers these days...... with all these confusing operating systems. Bring back windows 7!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
(23 Dec 2018, 07:50)little_daz Wrote: I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it

Yep, quite a nice addition the thin stripe.
NOS ones can be had from DGo.....
Also in the accessory brochures of the day:
[Image: accsa.jpg]
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
(23 Dec 2018, 09:26)Chris P Wrote:

I think that known as the 83 side stripe....I had one on my 83 car. But can't find a photo of it unfortunately.....cant find anything of my computers these days...... with all these confusing operating systems. Bring back windows 7!

I thought you may know Chris  Smile  , We have that same problem here. We have one computer on the network that can find any file and another that refuses to find everything but what you want!

(23 Dec 2018, 11:09)TristanC Wrote:

Yep, quite a nice addition the thin stripe.
NOS ones can be had from DGo.....
Also in the accessory brochures of the day:
[Image: accsa.jpg]

Thanks Tris, I recon I could easily knock that up on my vinyl cutter if needs be, I wouldn't feel as bad if I didn't like it and pulled it off  Big Grin 
I've just seen the price - especially at £300!!

Sorry for the late replies - I've had a rare day off and this:

[Image: REsizeimage.jpg]

has kept me busy ALL day!
I hope you didn't pay £300 for it!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Noooooo Chris, I meant the side stripe kit is £300 on Dgo LOL.

To be fair I think NOS 30 odd year old decals would be pretty much shot by now and would be chocolate teapot - they'll be dried out, shrunk (vinyl has a lifespan) or they'll never come off the backing / App tape...
I have been watching Tyler for a couple of months. 
There are some good channels on YouTube.
If you like Hoovie check out Tavarish. He’s been rebuilding a fire damaged Lambo. And also has Hoovie’s slightly toasty 355 Wink 

Sarah N Tuned is also good, restoring a MR2 and Audi TT. She does a great job on a budget.

Goonsquad is worth a watch if you like modern American muscle cars.

The best out there in my opinion is B is for Build.

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/

DOC 116
VIN 6237
Watched last night...... he’s had a bargain! Even with the parts and labour costs on top, I’d say a good price!
DOC #230

VIN 11477 Jan '82
2010 Range Rover V8
2013 Mini Cooper S Works

Tristan J Carroll
Swansea, South Wales
Yeah seems pretty decent in cost for parts, including labour from his friend "the car wizard". That fuel pump was the most bizzare thing with it not being the right one first then seeing how they just strapped on the collection pipe which wasn't even the right length. Who ever owned it before hoovie must have not cared much. Shame on them!
Vin: 5222, 81 grey auto "Ryuko"

2017 Ford Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost (silver)

Club YouTube channel creator
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJmbtB...DhNzZQPDlA 

Submit videos for the channel:
YTAdmin@deloreans.co.uk
Yes it did turn out OK in the end....but you never know what you are getting into buying 'cheap' cars.

Not so bad if are handy with the spanners...but even a DeLorean can hide serious (and very expensive) problems....rotten chassis-frames...block rot...dodgy gearboxes etc......thats just the big stuff, you can more or less expect loads of smaller issues...with any 37 year old car.

..just a note of caution.. Blush
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Just thought I'd share this... fair play the guy's done well.

Oh and there's a DeLorean in there...

DOC 116
VIN 6237