The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean (/showthread.php?tid=5918)

Pages: 1 2

Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Stuart Rees - 22 Dec 2018

I've been watching this guys youtube channel recently, look what he's just bought... oh and he is a DeLorean fan.
Check out his other videos, including one where he compares a DeLorean and a Bricklin.

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - TristanC - 22 Dec 2018

Ooo, nice find.

I’ll watch those this evening Smile

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Chris P - 22 Dec 2018

Its a pity the bloke can't drive a manual....or should I say stick-shift!

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - little_daz - 23 Dec 2018

I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Chris P - 23 Dec 2018

(23 Dec 2018, 07:50)little_daz Wrote: I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it

I think that known as the 83 side stripe....I had one on my 83 car. But can't find a photo of it unfortunately.....cant find anything of my computers these days...... with all these confusing operating systems. Bring back windows 7!

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - TristanC - 23 Dec 2018

(23 Dec 2018, 07:50)little_daz Wrote: I just watched it, doesn't look a bad car but I've not seen that side stripe before with DMC in it

Yep, quite a nice addition the thin stripe.
NOS ones can be had from DGo.....
Also in the accessory brochures of the day:
[Image: accsa.jpg]

(23 Dec 2018, 09:26)Chris P Wrote:

I think that known as the 83 side stripe....I had one on my 83 car. But can't find a photo of it unfortunately.....cant find anything of my computers these days...... with all these confusing operating systems. Bring back windows 7!

I thought you may know Chris  Smile  , We have that same problem here. We have one computer on the network that can find any file and another that refuses to find everything but what you want!

(23 Dec 2018, 11:09)TristanC Wrote:

Yep, quite a nice addition the thin stripe.
NOS ones can be had from DGo.....
Also in the accessory brochures of the day:
[Image: accsa.jpg]

Thanks Tris, I recon I could easily knock that up on my vinyl cutter if needs be, I wouldn't feel as bad if I didn't like it and pulled it off  Big Grin 
I've just seen the price - especially at £300!!

Sorry for the late replies - I've had a rare day off and this:

[Image: REsizeimage.jpg]

has kept me busy ALL day!

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Chris P - 23 Dec 2018

I hope you didn't pay £300 for it!

Noooooo Chris, I meant the side stripe kit is £300 on Dgo LOL.

To be fair I think NOS 30 odd year old decals would be pretty much shot by now and would be chocolate teapot - they'll be dried out, shrunk (vinyl has a lifespan) or they'll never come off the backing / App tape...

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Nick H - 27 Dec 2018

I have been watching Tyler for a couple of months. 
There are some good channels on YouTube.
If you like Hoovie check out Tavarish. He’s been rebuilding a fire damaged Lambo. And also has Hoovie’s slightly toasty 355 Wink 

Sarah N Tuned is also good, restoring a MR2 and Audi TT. She does a great job on a budget.

Goonsquad is worth a watch if you like modern American muscle cars.

The best out there in my opinion is B is for Build.

Nick H

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Stuart Rees - 02 Mar 2019

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - TristanC - 02 Mar 2019

Watched last night...... he’s had a bargain! Even with the parts and labour costs on top, I’d say a good price!

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - theningiachicken - 03 Mar 2019

Yeah seems pretty decent in cost for parts, including labour from his friend "the car wizard". That fuel pump was the most bizzare thing with it not being the right one first then seeing how they just strapped on the collection pipe which wasn't even the right length. Who ever owned it before hoovie must have not cared much. Shame on them!

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Chris P - 03 Mar 2019

Yes it did turn out OK in the end....but you never know what you are getting into buying 'cheap' cars.

Not so bad if are handy with the spanners...but even a DeLorean can hide serious (and very expensive) problems....rotten chassis-frames...block rot...dodgy gearboxes etc......thats just the big stuff, you can more or less expect loads of smaller issues...with any 37 year old car.

..just a note of caution.. Blush

RE: Hoovie's Garage buy a DeLorean - Stuart Rees - 27 Jul 2019

Just thought I'd share this... fair play the guy's done well.

Oh and there's a DeLorean in there...